Lucky Louie : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 11, 2006
7.6

1. JohnG
    Jun 18, 2006
    Absolutely nothing redeeming in this smut.
  2. KellieF
    Sep 27, 2006
    This is the worse show on television. Some may argue that statement, but with the wealth of talent that is Louis CK, and to watch it get squandered in this drivel is depressing. I went to this show with mediocre expectations - the single-camera-no-laugh-track comedy is "in style" now because it's good, and it's fantastic when done right. I love the good old raunchy comedy and This is the worse show on television. Some may argue that statement, but with the wealth of talent that is Louis CK, and to watch it get squandered in this drivel is depressing. I went to this show with mediocre expectations - the single-camera-no-laugh-track comedy is "in style" now because it's good, and it's fantastic when done right. I love the good old raunchy comedy and Louis CK's standup is nearly the best out there, but this show sucks all the funny out of any of this situation-comedy. Expand
  3. JeromeB
    Jun 12, 2006
    A total bore. Nothing to see here.
  4. FrankieW
    Jun 14, 2006
    Nothing funny here - an attempt at 60s racial humor, a kid that can barely remember her one repeated line (glancing off camera), and a laugh track that must consist of an audience of 12 year old guys.
  5. KenG
    Jun 14, 2006
    Despite the use of a few choice words in the dialogue, to let us know we are watching HBO, this comes off as a bland, laugh-free 3rd-rate sitcom. Even when it deal with such juicy and taboo subjects like masterbation, it did it in a bland way. Hard to believe this unorginal and uninspired show comes from HBO, but maybe it will get better over time.
  6. JulesL
    Jun 18, 2006
    Trash. The set is unbelievably ugly.
  7. ChrisC
    Jun 20, 2006
    Any other sitcom, except with X rated jokes and terrible acting.
  8. HaukG
    Jun 28, 2006
    Unwatchable. A festival of mediocrity. If this show succeeds, the next step for HBO should be to produce a half-hour still-camera shot of a steaming pile of dog crap, just to see if people will watch it.
  9. BrandonS
    Jul 16, 2006
    The first rule of any comedy: Be funny. This show is not funny. Lucky Louie would only be worth watching if Joel Hodgson and 2 robots were at the bottom of the screen cracking jokes about awful it is.
  10. ToddW
    Jul 6, 2006
    This show is awful! How anyone could compare this to the Honeymooners is beyond me! It's just vile and makes me want to vomit! I'm considering cancelling HBO!
  11. MikeJ.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Dreadful. Utterly dreadful -- acting, story, the whole thing is horrendously bad. Real people talk like that? Cursing as part of a joke or retort can be very funny. But, in this show, it is just sprewed like profane vomit -- serves no purpose and, most importantly, it's not funny.
  12. RayT
    Aug 4, 2006
    Sorry, but this is not funny. I gave it four episodes and just never got into it. The acting is bad and the vulgarity is over the top just to be vulgar not to be funny. I may watch just because it is on before Entourage, which is great
  13. TonyC
    Sep 16, 2006
    Good idea, bad execution. The second worse HBO show, K-Street was their worst. I love Jim Norton, but I hated this show and hated seeing him in such a substandard program. Louie should be mouth raped by a Dominican then have his face smashed in from a cinder block for putting Jimmy Norton in such an awful light. Ramone, please get me a sitcom that doesn't blow.
  14. DudeR
    Jun 12, 2006
    Annoying and unfunny, please let it be for only 1 season so HBO can move on to better shows.
  15. eleanorw
    Jun 18, 2006
    Terrible, no wit or orgininality. There is only so far you can take one "dirty" joke. Studio laughter too loud, although I have no idea what they were laughing at. A poor following for the fabulous "Entourage."
  16. JasonM
    Jul 16, 2006
    Not even deserving of a zero. Undoubtably the worst show ever to be on television. The acting and writing are absolutely atrocious, and continues to be a disrace to a previously great vulgar network
  17. AngeloE
    Aug 23, 2006
    This show doesn't make me laugh at all -- First of all it stereo types poor white people as "White Trash" -- I mean it shows this couple who is dragging their daughter up in the slums with NO morals or direction whatsoever. Louie's "buzz cut" friend deals drugs to kids in the animated opening monologue -- "Yeah thats funny" -- The "poor" thing is totally stupid because they both This show doesn't make me laugh at all -- First of all it stereo types poor white people as "White Trash" -- I mean it shows this couple who is dragging their daughter up in the slums with NO morals or direction whatsoever. Louie's "buzz cut" friend deals drugs to kids in the animated opening monologue -- "Yeah thats funny" -- The "poor" thing is totally stupid because they both work - Kim being a Nurse -- I mean their apartment is disgusting , they don't even own a T.V. -- It also showcases that there are alot of black folks out there with much more SENSE than whites -- Which is the only good point. White people who seem to think that they are superior should watch this show. The black couple have it ALL OVER Louie & Kim- The folks on this page who gave this a 10 are simply juvenile and immature because if for one moment - You would like to be like Louie & Kim than you have SUPER Low expectations of yourself. -- All this show is - Is a parody of Cursing , Filth & Disfunction at its finest. If any of you think that is funny , well then something's wrong with you. Laughing at people who are portrayed to be MUCH LESS fortunate than you is just sad......HBO -- Cancel this GARBAGE already & Put something worthwhile back on Sunday nights.... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Wildly uneven.
  2. It feels as if you've happened across a British sitcom or a rerun of "MADtv."