Lost : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Apr 24, 2011
    To date, I can't think of a more enthralling, edge of your seat, mysterious, and engaging show out there. Character development is the best I've seen since the Sopranos. You learn a lot about how every character feels, and you really get involved in their lives. You find yourself truly sad when certain characters die, and happy when they've accomplished something great. You're a robot ifTo date, I can't think of a more enthralling, edge of your seat, mysterious, and engaging show out there. Character development is the best I've seen since the Sopranos. You learn a lot about how every character feels, and you really get involved in their lives. You find yourself truly sad when certain characters die, and happy when they've accomplished something great. You're a robot if you don't feel for these characters. As far as plot goes, it's the most suspenseful show I've ever seen. Every episode both solves mysteries and leaves you with more questions. If you haven't watched this show, make sure to carve out a few weeks of your life, because it will surely consume each and every hour of it. Expand
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Best show EVER. Will keep you on the edge of your seat for a LONG TIME. I remember the first time I saw lost on TV I thought it was stupid. After watching ALL the seasons, I was so excited I started watching them ALL OVER AGAIN. Yes, it's THAT good.
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    Season 1 grips you and rips you from the start. Few shows will have you locked in so tightly, chaining episode after episode so effortlessly. JJ Abrams and company have weaved a masterpiece with both visual entertainment and story development. The entire cast is convincing and so interesting to boot. TV is rarely this good.
  4. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. TheAbsolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Expand
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    LOST is simply one of the best show there has ever been on television.
    Gripping stories, intriguing mysteries and compelling characters, and all of this is summed up with one of the best technical compartment that television has ever seen.
    Great writing, great directing and excellent editing, this and the astonishing level of the cast, is what makes LOST a piece of History. Despite
    LOST is simply one of the best show there has ever been on television.
    Despite some little weak episode once in a while, it manage to make you forget those little lacks, when it hits you very hard with one of the many epic episodes that are equally spread throughout the six seasons.
  6. Feb 22, 2011
    BEST TV SHOW EVER MADE OR EVEN THOUGHT OF, had to review it but i miss sunday nights now :( All the actors play good roles and just.......man i fu**ing miss this show. :( BAD ROBOTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)
  7. Dec 8, 2010
    WITHOUT A DOUBT the greatest tv series of all time, Its intelligent and thought provoking with some of the best characters ever constructed for tv. Its one of those shows that you have to watch intently to fully understand the complexities, if you missed an episode you more than likely missed and answer to a mystery and even if you watched all episodes its likely you missed something,WITHOUT A DOUBT the greatest tv series of all time, Its intelligent and thought provoking with some of the best characters ever constructed for tv. Its one of those shows that you have to watch intently to fully understand the complexities, if you missed an episode you more than likely missed and answer to a mystery and even if you watched all episodes its likely you missed something, ive watched the entire series 4 times and you learn something new each time. Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2010
    Great show, Its not for everyone as you have to think, some dont have the concentration span to fully appreciate the genius of LOST, from plane crashes, time travel, smoke monsters LOST has it all. Genuinely fantastic acting, writing, direction, and cinematography mixed with brilliant characters and a rich mythological story makes LOST quite possibly the best tv show ever made.
  9. Dec 30, 2010
    The series premiere of LOST will always be hailed as one of the greatest openings to a television series in history. The opening of a horrific plane crash on an island who-knows-where always stayed key to this season. Where were the castaways? Who were they? Were they alone? Who really knew? The castaways literally had to discover all of these questions on their own. The island thatThe series premiere of LOST will always be hailed as one of the greatest openings to a television series in history. The opening of a horrific plane crash on an island who-knows-where always stayed key to this season. Where were the castaways? Who were they? Were they alone? Who really knew? The castaways literally had to discover all of these questions on their own. The island that Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on was truly mysterious in many circumstances. Season 1 housed some pretty amazing episodes, while others not so much, the ones that did live up to the hype were either filled with answers, questions, action, and even more questions. That was a typical episode or two of LOST and although it did seem like a repetitious form, it never fell flat and it was always a great anticipation to wait another week for the upcoming episode. LOST also had the greatest set of characters I have ever seen in a television series. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Sayid, Charlie, Claire Jin, Sun...the list really goes on and on. Each single character was unique, not clichéd, and completely likable and you could most likely connect with at least one character on the television screen. The first season of LOST mainly focused on you getting to know each one of these characters more in depth than what they just may look like on the outside. It did host some great action scenes, as the majority of the episodes did, and Season 1 left off on a giant cliffhanger that left plenty of room for Season 2. The writing was flawless and the dialogue was written to perfection giving each character their own personal sayings and quotes and each character would talk flawlessly to each other due to this incredible style of writing either ending in a completely hilarious outcome or an frustrating outcome, it all depended on the situation. The flashbacks introduced in LOST show the characters in-depth as well showing a great piece of their history in their worst or best times. LOST Season 1 left a lot of room open with the many mysteries it brought up as listed above and more. This was a fresh approach to television and it was welcomed greatly to many people that were able to try to figure it all out, including myself. All in all LOST Season 1 was definitely a strong approach to the now famous television series that still leaves people in wonder, and with questions as well. If you haven't gotten the chance to catch a viewing of at least one episode, you're missing out on an amazing piece of television history. Expand
  10. Jan 12, 2011
    TV needed a Science Fiction show that could fill the X-Files void and this was it. Season 1 found a way to build characters all without boring you to death. With so many secrets on the Island Season 1 kept you most on edge because of course none had been revealed to that point.
  11. Mar 1, 2011
    The first half of this brilliant series was simply amazing, original writing that kept the viewer interested and curious for a long long time. the second half of the series though felt very dragged out, how I wish the writers had just given more answers to the viewer instead of questions. Seasons 1-3 of lost i would rate 10/10, but seasons 4-6 an average of 8/10. If the show was 1 or 2The first half of this brilliant series was simply amazing, original writing that kept the viewer interested and curious for a long long time. the second half of the series though felt very dragged out, how I wish the writers had just given more answers to the viewer instead of questions. Seasons 1-3 of lost i would rate 10/10, but seasons 4-6 an average of 8/10. If the show was 1 or 2 seasons shorter and it wasn't so obvious that the writer was running out of interesting twists this entire series would have been perfect. A great show nonetheless. This first season was by far the best, and an icon for modern television. Expand
  12. Apr 7, 2011
