• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 13, 2013
  • Season #: 1
8.1

1. Sep 9, 2013
    Louis C.K. has gone above and beyond his other recent stuff with this show. Still crude, but with less about his actual life and more about life in general. He reminds me of George Carlin in so many ways, and IMO even funnier. His pessimistic views may not appeal to everyone s' sense of humour, but if you are an honest person, you will laugh until your ass falls off.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Really one of his best. Not as dirty as his early stuff but just as funny. Still as witty as ever, Louie has nailed it again! Can't wait for his show to come back!
  3. Apr 20, 2013
    After seeing this I realized that there had not been a stand up that made me laugh so much in a very long time.
    I had not seen Louis C.K. before and I definitely intend to find more of his work.
    Crude facts about life presented in a manner that simply makes it impossible to not laugh.
    A must see.
  4. Jun 30, 2013
    Just one of my favorite show, louis louie it's just hilarious when it's supposed to be funny and kinda deep when it's supposed to be serious. The problem with giving to this season a ten it's only that season 2 and 3 get's better, so what i'm supposed to give to them? don't know but i don't care: it's a TEN for me!
  5. Apr 14, 2013
    Louis C.K. manages to stay atop the comedic world with his unique sense of humor. When C.K. announced that Louie wouldn't be airing its 4th Season in 2013, many people, such as myself, were disappointed and wondered what Louie would be doing with his year off before Louie returns in 2014. Taking his stand-up on the road was an obvious answer. Many fans were hoping for a special. And they got it. This special, however, was different. The stage was a little more intimate, or at least it came off that way on TV. And usually Louie hits right off the gate with an insane and totally hilarious joke. This time it felt like he was taking his time. This time around, I found myself laughing more and more halfway in. If comedy was basketball, Louis C.K. would be LeBron James. He continues to score and never fails in his attempt at keeping people satisfied with his performances. Upon watching this some people, I'm sure, were writing Oh My God off as a failure. Why would anyone do that? History. If history teaches us anything, in today's society anyway, that once somebody gets famous, they get their 15 minutes, and once its up, it seems anything they do after, sucks. C.K. seemed to have worked extremely hard on making this a success, and he did a damn good job and it makes me even THAT much more ready for Louie's Season 4 return in 2014. Expand
  6. Apr 15, 2013
    Best standup I have seen in a very long time. Louis C.K. says whats on his mind and we all know we keep some dark in our heads! His water fountain sculpture joke had me laughing for the rest of the evening. I really wish HBO would do more comedy specials.
  7. Jul 10, 2013
    CK is a the top of his stand up game right now. Coming off the TV show a season, he is in demand and his comedy has really evolved. Subject matter varies (sometimes wildly without much warning) which makes the show even better. Sure, some instances are offensive but his delivery is the reason why fans like him. Definatly a case of: if you like him...you REALLY like him. And if you don't like him you HATE him. Expand
  8. Jul 4, 2013
    Yes it has a decent humor from time to time, sometimes even genious phrases comes from his own expirience, but mostly it just dirty sexual jokes that tries to sound smart. So it's just mediocre show

Oh My God is animated by deep skepticism and an appreciation of joy, qualities that don’t normally mix in comedy and that might seem, in a different context, incompatible. But they aren’t incompatible--not here, anyway.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Apr 12, 2013
    Oh My God, taped in February, is a crackerjack show, a polished, manifestly professional performance that couldn’t be more different in tone from “Louie.”
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Apr 12, 2013
    Louis C.K. shoots from the lip and keeps scoring. The beauty is the seeming ease with which he does this. And the knowledge of how hard it really is.