• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.6

1. May 6, 2014
    Never watched Louie before. I was flipping through channels last night and caught this episode at the start. It was weird and really awkward but I was strangely intrigued by it. As the episode went on it got stranger and more bizarre. By the end of this episode, everything was getting out of hand and Louie is left with an ultimatum that seems to set up a really interesting plot for theNever watched Louie before. I was flipping through channels last night and caught this episode at the start. It was weird and really awkward but I was strangely intrigued by it. As the episode went on it got stranger and more bizarre. By the end of this episode, everything was getting out of hand and Louie is left with an ultimatum that seems to set up a really interesting plot for the rest of the season. Expand
  2. May 7, 2014
    I'm following Louis C.K's works for quite some time now and let me tell you something you will NEVER find someone as human and powerful as this guy. his shows will stick to your mind and never let go you know why? because he never answer the challenging thoughts that he puts in your mind, and you definitely will think about the things that he said during the day and trust me he will changeI'm following Louis C.K's works for quite some time now and let me tell you something you will NEVER find someone as human and powerful as this guy. his shows will stick to your mind and never let go you know why? because he never answer the challenging thoughts that he puts in your mind, and you definitely will think about the things that he said during the day and trust me he will change the way you think! that's the power of Louis C.K. Expand
  3. May 7, 2014
    Two episodes into the season and the series has clearly not lost a thing. Tasteless at times, touching at others, this is a series unlike others on TV. The depressing louie, and the depressing ambiance he creates and is enbroiled in due to his own doing is an unique dynamic that forces me ot watch again and again. Oh yeah, i didnt even mention the comedic nature of the show..........
  4. May 10, 2014
    Incredible, as usual, the depth and the comedy are beautifully dark and equally funny, so depressing and uplifting at the same time, it has now become my favourite show.
  5. May 19, 2014
    The first 2 seasons of the Louis show were brilliant comedy. Season 3 started the mixed bag and season 4 isn't even a comedy. There are no laughs, just sad sack darkness with no direction. It's almost like Louis is seeing how unfunny he can get before the network pulls the plug. If Season 4 was his first season nobody would have watched.
  6. May 10, 2014
    What's so amazing about Louis and this TV show is that he obliterates any possible expectations that you may have for the half hour. Sure, you were going to get the short standup bit, but beyond that he really takes you on a roller coaster ride that defies pattern or expectation. An added bonus is the fact that I love his comedian friends, including Sarah Silverman and Jim Norton.
  7. Jun 2, 2014
    A big fan of Louis C.K. and his work. I've been watching this since the first season and it's by far the best comedy series you'll find on TV. The reason why Louie stands alone amongst the other comedy shows is that it takes the dark and intellectual side of comedy and delivers it in such a way that it gives you a good laugh and has a touch of realism which makes you reflect upon it.A big fan of Louis C.K. and his work. I've been watching this since the first season and it's by far the best comedy series you'll find on TV. The reason why Louie stands alone amongst the other comedy shows is that it takes the dark and intellectual side of comedy and delivers it in such a way that it gives you a good laugh and has a touch of realism which makes you reflect upon it.
    Beautifully scripted with those long and continuous shots makes it cinematic and one of a kind.
  8. Jun 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Basically a hard to watch season. This season portrays Louie and his semi-crappy life without the usual comic relief that the previous seasons had.

Everything is very serious, with honestly not much comedy involved in the show. I don't understand how a show can go from being one of the better comedies on tv to being an awkward, semi-offensive, pretentious portrayal of Louie's **** life.

The sexual assault bit was wayyyy over the top, making him seem very rapey and generally unlikeable.

After the last episode, which was essentially a giant flashback with no comedic content describing how Louie was a pothead/thief as a child, and how he apparently cannot communicate with his daughter other than caving and just not mentioning that maybe as a 12 year old she shouldn't be smoking.

I'm not hopeful for the future of the show. Critics seem to like it, but this season has been unapproachable for me, and not the funny, sometimes touching show that it used to be.
  9. Aug 8, 2014
    Based upon what I've read here, I watched a few episodes of Louie.

I view it as time in my life that i will never get back. I understand that humor can be personal. But this show bored the hell out of me. I had to force myself to watch multiple episodes. It Is Not Funny. There Is No Insight In This Show. So I sit here and wonder, why do people like this show?????? I mean,
    Based upon what I've read here, I watched a few episodes of Louie.

I view it as time in my life that i will never get back.

It Is Not Funny. There Is No Insight In This Show.