    Hands down, one of the greatest productions in history. nothing else on tv comes close to offering the level of depth LOST provides. The characters are deep and likeable, the story is unique and captivating... It's well acted and designed, LOST is a must see and a must own. Do yourself a favor and experience the genius that is LOST.
  13. Mar 17, 2011
    The explosive start to the greatest television show of all time. The combination of drama, action, romance, and sci-fi come together to create something like no other.
  14. Mar 17, 2011
    The Most Incredible Show Ever. No, No, It was more than a show.... it was a life form. Thank you Lost. For being the best thing to ever happen to me.
  15. Jun 21, 2011
    The coolest show i have ever seen. A plane crashes on and island, and throughout the series u learn about each character and why they were each on that plane. Really cool action and story
  16. Jul 1, 2011
    When I first heard of Lost I laughed. It was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island with no signs of survival where they had wonderous adventures in the jungle. Then I saw the pilot episode. I was utterly and completely drawn in and I ate my words. Ever since then I have been captivated by the show, its deep and personal characters, mysteries and mythology, its humor andWhen I first heard of Lost I laughed. It was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island with no signs of survival where they had wonderous adventures in the jungle. Then I saw the pilot episode. I was utterly and completely drawn in and I ate my words. Ever since then I have been captivated by the show, its deep and personal characters, mysteries and mythology, its humor and romance, and sorrow and happiness. There is truly so much to love about Lost, and for those who said the show left too many loose ends lying around within the last season ultimately did not get the point, it was about the characters not the mythology, and while the show tied many mysteries up, the whole point of Lost was curiosity and intrigue, which is exactly what the producers and writers did with the show in the end. Fantastic. Ever single second I was in love with the show, and I had no clue what would happen next, its twists flying about wildly, and when I speak for Season 1, I speak for the entire show, just genuinely amazing and utterly original show. The way they ended it was so touching. I will just never forget people like Locke, Ben, Jack, and Desmond. Expand
  17. Jul 31, 2011
    If you never watch it , what are you waiting for ? . It's simple, is the best tv show I had ever seen, WATCH IT . You would have a great time, and it is really amazing-
  18. Aug 15, 2011
    Caveat: LOST won't leave you alone. It will leave your TV set and constantly enter your mind far after you're done watching it ("What's in the hatch!?," "The button must be pushed! But why!?,"Did you know that 'Hoffs-Drawlar''s an anagram for 'Flash-Forward'?," "We have to go back!!!!!!!", "Who's in the coffin!?" "I LOVE LOST!"). LOST ened fourteen months ago. Not one single day has goneCaveat: LOST won't leave you alone. It will leave your TV set and constantly enter your mind far after you're done watching it ("What's in the hatch!?," "The button must be pushed! But why!?,"Did you know that 'Hoffs-Drawlar''s an anagram for 'Flash-Forward'?," "We have to go back!!!!!!!", "Who's in the coffin!?" "I LOVE LOST!"). LOST ened fourteen months ago. Not one single day has gone by where I don't think about it. You've been warned! Expand
  19. Feb 7, 2012
    One of the best tv shows ever. I loved every minute of it. You care about ech character, they all have their own and interesting past. Also there is a monster in the woods, making this show even more interesting there is so much to say but it would spoil the show.
  20. Jul 17, 2013
    I watched the entire series in one summer, and even then, I never became bored and always wanted to watch "just one more". The plot is weird, and at times confusing, but it is so immersive you wont care. The characters are all so well developed and are very likable thanks to a brilliant cast. This show deserves all the praise it has received and then some.
  21. Feb 11, 2012
    LOST in my opinion is the best tv series of all time. The atmosphere, stories, and character development are second to none. I have never experienced such an amazing show that makes you think, laugh, and sometimes cry all within a single episode. Do yourself a favor and watch this show because it truly is life changing.
  22. Feb 29, 2012
    If I could, I would give Lost lower than a 10, but I simply can't. I loved the show to death and the more than disappointing ending makes me want to lower to a six or a five, but I just can't. Everything about the show (besides the ending) is immaculate. It's acting, story, twists, turns, character development, location, and everything else is astonishingly amazing. When my friend firstIf I could, I would give Lost lower than a 10, but I simply can't. I loved the show to death and the more than disappointing ending makes me want to lower to a six or a five, but I just can't. Everything about the show (besides the ending) is immaculate. It's acting, story, twists, turns, character development, location, and everything else is astonishingly amazing. When my friend first recommended it to me, I told him to screw off. He continued to pester me to watch it (this lasted for a year and a half) until one summer I finally decided to watch the Pilot. Every single night for the next few months, I watched at least two or three episodes of Lost. It is unbelievably addicting. Once you start watching- you can't stop. Expand
  23. Apr 1, 2012
    Yeah, one of the best tv shows in the history of TV, pure quality and epic story, I remember telling myself "I definitely have to watch this show" when I saw the promotion about the plane, it will have a little place in my heart forever.
  24. May 22, 2012
    The only people who fail to be obsessed with this program are a) people who missed an episode and then found themselves 'lost' in the intensity of the program or b) they are a robot.
  25. Jun 1, 2012
    Best show of the century. A modern classic.
  26. Oct 16, 2013
    The first season was amazing. Great story, great plot twists and great character depth. Simply a must watch season.
  27. Jul 18, 2012
    LOST is without doubt the greatest television series of all time. I don't say this lightly, I have seen all the greats including "The Wire, The Sopranos, West Wing, The X-Files and so on, but none can match LOST for its multi-layered story telling, fascinating characters, deep philosophical elements and all round entertainment. No TV Series before or since has sparked such a massiveLOST is without doubt the greatest television series of all time. I don't say this lightly, I have seen all the greats including "The Wire, The Sopranos, West Wing, The X-Files and so on, but none can match LOST for its multi-layered story telling, fascinating characters, deep philosophical elements and all round entertainment. No TV Series before or since has sparked such a massive amount of intrigue and debate. LOST wasnt for everyone, to fully enjoy and "Get" LOST you have to pay attention and sadly our generation includes many that don't want a thought provoking show, but something to dull the senses. LOST stands alone as the greatest tv series of all time. Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    Lost at its best. I'm going to single out season 1 as the best season of any show there is. The later seasons only achieved a fraction of the magic of the first one. I'll understand if anyone would not want to commit to watching six seasons, but to miss out on season 1 would be a great loss IMO.
  29. Nov 20, 2013
    After living through Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Wire, Dexter, and many other A list TV shows LOST is still my favorite. It not only explores every ounce of humanity, but it does so in a morally uplifting way; so that you're not left feeling guilty rooting for a serial killer, drug kingpin or street gangster. The Walking Dead is the only other hit show I know of that focuses moreAfter living through Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Wire, Dexter, and many other A list TV shows LOST is still my favorite. It not only explores every ounce of humanity, but it does so in a morally uplifting way; so that you're not left feeling guilty rooting for a serial killer, drug kingpin or street gangster. The Walking Dead is the only other hit show I know of that focuses more on the good in people that the bad.

