• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 11, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Aug 12, 2013
    Superb acting by Lennie James and Mark Strong and intriguing plot. Visually stunning.The art direction is something special. Will be interesting to see the season unfold.
  2. Sep 8, 2013
    This show is awesome. Great writing and solid acting. Its slowly developing and getting better and i am liking the new layers each episode. it may not be to everyones taste but it works like a novel maybe and not a comic book.
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    I am so sick of empty headed people jumping on the bandwagon bashing this show for the simple reason that it followed breaking bad. This is a really great show with an amazing cast. I am a huge fan of Mark Strong and now also of the detective who plays Joe Geddis. THis is a top notch show with tremendous cast, how on earth could this get a 59% review? I had to rate it a 10 just tyo try and rebalance the ratings so this show gets a fair overall score. Great show cant wait to see wahrt happens Expand
  4. Sep 16, 2013
    If you're like me and you've never seen the British version then you'll find this to be an interesting cop drama unlike anything you've ever seen. So far there aren't a lot of characters I find myself rooting for which is refreshing to me. It's incredibly dark and gritty. Give it a shot.
  5. Aug 23, 2013
    Cuando una serie o película tratan o deja a entrever a U.S.A, un poco país tercermundista, como mostrar Una Detroit en decadencia, Los críticos siempre tratan de destruir el proyecto con sus criticas negativas! La serie Low Winter Sun para mi esta muy buena.
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    It's picking up steam and pulling out of the station, I would say that it's doing a good job, remember Breaking Bad's first season, or for that matter Walking Dead's this will get better if it gets a chance too.
  7. Aug 25, 2013
    I just caught this show for because of Mark Strong and I think its a keeper. I wanted to see how he was used, and am really impressed. His character is complex and intense, and I'm sure everything you could ever want to see in a conflicted ,flawed man will be celebrated by this fine actor. The show is wonderfully dark, and the chemistry between him and Lennie James is riveting. If viewers need fast moving scenes, and quick resolutions, this won't be your show...itsa "NOIRLIKE" show for people who want complexity and to be involved in whats going on behind the scenes, with subplots and twists. So here's to its success! Expand
  8. Oct 16, 2013
    Have been very impressed with this show since it came out. Very impressed with Mark Strong and the whole cast. They have done an excellent job with the writing and the interweaving story. There is such a conflict between right and wrong that it has been quite exciting watching each character struggle with their actions. The rotten and collapsed side of Detroit is still amazing and shocking to me, however above it all, people keep going. The whole Detroit backdrop gives the series a unique feel and look which I find quite engaging and overall adds to the success of the show. Expand
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    This is a show is your typical "shades of gray" police drama that would not be worth investing in if it wasn't for the excellent acting by both Lennie James and Mark Strong. With the exception of a truly terrible pilot episode, this series has some well-crafted episodes that remind me more of The Wire than Chris Mundy's earlier show Cold Case. Some critics bemoan the bleak backdrop and that might be a valid criticism if it wasn't for the fact that Detroit actually looks that bleak. Surely there is some some value in the environment being a representation of the internal struggles the characters and the sometimes shaky foundations of our social contract with one another, particularly when that city's institutions have failed them. In any case, this is an excellent show and AMC would behoove themselves to see that it get a second season. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2013
    I really, really liked this series. i don't agree with the negative reviews. its not in the same class as the wire but better than most of the formulaic corny cop shows. worth watching!

1. Reviewed by: Oliver Jones
    Aug 16, 2013
    The gutted-out city is perhaps the show's most compelling character. [26 Aug 2013, p.38]
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Aug 12, 2013
    Not since HBO’s The Wire left the air five years ago has a television series combined urban decay and moral decrepitude in such stark--and yet compulsively watchable--terms.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Aug 12, 2013
    While scenes with a crime crew drag, in part because it's not always clear what's going on with them, anytime the focus shifts to crooked cops Frank Agnew (Mark Strong) and Joe Geddes (Lennie James), Low Winter Sun proves to be a gripping drama with a vibe most reminiscent of "The Wire."