Love Monkey : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2006
7.9

1. MarlaD
    Feb 6, 2006
    I rarely sit down to watch a certain show the same time every week, but this show is one that my 16 year old son and I both enjoy. Great program!
  2. BrandonM
    Feb 9, 2006
    This is my favorite show on TV. It is witty, funny, great script, and the music is great. I can hardly wait for the next show from week to week. I hear it is getting canceled which is really going to make me unhappy with CBS. May have to boycott the station for awhile.
  3. RandyC
    Jan 25, 2006
    I love the way Tom is so relaxed in his delivery, tho I was glad I recorded it. (he mumbles)(watched Boston Legal) The shows have been ultimately very enjoyable but the general public needs to be hit over the head as usual. Unfortunately this show will not make for that reason.
  4. SamS
    Jan 20, 2006
    I really enjoyed the show. Some of the dialogue was a bit iffy, but overall, I got a real kick out of the writing. I think that Tom and Jason were particularly good. And I am not a 90210 fan.
  5. KRYSTINES
    Feb 10, 2006
    Best show ever created! Dry witty humor and actors that come straight from the heart. Excellent!
  6. LindaO
    refreshing and entertaining
  7. JoshB
    Feb 2, 2006
    This show is hilarous and Tom Cavanaugh is wonderful. I love the music and I love the characters. Great writing and acting.
  8. RobL
    Mar 11, 2006
    absolutely loved this show and so did a number of my friends, we were all upset to see it go - BRING IT BACK, or send me the additional episodes that were shot :-)
  9. DanielleB
    Mar 24, 2006
    I loved the show and I am so sad that it is not showing anymore. My Tuesday night tv watching sucks without it. Please bring it back.
  10. LauriH
    Apr 9, 2006
    Finally, a show that is relevant, showcases up & coming musicians, and is just a fun show to watch. I'm so glad it's come back on!
  11. Bill
    Jun 3, 2006
    Great show, i think it belonged more on Vh1 then CBS. But did it canceled there too? ...
  12. Don
    Feb 20, 2008
    I miss this show a lot. I think it was so cool and anti-establishment. I could relate to all of the characters on the show and I loved all of he music; not to mention the cameos (Martin Luther is so talented). I think this show was way too progressive for it's own good.
  13. ElizabethH
    Jan 18, 2006
    i seldom watch network TV but i found this very entertaining. likeable characters, snappy dialogue, neither overly romantic nor crudely gritty. Soundtrack was great--yes, even Wayne's numbers. He's awesome for an "8 year old"
  14. Woo
    Jan 18, 2006
    Yes, there's potential, but looks to be designed overall for boy-crazy girls of all ages. I'll watch one more time and if there's nothing transcendent, that's all for Ed, I mean LM.
  15. JohnJ
    Jan 18, 2006
    The concept is here but the follow through was not. The scenes were hoaky and lame and the dialogue boring.
  16. SarahS
    Jan 18, 2006
    This has to be one of the worst shows that I have ever seen. All the "edgy" points that this show was trying to make with its comentary on how the music industry need to change and be about better music rings so false when their main musical showcase this week, "Wayne", who is susposed to amazing, is dreadfull radio friendly crap. This show tries way to hard to be cool and hip and in the This has to be one of the worst shows that I have ever seen. All the "edgy" points that this show was trying to make with its comentary on how the music industry need to change and be about better music rings so false when their main musical showcase this week, "Wayne", who is susposed to amazing, is dreadfull radio friendly crap. This show tries way to hard to be cool and hip and in the process just ends up coming off out of touch. Any one who puts any effort into finding good music to listen to, will be truely effended by what this show has to offer. Expand
  17. TomM
    Jan 20, 2006
    Although the show tries hard to be a realistic treatise on the banality of modern popular music, it fails in the most important element. The highly sought after "Wayne" embodies all that is wrong with modern popular music, namely a clone of John Mayer with sappy pretentious lyrics. They need to use the brilliant Eric Bogosian much more.
