Louie : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. brndnbrndn
    Jun 30, 2010
    This feels like an important show. Funny, offensive, poignant, profound. Charmingly, irresistibly depressing. P.S. Please consider removing the Miami Herald, Glenn Garvin review from the site. It contains factual errors and bald misrepresentations.
  2. TerryW
    Jun 30, 2010
    One of the most original sitcoms to come out since Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on this channel, also just one of the funniest in general just because louis c.k. is so brutally honest. Lets all hope this doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.
  3. EricDavis
    Jul 2, 2010
    Hilarious show!
  4. NicoO.
    Jul 5, 2010
    Good stuff. I was hesitant to watch it in fear it would be terrible but I'm pretty convinced it will continue to grow good. The whole ridiculous gay/anti-gay convo in the second conversation was quite a spectacle.
  5. BradK
    Jun 30, 2010
    "Louie" is a perfectly constructed comedy. It's cringe-worthy, honest, painful, and hilarious. Too bad it will be canceled after one season because America hates clever, original shows.
  6. TimG
    Jun 30, 2010
    This show will find it's rhythm and we will all benefit from it. The awkwardness IS the humor!! He's gonna be great!
  7. EvinC
    Jul 2, 2010
    Made me laugh a lot. Louis CK is so funny. We need more shows written this smart and funny.
  8. Aug 29, 2010
    Brutally honest, suicidally depressing, almost constantly cringe-inducing but relatable not off-putting (like Larry David); hilarious in the stand-up segments, slightly less so when depicting the existential horror of (daily) life.
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    Uneven but funny as hell. Brash, vulgar and somehow truthful. Louie needs something along the lines of a Jerry Seinfelf treatment. That way, it would stay on for multiple seasons and continue to be consistently funny.
  10. Sep 18, 2011
    Life is funny. Life is sad. Love is funny. Love is sad. "Louie" is about life and love. "Louie" is simply the best comedy series I have ever, ever seen.
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious TV show that follows around Louis CK as he plays a fictional version of himself: Louie, an aging, lonely, boring, and awkward man who lives alone and with his two daughters every other week. You'll find yourself grinding your teeth in frustration at his awkwardness, while at the same time you're pissing yourself laughing. The acting is top-notch and not what I would've expectedA hilarious TV show that follows around Louis CK as he plays a fictional version of himself: Louie, an aging, lonely, boring, and awkward man who lives alone and with his two daughters every other week. You'll find yourself grinding your teeth in frustration at his awkwardness, while at the same time you're pissing yourself laughing. The acting is top-notch and not what I would've expected from a stand-up comedian's TV show. If you like Louis CK's kind of comedy, then definitely hesitate no longer and go check out Louie (first 3 seasons on Netflix currently!). To give you an idea of how good Louis CK is at playing his character, he was nominated in 2013 for a Golden Globe. Expand
  12. BHB
    Aug 12, 2010
    Funniest show on television right now. Louie is vulgar yet honest and he is comfortable laughing at his bouts of depression. Helps you feel comfortable with your own humanity and laugh!
  13. Oct 3, 2010
    I found the first season of Louie to be incredibly honest television. There aren't necessarily the crazy, ridiculous plot-lines you might find in Community, 30 Rock, or Sunny. But it's clearly the product of one man's relationship with the world around him. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's serious. It's very true to life in that sense. The frequent very surreal moments make the showI found the first season of Louie to be incredibly honest television. There aren't necessarily the crazy, ridiculous plot-lines you might find in Community, 30 Rock, or Sunny. But it's clearly the product of one man's relationship with the world around him. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's serious. It's very true to life in that sense. The frequent very surreal moments make the show subjectively original. It has a very loose structure and nothing is ever heavy-handed -- not the jokes, not the drama. C.K. doesn't make his opinions out to be more than opinions, and I find his efforts and message to be very compelling. In an era of packaged television, Louie transcends genre and convention, and is one of the most original shows on the air. Expand
  14. Aug 25, 2011
    This has got to be my favorite show on television right now. It's Louis C.K. plus all the funny stuff he can't say while on stage. It's kind of like Seinfeld, cos he does stand up on the show, and then goes about his life. Honestly, I think it's better than Seinfeld. A lot of things that haven't been done before on a comedy TV show are being done on Louie and believe me, it's awesome.