In terms of the "controversial" ending, or for that matter the last two seasons, I would say they're not controversial at all. Anyone who has watched LOST from beginning to end I can't stress this bit enough and has a brain capable of flowing, logical thought can understand almost everything which is going on in one play through, if not certainly in two. This is the beauty of LOST, it's not just a sit-down-and-waste-an-hour kind of show, it really gets you thinking. The ending wraps things up in the most satisfactory way that it possibly could, in true LOST fashion.
  30. Jun 27, 2013
    Best. Show. Ever... Ever. Every character went through so many changes that you never knew what to expect from episode to episode. And, honestly, years after it ended, I'm still trying to figure out what some of the things meant. That's the best part of it, too, that it keeps you thinking.
  31. Mar 19, 2013
    If you haven't watched Lost, I'm sure you'll have heard plenty about it. Just try to clear everyone's own interpretation of it out of your head, sit down, and watch the pilot. I've seen many TV series, from as long as 24 to as short as Firefly, and none come closer with excitement and crucially, with the characters. It deserves the status of changing US TV series, revolutionary even. TheIf you haven't watched Lost, I'm sure you'll have heard plenty about it. Just try to clear everyone's own interpretation of it out of your head, sit down, and watch the pilot. I've seen many TV series, from as long as 24 to as short as Firefly, and none come closer with excitement and crucially, with the characters. It deserves the status of changing US TV series, revolutionary even. The plot never becomes stagnant, and it essentially forces you to question deep set ideas that TV series' aren't supposed to make you question. And so for that, I find it impossible to not give this anything other than a 10/10, and there's no program/film I will ever recommend more so than Lost. Essential TV viewing! Expand
  32. Jun 14, 2013
    There is something about Lost that I can never explain to anyone.
    Therefore, I will just stick with my usual phrase: "The best entertainment product I have ever known".
  33. Jun 22, 2013
    Lost is simply one of the best if not the best tv show every made. The writing is great, the plot is great, the music is great. The only problem I have with this show is Kate.
  34. May 31, 2015
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  35. Jul 31, 2013
    I'm the kind of fan that went to Hawaii during the filming of the last season just to see the sets and be on the island during the end. The show coincided with meeting my future wife, and it was a show that we introduced everyone we could find to.