So I sit here and wonder, why do people like this show?????? I mean, really... what is up with this show?
  10. May 30, 2014
    This show has always been pretty loose, but in this series Louis CK spends a short twenty minutes riffing around a subject and then bye bye roll credits. It just feels so much less substantial than earlier series. My highlight so far was Pamela Adlon's reappearance, which inexplicably lasted for all of two minutes. I have to agree with the more negative reviewer who said if this was theThis show has always been pretty loose, but in this series Louis CK spends a short twenty minutes riffing around a subject and then bye bye roll credits. It just feels so much less substantial than earlier series. My highlight so far was Pamela Adlon's reappearance, which inexplicably lasted for all of two minutes. I have to agree with the more negative reviewer who said if this was the first series, no one would watch it. I feel Louis CK is slightly taking his audience for granted here. And where have the opening credits gone? Expand
  11. May 12, 2014
    Louie is abostuley amazing listen its funny depressing and so original. Louie might be at emmy time because its so good. Watch THIS DAMN SHOW. Thanks Louie
  12. Jul 28, 2014
    Louie C.K is the voice of a generation. Sure, his character is often times infuriating, and frustrating- but the sophistication with which he looks at the world, and his willingness to confront subject matter nobody else is willing to discuss, makes the show so remarkable. The show for all it's faults is beautifully constructed-from the music, to the cinematography, to the structure: everyLouie C.K is the voice of a generation. Sure, his character is often times infuriating, and frustrating- but the sophistication with which he looks at the world, and his willingness to confront subject matter nobody else is willing to discuss, makes the show so remarkable. The show for all it's faults is beautifully constructed-from the music, to the cinematography, to the structure: every detail has been carefully thought out and it shows. Each little vignette is packed with humor, mundanity, anguish, and often epiphany, making this show one of the best to every grace network television. Expand
  13. Jun 25, 2014
    As much as I just love Louis CK and really value and respect his work, I really have mixed feeling about this new season. The Elevator arc, which is almost half of the season had its moments, but the few last episodes with the reintroduction of pamela pretty much kills everything, it's boring and awkward, the character played by pamela adlon is unlikeable, unfunny and weird., a really badAs much as I just love Louis CK and really value and respect his work, I really have mixed feeling about this new season. The Elevator arc, which is almost half of the season had its moments, but the few last episodes with the reintroduction of pamela pretty much kills everything, it's boring and awkward, the character played by pamela adlon is unlikeable, unfunny and weird., a really bad ending to season 4. The first sign that something was wrong with the show was "So Did The Fat Lady" with it's insufferable patronizing monologue, the whole marijuana arc also did not work well. Overall this season of the show falls short of expectation :( Expand
  14. Jul 25, 2014
    It's all over the place but it's still incredibly entertaining to watch. Louie isn't what you'd expect a stand up comedian's TV show to be like, especially Season 4, which runs a few special, extended episodes and tells more in-depth stories than any of the other seasons. This season is much more serious than the previous three, though there are still plenty of hilarious moments that willIt's all over the place but it's still incredibly entertaining to watch. Louie isn't what you'd expect a stand up comedian's TV show to be like, especially Season 4, which runs a few special, extended episodes and tells more in-depth stories than any of the other seasons. This season is much more serious than the previous three, though there are still plenty of hilarious moments that will remind you where Louis CK's roots lie and where he started: as one of the all-time best stand-up comedians. Louis was nominated for a Golden Globe for his acting performance in Louie, and it was well deserved: his acting is superb as he plays a lonely, extremely awkward aging man who's come to terms with his appearances and awkwardness. But that doesn't stop him from chasing love. Expand
  15. May 15, 2014
    The worst TV show worth watching. Random story-lines, pathetic characters, no point, but I am seeing it. hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmmhmhmhmhmhmmhmhmhmhmhmhmh
  16. Oct 8, 2014
    This show's just getting funnier, darker, and weirder in a good way. There's nothing like this on TV right now. What's even amazing that Louie direct, produce, write and edit this damn show. In season 4, the writing is getting even better, especially in "So did the fat lady" in which he won an Emmy. One of the best episode of TV shows this year. This season has also just getting evenThis show's just getting funnier, darker, and weirder in a good way. There's nothing like this on TV right now. What's even amazing that Louie direct, produce, write and edit this damn show. In season 4, the writing is getting even better, especially in "So did the fat lady" in which he won an Emmy. One of the best episode of TV shows this year. This season has also just getting even better with "Elevator", "Pamela" and " In the Woods". God, this guy is brilliant!! Expand
  17. May 12, 2014
    BEST COMEDY/DRAMA SERIES OF ALL TIME. Louie is a f**king genius. Fox need to put it on a big screen, CK deserves it, i laugh so hard or sad very much every episode, DA BEST.
  18. Jul 22, 2014
    This guy makes a really interesting show so far. Not what you would expect and totally his yet still entertaining. I think he has been brilliant so far with this show and hope he is successful for many more seasons. I give it a rare 10 because honestly it is so unique and entertain every season.
  19. Jun 10, 2014
    Episode 3 ending was a real eye opener. Confronting the taboos that we don't even realise exist with his a unique style of humour is only a small reason of why this show is such a huge success. Louie's ability to create a show that really hits home in so many ways keeps me coming back for more.
  20. Jun 26, 2014
    This is wonderful - raw and exposed he is funny and endearing - completely addictive. I love this show - not only is he a brave comedian - but a great story teller. Highly recommend this..
  21. Jul 20, 2014
    Problem with this show is that Louie is unlikeable in real life and in this show. Some of the routines are comical, but in the end I find myself checking out.
  22. Jul 21, 2014
    While more real and profund than the previous seasons i think this season lacks a lot of the humor of especially the third season, which is my favorite so far. Still a good season but just not as funny.
  23. Oct 13, 2014
    Louie creates the most intimate and Past-and-Imagination-excavating magical worlds on TV ever. It's no surprise, for me at least, that this show can't get any better or worse when it already has C.K. doing everything perfectly since the debut of the series.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 7, 2014
    It’s not that the season was bad--it was daring and often beautiful, emphasizing serial storytelling over episodic one-offs, with many indelible moments, especially those involving Louie’s daughters.
  2. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    May 7, 2014
    Its main purpose is to confront the taboo, and whether that means exploring just how far Louie will go into the "experimental" side of masturbation in the season premiere or simply digging into his ugliest prejudices about overweight women, the show can be revelatory.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    May 5, 2014
    It’s clear that C.K. made good use of the time off to recharge his creative batteries. The season’s third episode, “So Did the Fat Lady,” is his best yet.