Lucky Louie : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 11, 2006
7.6

1. edb
    Oct 8, 2006
    I'm 76 years old (wife 66). We can't remember laughing as hard since the 3 stooges and Abbot and Costello. Was hoping to find out that it is going to be renewed only to be disappointed. Next they'll get rid of Maher and Entourage and we can get rid of the HBO extra subscription cost.
  2. MichelleS
    Sep 27, 2006
    It's Not even a show for "grownups" This humor is appealing to many teenagers and young adults. It's a show that I (at 20 years old) Watch with my boyfriend and find amazing! (Please bring it back HBO!!!)
  3. DanR
    Jun 26, 2006
    The show just has that raw dark humor laughing at a guy who life seems to be getting worse everyday. If you follow the series you will see that it show the qorkyness that is human flaws in life.. sort of like a Curb Y en. Its just doesn't seem to hold anything back. I laugh because it doesn't feel real, and it feels like you are watching a play or something.
  4. BobR
    Sep 22, 2006
    Not a show you can sit and watch with your wife and daughter, but if your watching with the boys, you'll be rolling with laughter.
  5. JayS
    Jul 17, 2006
    This show is freaking hilarious!! It
  6. Sweets
    Jul 2, 2006
    After a slow start it has been gaining all 12 cylinders and becoming what HBO intended, a show so different from the typical HBO fare that people are either horrified and appalled or are rolling in their seats Sunday after Sunday, Jim Norton is hitting his stride and the show in general is getting better and better, having the guts to show man junk out of the blue..well all I can say is After a slow start it has been gaining all 12 cylinders and becoming what HBO intended, a show so different from the typical HBO fare that people are either horrified and appalled or are rolling in their seats Sunday after Sunday, Jim Norton is hitting his stride and the show in general is getting better and better, having the guts to show man junk out of the blue..well all I can say is Lucky Louie party rock, donkey sausage, donkey sausage, donkey sausage....Lets hope HBO keeps this is around just to upset the middle America!! Expand
  7. rajeshs
    Oct 7, 2006
    awesome
  8. SteveD
    Jun 11, 2006
    picked up a promo copy and thought it was great. cant wait for more episodes... heard from people who went to the tapings they get even better! everyone should definitely check it out... VERY funny
  9. jamesl
    Jun 11, 2006
    Great Show. Had me laughing out loud (literally, ahhahah, eh). Great to see HBO putting out a show like this.
  10. RamoneB
    Jun 14, 2006
    I thought it was great. Interactions with Walter were very funny, as were Louie's friends (esp. lil' Jimmy). "Difference between a black man and a refrigerator" line had me cracking up, hoo hoo!
  11. BobS
    Jun 15, 2006
    Good news: Hilarious, gritty, pulls no punches, this is what you get premium programming for - to get away from the whitewashed, anemic garbage on network TV. I was unsure whether to stay with it until I saw Jim Norton...then I was hooked. Bad news: the scene where she's bent over and pleading "well, tap it then." What is she, a dog? Also: Looks like it was shot with a bare-bones Good news: Hilarious, gritty, pulls no punches, this is what you get premium programming for - to get away from the whitewashed, anemic garbage on network TV. I was unsure whether to stay with it until I saw Jim Norton...then I was hooked. Bad news: the scene where she's bent over and pleading "well, tap it then." What is she, a dog? Also: Looks like it was shot with a bare-bones budget at a college TV studio. Puts the show in stark contrast to the high production values you see on all other HBO series. Suggestion: Funnel large amounts of money into the show's production budget. Expand
  12. TucioR
    Jun 19, 2006
    Something fresh & different. Great comedy.
  13. pketterman
    Jun 20, 2006
    I love Louis!
  14. BRANDIK
    Jun 20, 2006
    ilove this show it is the funny est show and u can relate to all the shows so far .i pray your show never gets cut off ! or i will be one bitchy fan .