I know it wasn't for everyone. Some were bothered by unanswered questions and the different pace of different seasons. I personally have not found many other shows where I couldn't wait for the next episode, and spent nearly as much time re-watching the episodes for more insight.

One thing that matters to me more than any other show is how they treat the characters. I fell in love with nearly everyone they introduced, and I felt they treated so many characters with respect.
  36. Aug 30, 2013
    I could not have watched this show in a more ideal setting than I did. I never saw it when it aired on television, I saw it when it came on Netflix, I knew absolutely nothing about the show other than that it polarized it's audience. But over the course of two weeks, I marathoned through the show and was so moved by the experience that I had that it easily moved into my favorite show ofI could not have watched this show in a more ideal setting than I did. I never saw it when it aired on television, I saw it when it came on Netflix, I knew absolutely nothing about the show other than that it polarized it's audience. But over the course of two weeks, I marathoned through the show and was so moved by the experience that I had that it easily moved into my favorite show of all-time. Masterpiece. Expand
  37. Oct 9, 2013
    Don't talk to me about Lost. I miss it. SO MUCH. I love it, SO MUCH. Everything about this show was so enticing. It is obviously one of the best shows ever made, one of the best written and acted.
  38. Oct 18, 2013
    My favorite season in Lost is the first one, because of how much its character development impacted on us, and it has an amazing build-up of intense survival, unexpected suspense, and great emotion. Many of its mysteries may remain unsolved, and it doesn't matter on that. What intrigues me the most in Lost is mostly on its protagonists, whose are forced to fight for their flawed lives,My favorite season in Lost is the first one, because of how much its character development impacted on us, and it has an amazing build-up of intense survival, unexpected suspense, and great emotion. Many of its mysteries may remain unsolved, and it doesn't matter on that. What intrigues me the most in Lost is mostly on its protagonists, whose are forced to fight for their flawed lives, when it comes to a lot of dangers, such as the Others, the French woman, and the smoke monster. Despite the other seasons, which didn't capture the spirit of the first season (except for the critically-acclaimed fourth season, which earned an 87 out of 100 from Metacritic), the first season had me keep on going to the other seasons, due to how much its impact was. I wish to have a second run on the first season, because the main formula of the season is brilliantly executed and there couldn't be any better season, like this. Expand
  39. Nov 9, 2013
    best show of all time. It is amazing, the writing is great, and the acting is even better. The only thing is that the last few season were a bit confusing.
  40. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  41. Jan 13, 2014
    Dude, this is simply the best show I've ever seen.. I started watching it after it ended and every time I finished watching a chapter I was so eager to watch the next one, even when I was able to watch the next episode right after..
    I can't imagine what would've been watching just one episode per week I would'be died for sure..
    I MISS LOST SO MUCH :'(
  42. Jan 31, 2014
    I'm a big fan of series, i saw dexter, prison break, breaking bad and many series of this decade, but Lost are a serie at a was a great expectation to see.
    i love all the seasons and the episodes of the serie, it i all expected, have action, fights, desperate peoples, bad peoples, black smokes, pollar bears, crazy scientists, pretty womans, good actors, photography, geniality, ...
    But
    But was much have fixed me, has the love, friendship, human capacity in take care of another peoples don't matter if you never seen there before and the highest value of all, the faith, despite everything, everything will end ok, those things are really bad, but you have try to fixed that.
    You never will die alone, and that people you love, the people that you live together, will always be your biggest fuel is that you will have up after when it's over, so even if I never see you again there is still the possibility to see you in another life brother!

it's my frank conclusions of the serie LOST
  43. May 21, 2014
    Lost is THE best television show I have ever watched, the insane plot twists and character development keep you along for a bumpy ride. I critique shows highly, and this one deserves a ten. Within a matter of seconds you get intrigued until six seasons later your at the end and cant believe everything you just watched. Season 1-4 are more character development and you learn to love eachLost is THE best television show I have ever watched, the insane plot twists and character development keep you along for a bumpy ride. I critique shows highly, and this one deserves a ten. Within a matter of seconds you get intrigued until six seasons later your at the end and cant believe everything you just watched. Season 1-4 are more character development and you learn to love each one of them, but then in the last two seasons so many events happen that blows my mind on how the writers came up with it. The only debatable thing that will either make or break the series for you, is how much thought you want to put into each episode. If your looking for something that you can multi task while watching this show would not be it. But at the same time its good because the show doe not end when you turn off your tv. Expand
  44. Sep 27, 2014
    Empecé esta serie hace cosa de un mes y ya estoy enganchado. La primera temporada ha sido brillante, el guión es uno de los mas conseguidos que he visto, pienso ver todas las temporadas de Perdidos porqué creo que de verdad merece la pena. A partir del capítulo 4-5 la serie ya me tenía sin poder conciliar el sueño.
  45. Jul 23, 2014
    Lost dosent just give us a smart creative story it also gives us intense action amazingly developed characters and great acting Lost is one of the best shows ever.
  46. Sep 9, 2014
    i cannot express how great this was i got the boxset in 2011 and watched 4 episodes perday.

i wish i could remove all memorys from my brain so i could keep watching this again and again like the first time.
  47. Oct 25, 2014
    Visually stunning and wonderfully acted by an all-star cast, Lost is a creative enigmatic thrill ride with characters you can’t help but fall in love with.
  48. Dec 30, 2014
    La verdad una de las mejores series vistas en mi vida. Yo creo que claramente puede competir con Los simpons o Breakin Bad. Sin palabras con la produccion fue espectacular y la series te atrapa.
  49. Jan 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As its a couple of months till the next marvel and dc cinematic universe movies, I'm going to start to do long reviews on TV shows. So first, Lost series 1:

The plot:
    Lost has a great plot and idea, really original. All of the TV shows now are about crazy science fiction and while this technically is about science fiction its much more original. Its nice that it slowly explains mysteries like about john Locke being in a wheelchair and how Charlie came to be on drugs. My faviroute ideas though is the idea of the hatch, and that there may be other people on the island. They bring so much mystery to the plot. As well as that the raft story is great and it keeps us wondering if its going to work. Not only that but it does a great job of leaving us on cliff-hangers as well has not explaining all the mysteries so we have to watch the next series. The cliff-hangers on the last episode are especially good. I mean what's inside the hatch! And who took Walt!

