• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.5

1. May 19, 2014
    The first 2 seasons of the Louis show were brilliant comedy. Season 3 started the mixed bag and season 4 isn't even a comedy. There are no laughs, just sad sack darkness with no direction. It's almost like Louis is seeing how unfunny he can get before the network pulls the plug. If Season 4 was his first season nobody would have watched.
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    Based upon what I've read here, I watched a few episodes of Louie.

I view it as time in my life that i will never get back. I understand that humor can be personal. But this show bored the hell out of me. I had to force myself to watch multiple episodes. It Is Not Funny. There Is No Insight In This Show. So I sit here and wonder, why do people like this show?????? I mean,
    Based upon what I've read here, I watched a few episodes of Louie.

I view it as time in my life that i will never get back.

It Is Not Funny. There Is No Insight In This Show.

So I sit here and wonder, why do people like this show?????? I mean, really... what is up with this show?
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Basically a hard to watch season. This season portrays Louie and his semi-crappy life without the usual comic relief that the previous seasons had.

Everything is very serious, with honestly not much comedy involved in the show. I don't understand how a show can go from being one of the better comedies on tv to being an awkward, semi-offensive, pretentious portrayal of Louie's **** life.

The sexual assault bit was wayyyy over the top, making him seem very rapey and generally unlikeable.

After the last episode, which was essentially a giant flashback with no comedic content describing how Louie was a pothead/thief as a child, and how he apparently cannot communicate with his daughter other than caving and just not mentioning that maybe as a 12 year old she shouldn't be smoking.

I'm not hopeful for the future of the show. Critics seem to like it, but this season has been unapproachable for me, and not the funny, sometimes touching show that it used to be.
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    Problem with this show is that Louie is unlikeable in real life and in this show. Some of the routines are comical, but in the end I find myself checking out.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 7, 2014
    It’s not that the season was bad--it was daring and often beautiful, emphasizing serial storytelling over episodic one-offs, with many indelible moments, especially those involving Louie’s daughters.
  2. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    May 7, 2014
    Its main purpose is to confront the taboo, and whether that means exploring just how far Louie will go into the "experimental" side of masturbation in the season premiere or simply digging into his ugliest prejudices about overweight women, the show can be revelatory.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    May 5, 2014
    It’s clear that C.K. made good use of the time off to recharge his creative batteries. The season’s third episode, “So Did the Fat Lady,” is his best yet.