  15. VomitbagMcVomitradio
    Jun 9, 2006
    The show should be called 'Lucky Jimmy' because the breakout star is Jim Norton of the Opie and Anthony Po'gram! His one small scene as weed dealer Rich was the standout performance. I should add that the rest of the cast (who's names I forgot) were excellent also! I look forward to many seasons on HBO!!!!
  16. MyBySigh
    Jun 9, 2006
    Saw a preview copy - hilarious
  17. Maggie
    Jul 20, 2006
    It is so funny and also shows people's real life. I love this show.
  18. djpacinoello
    Jul 7, 2006
    The laffs are real not laff trac and that in itself is a refreshing change from all other garbage, laff trac induced sit coms.
  19. NickL
    Aug 14, 2006
    I imagine the writers of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," the best comedy in TV history until now, watching this with applause and slack-jawed amazement. Perfectly cast, briskly paced, each week an hilarious new theme. Episode #9 featuring Tina's disrespectful teenager did it for me. Bring on the DVD, I need to share this memorable gem with clueless friends.
  20. EvanH
    Sep 27, 2006
    Bring back the best sitcom I've seen in ten years.
  21. JackC
    Sep 29, 2006
    Please bring this show back, I'll cancel my HBO without it!
  22. JS
    Sep 4, 2006
    Lucky Louie is a great sitcom. Its a refreshing look at life in a more run of the mill way. NO big elaborate sets and no plots of crap that would never happen to the average person. I generally do not watch any show on a regular basis but Lucky Louie keeps me wanting to tune in week to week. I hope there will be a season 2! Keep up the good work Lucky Louie cast.
  23. D
    Jan 20, 2007
    yea none of you know what your talking about . Eon you can go blow a fat one... along with anybody else who doesnt like lucky louie...oh yea so can HBO and all the corporate KHOHK suckers that work there....because hbo cancelled it hbo is now the worst tv network that exists so i give LL a 10 and HBO a nice F-you
  24. camham
    Feb 9, 2007
    I can't believe this didn't get a second season. its hilarious. not like the average corperate turned cheesy crap on regular TV
  25. LanceB
    Mar 4, 2007
    Funniest sitcom ever
  26. amyc
    May 13, 2007
    my husband and I watched it for the first time on5/7/07 we thinks its the best went out looking for dvd's
  27. Eon
    Nov 1, 2006
    The acting in this show sucks, so does the writing kinda often. But.. most of the time it's still very funny. And I just can't dislike something that makes me laugh.
  28. StephenG
    Oct 12, 2006
    Great Cast...a keeper!
  29. ChristinaV
    Oct 2, 2006
    This show is hilarious on so many levels. I think the people who are criticizing it are just uptight A-holes who clearly have no sense of humor. I think the actors/actresses are fantastic. If you don't like this show I dont like you. Seriously. Can't believe HBO cancelled it. Well I cancelled my HBO now so there ya go. It was the best sitcom I've ever seen because it's This show is hilarious on so many levels. I think the people who are criticizing it are just uptight A-holes who clearly have no sense of humor. I think the actors/actresses are fantastic. If you don't like this show I dont like you. Seriously. Can't believe HBO cancelled it. Well I cancelled my HBO now so there ya go. It was the best sitcom I've ever seen because it's not stupid and unbelievable; its real life, real misery, and somehow it makes me laugh until I piss myself. Expand
  30. ChadM
    Dec 5, 2006
    The most hilarous sitcom ever! This is what ever sitcom wished it could do but couldnt without cable!
  31. JamesM
    Oct 9, 2006
    This show was on course to be the new married with children...The reason it was cancelled is because of the lack of vision of the HBO Suits. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!