Characters: Lost has so many characters to talk about, and their relationships to each other so I am going to try to go through them all.
    Jack, is a doctor and the main character on the show. He is a nice guy and works to help everyone. His back story isn't the saddest of backstories but it does do a good job of making you feel bad for him. I think he has a good relationship with Kate but I feel it was slightly rushed as they seemed like they'd been together for years but in reality it had been 7 episodes. Kate, is the secondary protagonist in lost and is a fugitive. Her backstories aren't great but she is a pretty decent secondary protagonist. Sawyer, is a character that you started off hated but slowly became one of your faviroute. He starts off as this jerk who makes fun of everyone but when you learn his backstory his jokes become more funny, and his character is in one of the huge cliff-hangers at the end of the series. Claire, is the pregnant woman and possibly the least involved character but she is very important as she is taken by the others. Her development isn't great but she only has one backstory which isn't her fault. Charlie, is a drug addict who is much more likeable than hateable. His backstory is very sad and you understand why he has turned to drugs, but he redeems himself by going off them early in the series. However this may change thanks to his character twist at the end of the series. John Locke, has the saddest backstory on television. Like when he wants to go on the walkabout but he is rejected you are shouting at the screen saying LET HIM ON THE WALKABOUT.
    He becomes obsessed with the hatch and the difference between him and jack is great. Shannon, maybe my least faviroute character of the show, as she doesn't have a backstory so we don't really know why she is so snobby. Boone, The first main character to die in the show and it is depressing when it happens.
    sayid, Another one of my faviroute characters, he has a great story and the fact that he hates himself because he tortures people is good. Jin and sun, the argumentative couple in which we originally side with sun but eventually we understand both sides of the argument and their reuniting is great. Michael and walt, The father son relationship between them is great and it is so sad when the cliff-hanger happens to break them up at the end. Hurley, The funniest character of the series surprisingly doesn't get a flashback until nearly the end of the series, which is surprising as he is the best character.

Altogether lost season 1 is what you would want in a opening season. great plot, great characters. A great first season
  50. Feb 24, 2016
    Lost Season 1 is a triumph. I don't give out 10's lightly, nor without reason.

Simply put, Lost has it all. A diverse cast of interesting and relatable characters, a mysterious island that teases with a mystery you cant quite put your finger on, excellent acting, and an interesting setting. Even to this day, the production value is astonishingly good. The special effects easily
    Lost Season 1 is a triumph. I don't give out 10's lightly, nor without reason.

Even to this day, the production value is astonishingly good. The special effects easily hold up. The writing is phenomenal.

The best part of Season one is how it holds up as a self-contained story in its own right, by the end of the season, you've gotten to know every character, and they've all got their own time in the spotlight. Lost Season 1 is truly a must-see for any media lover, one of the best seasons of television ever created.
  51. Mar 23, 2016
    My favorite show so far! The plot was amazing, with so many twists and got me addicted after the first three minutes! Every character was well written and developed, and could have a show dedicated to themselves! I loved everything, no flaws. The finale was amazing and got me in tears (as well as many other moments!).
  52. Aug 22, 2010
    I loved Lost. It was an amazing show that will be missed - a truly unique sci-fi. How they ended the show was a slight disappointment but still it was well worth the ride. I'd watch it again from start to finish.
  53. Dec 2, 2010
    Brilliant first season. The way they cut from the present to the back-stories of each character is cleverly done so we, the viewers learn important information about our characters but not the whole story. James "Sawyer" Ford played by Josh Holloway is revealed slowly enough for us to be fooled into believing he's just a dumb selfish country hick but as the season emerges we begin to seeBrilliant first season. The way they cut from the present to the back-stories of each character is cleverly done so we, the viewers learn important information about our characters but not the whole story. James "Sawyer" Ford played by Josh Holloway is revealed slowly enough for us to be fooled into believing he's just a dumb selfish country hick but as the season emerges we begin to see cracks in the armour that show a vulnerability and insecurity sitting underneath and an unexpected intelligence. John Locke played by Terry O'Quinn has a huge mystery attached to him. How is it that he can walk when he was paralysed. It's wonderful that this remains unanswered throughout the entire season. Each character has something of interest about them that emerges slowly. Expand
  54. May 25, 2013
    Following a plane crash 48 survivors find themselves trapped on an island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Right from the opening minutes of the pilot this grabbed viewer’s attention as the survivors attempted to escape the burning wreckage of the plane and aid to those that were injured.

From then on this first season’s major focus was on character development. Cleverly each episode focused on one of the survivors providing background information through flashbacks showing their life before arriving on the island. This technique really gave the viewer an insight into the motivations of each character making their actions more relatable. We also quickly learnt that the island itself was far from normal but its story was slowly and deliberately unveiled as this first season progressed with every episode providing more questions than answers, making it impossible not to tune in for the next episode and priming the audience for season two.

