• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.5

1. May 6, 2014
    Never watched Louie before. I was flipping through channels last night and caught this episode at the start. It was weird and really awkward but I was strangely intrigued by it. As the episode went on it got stranger and more bizarre. By the end of this episode, everything was getting out of hand and Louie is left with an ultimatum that seems to set up a really interesting plot for the rest of the season. Expand
  2. May 7, 2014
    I'm following Louis C.K's works for quite some time now and let me tell you something you will NEVER find someone as human and powerful as this guy. his shows will stick to your mind and never let go you know why? because he never answer the challenging thoughts that he puts in your mind, and you definitely will think about the things that he said during the day and trust me he will change the way you think! that's the power of Louis C.K. Expand
  3. May 7, 2014
    Two episodes into the season and the series has clearly not lost a thing. Tasteless at times, touching at others, this is a series unlike others on TV. The depressing louie, and the depressing ambiance he creates and is enbroiled in due to his own doing is an unique dynamic that forces me ot watch again and again. Oh yeah, i didnt even mention the comedic nature of the show..........
  4. May 10, 2014
    Incredible, as usual, the depth and the comedy are beautifully dark and equally funny, so depressing and uplifting at the same time, it has now become my favourite show.
  5. May 10, 2014
    What's so amazing about Louis and this TV show is that he obliterates any possible expectations that you may have for the half hour. Sure, you were going to get the short standup bit, but beyond that he really takes you on a roller coaster ride that defies pattern or expectation. An added bonus is the fact that I love his comedian friends, including Sarah Silverman and Jim Norton.
  6. Jun 2, 2014
    A big fan of Louis C.K. and his work. I've been watching this since the first season and it's by far the best comedy series you'll find on TV. The reason why Louie stands alone amongst the other comedy shows is that it takes the dark and intellectual side of comedy and delivers it in such a way that it gives you a good laugh and has a touch of realism which makes you reflect upon it.
    Beautifully scripted with those long and continuous shots makes it cinematic and one of a kind.
  7. May 12, 2014
    Louie is abostuley amazing listen its funny depressing and so original. Louie might be at emmy time because its so good. Watch THIS DAMN SHOW. Thanks Louie
  8. Jul 28, 2014
    Louie C.K is the voice of a generation. Sure, his character is often times infuriating, and frustrating- but the sophistication with which he looks at the world, and his willingness to confront subject matter nobody else is willing to discuss, makes the show so remarkable. The show for all it's faults is beautifully constructed-from the music, to the cinematography, to the structure: every detail has been carefully thought out and it shows. Each little vignette is packed with humor, mundanity, anguish, and often epiphany, making this show one of the best to every grace network television. Expand
  9. Jul 25, 2014
    It's all over the place but it's still incredibly entertaining to watch. Louie isn't what you'd expect a stand up comedian's TV show to be like, especially Season 4, which runs a few special, extended episodes and tells more in-depth stories than any of the other seasons. This season is much more serious than the previous three, though there are still plenty of hilarious moments that will remind you where Louis CK's roots lie and where he started: as one of the all-time best stand-up comedians. Louis was nominated for a Golden Globe for his acting performance in Louie, and it was well deserved: his acting is superb as he plays a lonely, extremely awkward aging man who's come to terms with his appearances and awkwardness. But that doesn't stop him from chasing love. Expand
  10. Oct 8, 2014
    This show's just getting funnier, darker, and weirder in a good way. There's nothing like this on TV right now. What's even amazing that Louie direct, produce, write and edit this damn show. In season 4, the writing is getting even better, especially in "So did the fat lady" in which he won an Emmy. One of the best episode of TV shows this year. This season has also just getting even better with "Elevator", "Pamela" and " In the Woods". God, this guy is brilliant!! Expand
  11. May 12, 2014
    BEST COMEDY/DRAMA SERIES OF ALL TIME. Louie is a f**king genius. Fox need to put it on a big screen, CK deserves it, i laugh so hard or sad very much every episode, DA BEST.
  12. Jul 22, 2014
    This guy makes a really interesting show so far. Not what you would expect and totally his yet still entertaining. I think he has been brilliant so far with this show and hope he is successful for many more seasons. I give it a rare 10 because honestly it is so unique and entertain every season.
  13. Jun 10, 2014
    Episode 3 ending was a real eye opener. Confronting the taboos that we don't even realise exist with his a unique style of humour is only a small reason of why this show is such a huge success. Louie's ability to create a show that really hits home in so many ways keeps me coming back for more.
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    This is wonderful - raw and exposed he is funny and endearing - completely addictive. I love this show - not only is he a brave comedian - but a great story teller. Highly recommend this..
  15. Oct 13, 2014
    Louie creates the most intimate and Past-and-Imagination-excavating magical worlds on TV ever. It's no surprise, for me at least, that this show can't get any better or worse when it already has C.K. doing everything perfectly since the debut of the series.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 7, 2014
    It’s not that the season was bad--it was daring and often beautiful, emphasizing serial storytelling over episodic one-offs, with many indelible moments, especially those involving Louie’s daughters.
  2. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    May 7, 2014
    Its main purpose is to confront the taboo, and whether that means exploring just how far Louie will go into the "experimental" side of masturbation in the season premiere or simply digging into his ugliest prejudices about overweight women, the show can be revelatory.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    May 5, 2014
    It’s clear that C.K. made good use of the time off to recharge his creative batteries. The season’s third episode, “So Did the Fat Lady,” is his best yet.