Louie : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. Jun 24, 2013
    I love Louis CK and I loved his first show, Lucky Louie, but I'm meh on this first season. It has its moments, but not enough of them. I want to like it more, but I just can't.
  2. Sep 8, 2015
    Louie is one of those shows that you are suppose to identify with the character.Well,unless you're forty plus year old divorced Father of two girls that's from New York then I doubt you will relate to any of Louie's problems.Personally,I am A young,single Guy from California and to myself New York looks like A foreign country to Me.As for the comedy,most of the funny parts have to do withLouie is one of those shows that you are suppose to identify with the character.Well,unless you're forty plus year old divorced Father of two girls that's from New York then I doubt you will relate to any of Louie's problems.Personally,I am A young,single Guy from California and to myself New York looks like A foreign country to Me.As for the comedy,most of the funny parts have to do with His comedy routine like when He's at the comedy club and something happens there.The rest are just awkward,embarrassing moments that I don't personally find funny and I usually turn my head when something like that occurs.So,I am saying it is worth watching,but I really could not relate to much of the show which is why it doesn't score higher for myself.Perhaps you will and if you can this show is for you. Expand
  3. Aug 22, 2015
    Louis is a show about the comedian Louis C.K. The humor focuses on the mundane and dark aspects of humanity. It is sharp and funny, but not nearly as good as critics and reviews suggest.
  4. Oct 1, 2012
    First of all it is not a comedy!!! it's the most unfunny comedy of all time. In my opinion Louie C.K. created a dead boring sitcom with very artistic directing and picture but with a very bad actor with enormous limitations (that possibly can't deliver the intended laughs from the screenplay)
  5. Jul 25, 2015
    this is hardly entertaining. he CAN be funny, but he usually isnt. at least thats what i got from the first 6 episodes i saw. sorry pal way too cheap to be recommended for a large audience, not even sure if it qualifies for comedy some of the time.
  6. BingoNamo
    Jul 1, 2010
    I like LCK's sense of humor and brutal honesty, but he cannot translate his stand-up into a consistently funny comedic series. His HBO show "Lucky Louie"! was hit-and-miss affair at best but it was still a recognizable comedy show (with added masturbation). The first two installments of "Louie" were almost totally unfunny in the non-stand-up segments. Unfortunately, he went for the I like LCK's sense of humor and brutal honesty, but he cannot translate his stand-up into a consistently funny comedic series. His HBO show "Lucky Louie"! was hit-and-miss affair at best but it was still a recognizable comedy show (with added masturbation). The first two installments of "Louie" were almost totally unfunny in the non-stand-up segments. Unfortunately, he went for the constant embarrassment overkill type of comedy (a la "Office" UK) but without the funny, the existential and cosmical absurdity (a la "Party Down") or the heart (a la "Parks and Entertainment"). He piles on daily drudgery and (mid-life) depression like some suicidal Seinfeld's cousin and I can totally relate with the situation, but it's not nearly funny enough for a comedy show. This would get canceled very soon on a major network. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Often profane and occasionally offensive, Louie won't be to every viewer's taste, but it's a more interesting show than many with a definitive point of view.
  2. The indie-director touches do not narrow the appeal of Louie. It is, however, strictly for adults.
  3. Just trust me, this show is super-funny.