Those of you that became disillusioned with the later series will find that season one is every bit as good as you remember. If you haven't yet watched it then what are you waiting for?
  55. Apr 11, 2012
    The best series of episodes for any television show, ever, unfortunately everything that this first season relies on plot-wise to keep it interesting, overstays it's welcome starting from season 2.
  56. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first Season of Lost is a fantastic introduction to one of the best shows on TV. After an ultra-intense two-part pilot episode, we're given tantalizing tastes of the island's many mysteries. It's a remarkable set-up for the future but what truly makes this Season amazing is the development we see in the survivors of 815. Lost's large, rich, and deep cast is unmatched by anything on television.

The flashbacks focusing on one character per episode may feel a bit tiresome in 25 40 minute episodes but it does wonders to flesh out each individual character. These characters all have backstories that are well worth visiting, and they're often times just as good as the events transpiring on the island. The insight these flashbacks give us allow us to really have a greater understanding of the cast and their motives. Lost's ability to deftly handle multiple plot-lines without flinching is first put to the test here; it all comes together with a beautiful sense of cohesion.

Who can forget the moment that it was revealed Locke was paralysed from the waist down before the crash? Or learning the reason behind Sawyer's name? How about the engrossing rift between Jack and his father? And the best part is that this is only a small sampling of the awesome flashbacks present in Season 1.

John Locke quickly solidifies himself as a character very different from the rest, and his story deserves special attention. He's the first to discover that the island is special. He does come off as a bit of a nutjob at first, though. Now representing the Man of Faith in Lost's interesting philosophical debate, he now is an avid believer in destiny. Terry O'Quinn is absolutely brilliant portraying a man who has his faith renewed after feeling pathetic and destroyed off the island.

The first Season wisely plays most of its Sci-Fi elements close to its chest. Weird stuff occurs, yes, but we're only given a very thin slice of the things to come. The most brilliant mystery of the Season would undoubtedly be the hatch. It plays a huge part in the next Season, and constantly theorizing about what the hell was in there was a blast.

The first Season also provides us with the first clues about the indigenous people of the island. 'The Others' antagonized the survivors on more than on occasion. The shocking conclusion had them disrupt Michael's escape attempt and steal his boy. Exodus Part 2 was an awesome way to cap off the Season and makes us hungry for answers and more fascinating developments.

The score is breath-taking too, thanks to Michael Giacchino. If you've never heard of him, he's earned a tremendous reputation and definitely flexes his creative muscle for Lost.

I don't think the first Season was pitch-perfect however. It was quite odd that the episodes following Claire's abduction had no follow-up. Things just seemed to go back to normal. And did anybody really shed a tear for Boone? He and Shannon are arguably the series' weakest characters and it seems like the writers were playing it a tad safe having him being the only survivor death of the Season. Also, there are a few episodes that felt filler-y.

Really though, these are quite trivial complaints considering what Season 1 of Lost achieves in terms of characterization. Lost's major plot points won't come into fruition for a little bit; those of us with a little patience know that the first Season of Lost was magnificent.
  57. Dec 4, 2012
    An absolutely amazing show with great character development, twists, and surprises that keep you constantly on your toes. Through a series of flashbacks (and flashforwards), the viewer puts together a carefully crafted puzzle to understand the big picture. Seasons 1-3 were phenomenal, Seasons 4 & 6 were above average, and season 5 was very average at best. All in all, amazing show!!!
  58. May 16, 2013
    Loved it since day one, loved it every year each time waiting a week in excitement to see the next episode. Amazing story, the questions raised made you keep watching. That is until they RUINED IT in the last hour of the entire series. that last hour made me facepalm myself for spending so many hours just to get to that conclusion. I would have been much happier if they didn't show theLoved it since day one, loved it every year each time waiting a week in excitement to see the next episode. Amazing story, the questions raised made you keep watching. That is until they RUINED IT in the last hour of the entire series. that last hour made me facepalm myself for spending so many hours just to get to that conclusion. I would have been much happier if they didn't show the last episode and just said "make up your own ending". That would give me more closure than the piece of crap they put on. Expand
  59. May 8, 2014
    soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good
  60. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    Outstanding start for a really big TV show, outstanding actors, performance, scenaries, musics, effects, just perfect for this type of genre.

