• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
7.5

1. Jul 6, 2011
    Luckily, only the first half of "Love in the Wild" actually involves "the wild". Instead, the attention is focused on the dialog, conflict and bonding between couples, so you get the feeling that the outdoor challenge is just a ploy to create stress and drama, and not too vital to the show. Likewise, the results of the challenge don't dramatically affect the outcome for the contestantsLuckily, only the first half of "Love in the Wild" actually involves "the wild". Instead, the attention is focused on the dialog, conflict and bonding between couples, so you get the feeling that the outdoor challenge is just a ploy to create stress and drama, and not too vital to the show. Likewise, the results of the challenge don't dramatically affect the outcome for the contestants (think Big Brother).

The second half of the show is where it really gets good. First, there's a social event where everyone can socialize with everyone else. To add a little drama, each couple is forced to sleep in the same room together (with a solitary queen bed, young'uns). The following day (and last 10 minutes of the show) is the elimination round. Both individuals of each couple can choose to stay paired, or try someone new. If the new choice refuses them, they have to wait and hope someone else will choose them. The winning couple from the challenge has the benefit of choosing first, followed by the second placed couple, and so forth. The last man and woman standing are the ones no one wants and they're the goners. So awkward; so fun.

Of course, I've only seen the first episode, but I'm hoping this show makes it, because I'm already hooked!
  2. Jun 29, 2011
    Well I think it was funny and interesting. I had several good laughs watching the mismatched couples stumble around the stunningly beautiful Costa Rica landscape. Sure it is a reality show for (trying) to find love. But what a first date, you will really find out the character of a person you are building a raft with so you can float down a crocodile infested river, following hand drawnWell I think it was funny and interesting. I had several good laughs watching the mismatched couples stumble around the stunningly beautiful Costa Rica landscape. Sure it is a reality show for (trying) to find love. But what a first date, you will really find out the character of a person you are building a raft with so you can float down a crocodile infested river, following hand drawn map. Good luck guys and gals, but it made for great TV and good laughter. I will watch it again. Besides who cares what critics think. Expand
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    A fun summer reality show. Some nice changes from other dating shows like the Bachelor/Bachelorette, such as: equal number of men and women (better odds for a match), couples have to work together on tasks in a race situation (better bonding experience) and the winning couple gets a trip around the world (instead of a forced engagement). So far the couples seem like fairly normal peopleA fun summer reality show. Some nice changes from other dating shows like the Bachelor/Bachelorette, such as: equal number of men and women (better odds for a match), couples have to work together on tasks in a race situation (better bonding experience) and the winning couple gets a trip around the world (instead of a forced engagement). So far the couples seem like fairly normal people (instead of producer picked nuts who wear masks and vampire teeth). The jungle setting also adds interest. Give it a try!!!!! Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2011
    One of the best dating shows ive seen. the contestants are a lot of fun to watch as they develop and change. the process is fresh and everything about the show is a 10.
  5. Jun 7, 2012
    As far as fluff television goes this one is not terrible. The premise is something that we have seem many times before but even knowing that I cannot help but watch. The wackiness of it all pulls me in. This is a really fun summer guilty pleasure.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jul 18, 2011
    It's only fun, though, when the would-be mates turn on each other and the bat guano flies: Romancing the Stone morph into The War of the roses. [25 Jul 2011, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 29, 2011
    Love in the Wild is undeniably a waste of time and brain cells.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 29, 2011
    Maybe central casting is wearing thin, but aside from being beautiful (naturally), there's not a personality in the bunch more interesting than the crocodiles, ants or bats on display.