  18. StaceyD
    Jan 30, 2006
    I like this new series ... it's different than anything on network television.It is a breathe of fresh comedic air, with a touch of drama. The characters are real and believable, characters that audiences can really relate too.
  19. SofianaP
    Feb 10, 2006
    I cannot express in mere words how much I love this show. There is so much garbage on televison that it is refreshing to see a well thought out series. I used to be in the music industry (80's)a very long time ago but find so much of what is going on with the show right on the money! This is my favorite escape and gives me hope for the future of televison. Here's to continues success!
  20. RobertaE
    Feb 26, 2006
    Please don't cancel this show. We had problems even finding it, so perhaps more promotion by the network would help. I can't believe it is being cancelled, as it is getting good reviews!
  21. carola
    Feb 7, 2006
    Great music and show -- it's refreshing to see a show about the production of music, and about the talent that is often over-looked by the big labels. Tom Cavanagh is supurb!
  22. George
    Mar 1, 2006
    Tuesday night was the only night I actually yearned to watch television, due to the fact that "Love Monkey" was on. But, now! Seems like my second day of the week will just mesh with the rest. I MISS YOU LOVE MONKEY!!!!!
  23. AndreaP
    Mar 14, 2006
    Here's hoping another network will pick this up!! Great show that I was truly searching the tv guide to find again. Great music -- would have easily sold a soundtrack album after the first season!
  24. NancyO
    Mar 15, 2006
    This is a smart, funny, interesting show. Why is it not being given a chance? Please let it find an audience!! Not everybody likes moron-tv.
  25. Bender
    Mar 2, 2006
    I can not believe such a great show is being pulled. This was the next big one...the one everyone talks about around the water cooler. In fact, that was the case where i work. Please bring this show back!
  26. OliviaL
    Mar 5, 2006
    I absolutely loved this show. The best show since Tom Cavanagh's last show, Ed. PLEASE bring it back!
  27. TondaW
    Mar 6, 2006
    Tuesday night television is boring now that you have taken Love Monkey off the air. I love this show...please bring it back!
  28. jeffw
    Mar 6, 2006
    idiots, don't know a good show when they see one
  29. Melissa
    Jan 17, 2007
    This is a very well-written show with lots of great cameos -- too bad it was canceled.
  30. SimoneS
    Jan 17, 2006
    CBS had better pull their heads out of their orifaces. This show was lame beyond lame. It was unrealistic, there was no music except for the John Mayer clone...OMG..did he not look like him too.? Too Vanilla...too safe. They get one more chance before I go back to HBO reruns of Sopranos. C'man CBS, you have the potential to have a great show here. Fire every writer you have on staff CBS had better pull their heads out of their orifaces. This show was lame beyond lame. It was unrealistic, there was no music except for the John Mayer clone...OMG..did he not look like him too.? Too Vanilla...too safe. They get one more chance before I go back to HBO reruns of Sopranos. C'man CBS, you have the potential to have a great show here. Fire every writer you have on staff and start over. Expand
  31. D.J.
    Jan 17, 2006
    The show has some promise, but lacks the quirky-ness of "Ed." I do think that with some tinkering, the show can sustain a decent run. In fact, the characters at the new record label might be a better fit for the personality of Cavanaugh as opposed to the 4 friends he already has. Just a thought.
  32. Dan
    Jan 18, 2006
    Show has got a chance to be real good.
  33. Doug
    Jan 18, 2006
    Since when do record execs have to be edgy? Tom Cavanaugh's character is certainly not the mainstream version of "cool," but he's about as accurate as you can get for a dude who works in music; At least on a major network sitcom. Some of the characters need to be kicked to the curb, obviously. That will be figured out in time. Hopefully the show wont be too much of a promotional Since when do record execs have to be edgy? Tom Cavanaugh's character is certainly not the mainstream version of "cool," but he's about as accurate as you can get for a dude who works in music; At least on a major network sitcom. Some of the characters need to be kicked to the curb, obviously. That will be figured out in time. Hopefully the show wont be too much of a promotional vehicle, though. Expand
  34. ShawnF
    Jan 18, 2006
    Unique perspective... This show takes an honest look at a man's struggle to find love and happiness without turning the show into a weepy whiny production. It has a great edge and lots of unique humor.