The week point is that sometimes you get a little bit confused to discern what is the real and the fiction in the show, witch is a bit silly.
  61. Oct 2, 2014
    Первый сезон шедеврален! Здесь столько интересных персонажей и сюжетных поворотов, что вспоминая их, хочется "стереть себе память и пересмотреть его еще раз".
  62. Jan 14, 2015
    This show engages on many levels and can be enjoyed by the analytic and intrigue monger alike. Although this show is more than a decade old, it is a program which can be looked to for inspiration. LOST allowed the occasional viewer to enjoy the episode to episode intrigue which is hard to find nowadays, as well as giving the over thinker some things to mull over. No matter what end of theThis show engages on many levels and can be enjoyed by the analytic and intrigue monger alike. Although this show is more than a decade old, it is a program which can be looked to for inspiration. LOST allowed the occasional viewer to enjoy the episode to episode intrigue which is hard to find nowadays, as well as giving the over thinker some things to mull over. No matter what end of the spectrum you find yourself, this show has plenty to offer, enjoy. Expand
  63. Jun 27, 2015
    Lost is a show you don't expect. It is full of imagination, twists, turns, and exciting characters. Lost season 1 is really good. It developed such interesting characters that you grow to love and leaves you wanting more. The only flaw is sometimes it can drag and have a few episodes that are just silly
  64. Dec 18, 2015
    Season 1 of Lost is really good. The plot for the season is very interesting and back stories to all the characters builds a connection with the characters.
  65. Jan 30, 2011
    Simply one of the best tv shows ever... I'm sure the secret force behind the writers was some alien, or some being from another dimension. The last season was very disappointing though...
  66. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    Lost is a very good show overall, but it's not the savior of all Sci-Fi shows. Don't let the hype get you riled up. If you want to see a good mystery that will keep you captivated, then you should turn this on.
  67. Nov 3, 2010
    This show should have been maybe 3 or 4 seasons long. They had to extend it too much and that is bad for such a story driven show as this. They added way too many things to keep it interesting and the ending shows it. They probably had a hard time putting everything back together in the end because the story had branched out so much. Still with all of it's faults it was a great run and IThis show should have been maybe 3 or 4 seasons long. They had to extend it too much and that is bad for such a story driven show as this. They added way too many things to keep it interesting and the ending shows it. They probably had a hard time putting everything back together in the end because the story had branched out so much. Still with all of it's faults it was a great run and I am glad I watched every single episode. Expand
  68. Apr 24, 2013
    Honestly, I loved this show for its first three seasons. The show made up for some of the lackluster acting by hitting you so unbelievably hard in a way you didn't expect that you couldn't help but watch more. The mystery, the intrigue, the many many many questions that you had at the end of each season, etc. Unfortunately a portion of this show fell victim to the writers strike, the restHonestly, I loved this show for its first three seasons. The show made up for some of the lackluster acting by hitting you so unbelievably hard in a way you didn't expect that you couldn't help but watch more. The mystery, the intrigue, the many many many questions that you had at the end of each season, etc. Unfortunately a portion of this show fell victim to the writers strike, the rest of it fell to ABC executives demanding more episodes than the writers originally planned which added clear filler episodes and even a few "lets recap everything that has happened but not say anything else" episodes. What was left was a brilliant beginning that captured your attention in a way which television seldom does that sadly fell flat on its face by the end of the final season. It was not canceled, nor was it cut short, it simply failed to finish in a way consistent with the claims made by writers, producers and many others. The nagging questions that piled up during the seasons were not answered and some of them were not even addressed by the end and as the final episode closed I found myself incredibly angry. I watched the final episode when it first aired several years ago and am still angry about a show that had such brilliant characters brought to life in such a unique way but failed to do what it promised or even what I had hoped. Expand
  69. Apr 26, 2013
    Lost have good and bad points. I watch the entire series after that finish at TV. Maybe becouse that was different from the others audiences.

The drama was relatively good. The first season holds you very strong. But some acts disappoints me, and i stop watching becouse of that for a while. little later I returned watching and ended liking.
  70. Sep 9, 2015
    Lost is an impossible not-to watch.

Lost is an impossible not-to watch.

J.J and his mystery box, is there anything even like it? A doubtful assumption! At first it might look like a classic, slow and over-dramatic tv-show, but there's nothing even like it! Team Fox-O'Quinn (Matthew Fox & Terry O'Quinn) and all the other cast are very well presented, and their characters are so beautifully visualized with all the flashbacks and character introductions. Add flawless character-depth and a lot human connection, survival and mystery to it; then you got Lost. Just the title alone sounds mysterious, and the plot is just as non-cliché-ish, odd and inventive! There're a lot subplots that are connected to each other. A lot of small details that might hint on what really is happening, and is gonna happen. This is all part of J.J’s mystery box. It's a unique way to keep the audience continue to raise questions. It's the major ingredient to a great show. You want to know more of the interesting and non-linear story, figure out what the show really is about and to solve all its mysteries. It's no surprise why people easily get attached to it.

Lost starts pretty well; with a lot of mystery and character introductions to it. It might be a bit draggy due to all the flashbacks and drama, but that's just my own personal opinion. The more mystery/horror-genre kinda disappeared in the middle of the season, which was less great, but since it returned in the season finale do I still love this show. The only negative aspects with this season are those I mentioned above, but also the overused shaky cams, which are so freaking annoying! But other than that is Lost a highly recommended show, both from a critical and personal perspective. But it's still the remarkable characters and of course a stunning performance from Terry O’Quinn which makes Lost a fabulous show to watch over and over again.

Overall personal rating for each episode: 7.50/10

Personal rating: 8/10
    Critical rating: 9/10
  71. Oct 19, 2013
    this season did a show full of mysteries and intrigues she may be the best start of a series of all time and she has a chilling end, I really liked how the script develops.
  72. Aug 21, 2014
    Lorem ipsum ad his scripta blandit partiendo, eum fastidii accumsan euripidis in, eum liber hendrerit an. Qui ut wisi vocibus suscipiantur, quo dicit ridens inciderint id. Quo mundi lobortis reformidans eu, legimus senserit definiebas an eos. Eu sit tincidunt incorrupte definitionem, vis mutat affert percipit cu, eirmod consectetuer signiferumque eu per. In usu latine equidem dolores. QuoLorem ipsum ad his scripta blandit partiendo, eum fastidii accumsan euripidis in, eum liber hendrerit an. Qui ut wisi vocibus suscipiantur, quo dicit ridens inciderint id. Quo mundi lobortis reformidans eu, legimus senserit definiebas an eos. Eu sit tincidunt incorrupte definitionem, vis mutat affert percipit cu, eirmod consectetuer signiferumque eu per. In usu latine equidem dolores. Quo no falli viris intellegam, ut fugit veritus placerat per. Expand
  73. Jul 1, 2014
    I admit it: I like this show. When I first watched Lost in 2004 I was not very excited about it. When I watched it from beginning to end on Netflix I found myself hooked, enthralled. It has since become by favorite TV show, and that is saying a lot.