  15. Aug 5, 2013
    Great first season for a unique show. Admittedly it suffers a little from trying to find its footing and I think the show gets much better in later seasons. However if you give this a chance I guarantee by the end of the season you will be hooked. This is like nothing else in TV.
  16. Feb 21, 2013
    Funny show anybody who disagrees is a but hurt suburban dumpster baby angry at the world because mommy did not buy them the Iphone5 ,and don't have appreciation for stand up comedy.
  17. May 17, 2014
    It's rare to see a performer put himself out there, warts and all, but Louie just underlines what a brilliant, self-effacing comic Louis CK has matured into. For a few years now he's been one the funniest men in stand-up, and is fast becoming a comic legend, and this series is just another chapter in his burgeoning career. It's raw, excruciatingly honest, intelligent, confronting, andIt's rare to see a performer put himself out there, warts and all, but Louie just underlines what a brilliant, self-effacing comic Louis CK has matured into. For a few years now he's been one the funniest men in stand-up, and is fast becoming a comic legend, and this series is just another chapter in his burgeoning career. It's raw, excruciatingly honest, intelligent, confronting, and very, very funny. Expand
  18. Quinn
    Jun 30, 2010
    Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is expected from that kind of character. All in all, I would continue watching, but if it got any worse, I would possibly consider changing the channel. Expand
  19. BrianN.
    Jun 30, 2010
    Really funny show, an anti-Seinfeld for 2010.
  20. chrisg
    Jul 5, 2010
    Louis ck is my favorite comedian, and his show is also funny. this shows gonna be a hit.
  21. Aug 24, 2010
    Louie C.K. is one funny (shutyourmouth). The scene where he sits in coach is one of the funniest I've seen since Seinfeld.
  22. Aug 17, 2010
    Huge fan of Louie. Very funny show, but not the sort of comedy reminiscent of Seinfeld; this is more of a dry, sarcastic, self-deprecating humor. It's different, fresh. Just watch it!
  23. Aug 18, 2010
    Louis.CK is funny on stage and in sitcoms . The episodes can be funny (thanks to his stand up comedy) and painful at the same time.There had been great funny moments , for instance is interrupted by a woman when he is on stage and awkward moment too (the bully). It is funny, interesting and almost never boring.
    Great Comedy
  24. Sep 1, 2010
    Louie is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen. Although i don't like the lack of recurring characters or any sort of plot, Louis C.K has created a real gem that should be appreciated and possibly touched inappropriately by the entire adult audience.
  25. Sep 23, 2010
    If you're familiar with his stand-up comedy, that may prepare you for the offensive bits, but the darkness will probably have to grow on you. Since he comes off not just as a character but as a gem of a person, you're more willing to meet him half-way. The more I see, the more I enjoy the originality and the genuineness. I can't believe the half-hour passes so fast.
  26. Dec 11, 2010
    What people thought Seinfeld was. It wasn't, but this. Funny, if you're paying attention to the world around you and the precarious lunacy of it, and brilliant if you've realized that nothing in 2010 America is the way it's supposed be.
  27. Sep 4, 2011
    Good show. The comedy is basically about serious awkward moments. Some are extremely funny while others are not that funny at all, yet it still keeps my attention. Not you average comedy and very unique. I love it.
  28. Apr 28, 2011
    Louis CK is plainly put, brilliant. His stand-up is brutally honest and hilarious. This TV show is not only extremely funny but also very original. I can't wait for season 2
  29. Jan 18, 2013
    Before I start this review let me just say I am a big fan of Louis CKs stand up and that anyone that hasn
  30. Sep 1, 2011
    It's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally theIt's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally the punch line comes through and you laugh, laugh, laugh and laugh some more. Louie is a great show, well done by a great comedian. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Often profane and occasionally offensive, Louie won't be to every viewer's taste, but it's a more interesting show than many with a definitive point of view.
  2. The indie-director touches do not narrow the appeal of Louie. It is, however, strictly for adults.
  3. Just trust me, this show is super-funny.