  35. MarcD.
    Jan 19, 2006
    Even without Carol Vescey, the show is solid. But I have to call out Eric R below for defending Hanson. Your points may be legitimate, but take a step back and realize what you're doing: you're defending Hanson. 'Nuff said.
  36. EmilyS
    Jan 23, 2006
    The fact that Tom Cavanaugh's character seemed so ignorant about music detracted greatly from the show in my opinion. The LA Times said it best: "He also disses Hanson, which no halfway hip music person would ever do."
  37. JamesS.
    Jan 25, 2006
    The fact that Nic Harcourt is a music director for the show is proof positive that this show is just not meant for network television. I think the show means well, but it's destined for more of a niche market, which CBS and Sony simply cannot provide the proper atmosphere for the show. Cavanaugh's noble ideals are certainly threatened by the hypocrisy and business behind the The fact that Nic Harcourt is a music director for the show is proof positive that this show is just not meant for network television. I think the show means well, but it's destined for more of a niche market, which CBS and Sony simply cannot provide the proper atmosphere for the show. Cavanaugh's noble ideals are certainly threatened by the hypocrisy and business behind the scenes of the show. GREAT attempt. Just wont make it. Take it to a network that can do this show right. Expand
  38. BertieV
    Jan 25, 2006
    Heaven help us if this alternate reality ever collides with the alternate reality of Gilmore Girls. What this show fails to appreciate is that the Waynes of today are the Hansons (and Starships) of tomorrow. Catchy pop hooks are not a sin. Derivative garbage is. It's the difference between a guilty pleasure and just plain guilt. I wish I could think this show would become a guilty Heaven help us if this alternate reality ever collides with the alternate reality of Gilmore Girls. What this show fails to appreciate is that the Waynes of today are the Hansons (and Starships) of tomorrow. Catchy pop hooks are not a sin. Derivative garbage is. It's the difference between a guilty pleasure and just plain guilt. I wish I could think this show would become a guilty pleasure for me, but I just love music too damn much. Expand
  39. jesusjones
    Jan 25, 2006
    "love monkey" is a horrible show. its about as exciting and predictable as nic harcourts show on npr, morning becomes eclectic(narcoleptic).
  40. MattR
    Jan 29, 2006
    It was OK, but I was hoping for High Fidelity, but I guess I was hoping too much. I never had a problem with Hanson. They were real musicians, which, apparently no one told the writers of this show.
  41. KentG
    Feb 10, 2006
    Great new show. Not only does has the cast come together from the start, the fun witty writting keeps you interested. And the music is absolutely great.
  42. colep
    Feb 2, 2006
    My entire office loves it!
  43. CatherineM
    Feb 28, 2006
    This is the only regular show we have looked forward to watching. Oh well, now we can unplug and get on with our lives 100% of the time.
  44. KaraD
    Feb 7, 2006
    Disappointed when Ed ended (NBC), I enjoy seeing Tom Cavanaugh in a funny, quirky role. I plan my Tuesday nights around it.
  45. jamesr
    Feb 8, 2006
    This show is funny, smart, and different. I hope it catches on!
  46. MariaM
    Feb 9, 2006
    My husband just informed me that the network is already pulling the plug on this great show. My husband watched the first episode and begged me to watch the second episode....what I don't need is another TV show to watch. However, i felll in love with the quirkiness of the show and the musical talent. What is wrong with the American audience that they will watch monotonous, canned My husband just informed me that the network is already pulling the plug on this great show. My husband watched the first episode and begged me to watch the second episode....what I don't need is another TV show to watch. However, i felll in love with the quirkiness of the show and the musical talent. What is wrong with the American audience that they will watch monotonous, canned laughter garbage but snub their noses at anything that shows an ounce of creativity?? I give up!! Please put on another network and give it another try...Please!! Expand
  47. KimberlyR
    Feb 9, 2006
    This is so new a concept. I love the music - Wayne is so fantastic. But of course Tom Cavanagh is the reason for the show. He is just so Believable.