I know it's not perfect, no medium of entertainment will ever be perfect. It's actually far from perfect. The reason why this is my favorite show is merely because it is an emotional roller coaster. You get on expecting the best and you get different feelings every second.

The twists and mystery are all fine but the real heart of the show is in its characters (even though some of their story arcs may be a tad disappointing at times), who drive the show through its amazing six-year run. They are people you can learn to relate to and even love, they are special.

The low points are major, however. Some episodes just seem out of place, especially in Season 3. "Stranger in a Strange Land" is by far the worst episode, skip it. Nikki and Paulo also are useless, they are killed off in order to continue the story but they were honestly NEVER NEEDED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

All in all, it is a good show if you enjoy mystery and action and find yourself attached to characters, but if not, still check it out, I recommend it.
  74. Oct 16, 2014
    The first episodes was just amazing and I really enjoy them. But after complicated story I started loosing in this TV show and I was really LOST :D.
    Great writing, exactly in the first two seasons was just awesome and I really loved every episode. Amazing was cast too. Thanks to this show I was able to find new actors.
  75. Jun 27, 2012
    When my friends told me about the genre and the plot of this show, I got so excited to watch it. After watching season 1, I am not impressed that much, because there are so many things that should have been or could have been explained in the first season. But I am glad that I am watching this show, and it is not wasting my time.
  76. Jan 10, 2016
    Well, five more seasons to go. This is going to be difficult without getting spoiled, since this series ended in 2010. Season 1 didn't reveal anything about the mysteries that surrounds the island, but it fittingly developed its main characters, and focused on a each character every episode, presenting flashbacks prior to the fateful flight. Both the premiere and the finale wereWell, five more seasons to go. This is going to be difficult without getting spoiled, since this series ended in 2010. Season 1 didn't reveal anything about the mysteries that surrounds the island, but it fittingly developed its main characters, and focused on a each character every episode, presenting flashbacks prior to the fateful flight. Both the premiere and the finale were breathtaking and visually dazzling. Some episodes were weaker than others, but all in all, this was a pretty exciting way to start what might be one of the most enthralling shows to date.

Final Score: 7.5/10
  77. Apr 24, 2015
    + Good actors
    + The mystery of the island.
    + Solid story (on the island).

- The background stories take of 1/4 - 1/3 of the show and it's boring and uninteresting.
    - Up to 6-8 episodes are filler.
    - Too few locations, I keep seeing the same areas.
  78. Oct 14, 2010
    J.J. Abrams is an excellent director, creator, and writer. The viewer can see a lot of that in the first season of Lost. Alas, it suffers from boring back stories and tedious character development. The mysticism around the Island are interesting as well as trying to figure out what brought the plane down. In conclusion, this show is great to some but, "isn't my cup of tea."
  79. Sep 1, 2011
    A show which had so much great character development, mythology and suspense went right downhill in its last seasons. Most of the answers seemed to have been thought up as they were filming instead of actually following up what was set into motion in season 1 & 2. Seems that something happened in season 4 where all things went off the rails, with a craptacular finale - too bad, I reallyA show which had so much great character development, mythology and suspense went right downhill in its last seasons. Most of the answers seemed to have been thought up as they were filming instead of actually following up what was set into motion in season 1 & 2. Seems that something happened in season 4 where all things went off the rails, with a craptacular finale - too bad, I really enjoyed the initial seasons. Expand
  80. Dec 13, 2014
    This series is a **** I think the producers had no idea how to make the plot. They just added millions of mysterious motives and hoped that the show will be canceled before they will have to explain this. So even if first two seasons were quite enjoyable, it all coverts to the festival of absurd and unconcincing cheap stories. Overrated as hell.
  81. Sep 17, 2014
    So I started watching it when it started coming out on DVD so I wouldn't have to wait (yes I started at season 1 and went through almost 3 seasons) but I came to find, this show doesn't even make **** sense. It's hard to follow and irritating enough as it is but having to wait for it....not happening. I would have watched 1 or maybe 2 episodes and been done. As it is, I only watched asSo I started watching it when it started coming out on DVD so I wouldn't have to wait (yes I started at season 1 and went through almost 3 seasons) but I came to find, this show doesn't even make **** sense. It's hard to follow and irritating enough as it is but having to wait for it....not happening. I would have watched 1 or maybe 2 episodes and been done. As it is, I only watched as many as I did because I was sort of forced to by a friend of mine. Did NOT like this show Expand
  82. Mar 8, 2014
    just plain terrible..like come on the whole show is a bunch of bogus bs.....i could have pulled a better show out of my rear end...funny how it gets a better score than house of cards, at least house of cards is interesting and has a freaking plot...

1. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 28, 2013
    Grabs you so forcefully that you won't shake free even when the drama strains credulity.
  2. Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Reviewed by: Mark Dawidziak
    Feb 26, 2013
    An intense, intriguing and exciting mix of action and horror. [22 Sept 2004, p.E1]
  3. Kansas City Star
    Reviewed by: Aaron Barnhart
    Feb 26, 2013
    It's safe to say you've not seen anything like it on network television. And not to put too fine a point on it, but the shock does wear off after a few minutes. [22 Sept 2004, p.F3]