  48. jimmy
    Mar 13, 2006
    Funny and somehow meaningful, let's hope that it isn't abaondoned to make room for another CSI!
  49. AlexA
    Mar 13, 2006
    I absolutely love it. L'm disappointed every week when I check to see if it's going to be back on...and still nothing. Bring it back please.
  50. ChrisD
    Mar 14, 2006
    I love the dynamics on this show, and i wish I could buy a Wayne album!!
  51. DonR
    Mar 3, 2006
    I loved this show. If given a chance, I'm sure it would be a breakout hit.
  52. April
    Mar 5, 2006
    It's funny and cute. It's not too weird that it's unrealistic like some comedy shows are becoming. I Love it!
  53. SarahJ
    Apr 11, 2006
    That is 30 minutes (seemed like 4 hrs) that I will never get back. It is unrealistic and cliche..he finds a emo ryan cabrera type that "moves him" this show is so boring watching grass grow seems like an adrenaline rush.
  54. NA
    Apr 23, 2006
    wow this show sucks so bad, i cant even stand the comercials. every thing about it is cliche and lame. the jokes are just sad, and the whole thing is so predictable and just a waste of time
  55. EricR
    Jan 19, 2006
    While the show has potential, the writing was sloppy. Anyone who knows as much about music as Tom is supposed to would know: 1. Not to put records on those crappy metal shelves in his apartment 2. That Hanson did not lip-synch, nor were they a 'boy band' in the sense that he was arguing: Hanson wrote, produced, and played their own songs. Comparing them to Ashlee Simpson was While the show has potential, the writing was sloppy. Anyone who knows as much about music as Tom is supposed to would know: 1. Not to put records on those crappy metal shelves in his apartment 2. That Hanson did not lip-synch, nor were they a 'boy band' in the sense that he was arguing: Hanson wrote, produced, and played their own songs. Comparing them to Ashlee Simpson was ignorant. 3. The Bob Dylan compilation that kept getting passed around does not have anywhere near "every song he's ever written." If the show is being marketed to music fans, get the facts right. It's trying to be a cross between "High Fidelity" and "Jerry Maguire" and it needs work. Expand
  56. KV
    Jan 25, 2006
    Teddy Geiger is in it! It's great!
  57. TomB
    Jan 25, 2006
    First: the show is boring, and stupid. Second: the last time I was at CBGBs, the Hanson kids were hanging out with Debbie Harry (of Blondie) sitting at her table and enjoying each others' company. So believe me when I say they're hardly uncool. And Mmm-Bop was a pretty good tune, ubiquity notwithstanding.
  58. MarkO
    Feb 11, 2006
    Great Show, love the concept.
  59. AndrewA
    Feb 15, 2006
    Imaginative, creative, fun, "feel-good" watching it. Please keep it going!
  60. AmandaW
    Feb 21, 2006
    It totally sucks that they have pulled this tv show. I hate to watch tv but Love Monkey I was accually looked forward to watching durning the week. It was awesome! And the charactors where really talented. Not just a bunch of phonies. *sighs* I think they should make Love Monkey into a box set so that those who do love Love Monkey can continue to watch it.
  61. BK
    Feb 23, 2006
    Great show, another example of incompetent programming at CBS for pulling the plug!
  62. DonM
    Feb 28, 2006
    This show was different (and interesting) from all the junk on TV. Give it some time to establish itself in the marketplace.

1. The premise of an attractive group of friends living and loving in the Big Apple is not exactly a novel idea, but there's always room for a series that resonates with a distinctive new take, a unique perspective or memorable characters. Unfortunately, this isn't it.
    I was initially concerned that this was going to become a male Grey’s Anatomy... but Love Monkey creator Michael Rauch... keeps facile wisdom to a bare minimum, and a certain urban energy level turned up.
    To say that Love Monkey is derivative and predictable is not quite the same as saying it's bad.