  32. JimK
    Jun 12, 2006
    I think I know all those people
  33. TysonS
    Jun 13, 2006
    I wasn't at all disappointed in the series debut. The sitcom format has been in the toilet for so long, there's no telling if this will fly or not. But it's very refreshing to see something a bit more realistic, especially when it comes to the appearance of the set. They live in a dump. It looks almost depressing...but that's real. They're not living in some I wasn't at all disappointed in the series debut. The sitcom format has been in the toilet for so long, there's no telling if this will fly or not. But it's very refreshing to see something a bit more realistic, especially when it comes to the appearance of the set. They live in a dump. It looks almost depressing...but that's real. They're not living in some snooty Manhattan apartment with his crappy salary, like most sitcoms would have placed them in. Louis CK is a funny guy...this thing will do well. I hope this is only one of many episodes I'll see. Expand
  34. JD
    Jun 14, 2006
    This show starts out like a generic sitcom but seems to blossom into funniness. Sort of reminded me of "Everybody Loves Raymond" except for all the funny parts. While the plot seemd a little frail, this show is another indication of the more in-your-face realistic comedy toward which people are gravitating. Louis C. K.'s been appreciated for a while it would be good to see him get This show starts out like a generic sitcom but seems to blossom into funniness. Sort of reminded me of "Everybody Loves Raymond" except for all the funny parts. While the plot seemd a little frail, this show is another indication of the more in-your-face realistic comedy toward which people are gravitating. Louis C. K.'s been appreciated for a while it would be good to see him get some real exposure. Collapse
  35. StinkyMcGee
    funny!
  36. SteveG
    Jun 19, 2006
    This is the best show I've ever seen. I laughed out loud straight through. This is the future of television.
    Jun 19, 2006
    Great funny show. Its a must see.
  38. JesseR
    Jun 22, 2006
    I love this twisted comedy sitcom. Louie is great as a blue collar worker and Jim Norton is a creep as Rich, who could ask for more. Of course there is going to be some negative feedback from those that cant handle the dark humor. Oh and RAMONE GET USA TODAY A ROBE AND SOME BROTH.
  39. RONNIED
    Jun 26, 2006
    Funny! At times...Did you know the lead actress is the same lady that plays Bobby Hill's voice on King of the Hill? The background characters are the funniest ones. Sometimes has that "Three's Company" feel to it...
  40. StacyH
    Jul 10, 2006
    I think that this is one of the better shows to come along. I have not seen Louis CK before, I happened upon the show while scrolling through HBO on demand. After watching the first episode, I called some friends and asked them if they had seen it, the response was Lucky What? So I watched another episode and can't stop watching it and I have gotten my friends to join in. It makes I think that this is one of the better shows to come along. I have not seen Louis CK before, I happened upon the show while scrolling through HBO on demand. After watching the first episode, I called some friends and asked them if they had seen it, the response was Lucky What? So I watched another episode and can't stop watching it and I have gotten my friends to join in. It makes you laugh out loud and each character is unique, funny and stupid in their own way. Expand
  41. tristanv
    Jul 14, 2006
    great show very funny
  42. KenS
    Jul 27, 2006
    This show is an adventure because I beleive they are treading on new ground. I find it very funny at times and a little sophomoric at other times. I am yet to be offended by any of the show's plots or language. Louis C.K. is one of the funniest guys alive and his performance with Pamela Adlon is worth watching...however the other characters may be the weak link. Laura Kightlinger is This show is an adventure because I beleive they are treading on new ground. I find it very funny at times and a little sophomoric at other times. I am yet to be offended by any of the show's plots or language. Louis C.K. is one of the funniest guys alive and his performance with Pamela Adlon is worth watching...however the other characters may be the weak link. Laura Kightlinger is a very funny comedian but her funniness doesn't seem to translate as well to this format. Her husband (can't recall his name) is watchable, but not a strong enough character to contribute as much as he has been asked to in the early going.Jim Norton is the one exception and consistently delivers the goods. I will continue to watch this show because it is different.....thank Louis CK for that and HBO for giving him a shot!! Expand
  43. JimN
    Jul 3, 2006
    I love this show because I am fantageous on it. I deserve an emmy, although technically I am just playing myself. I am a silly goose and Louie is a hoot. And the guy who called it smut can go jump in a lake.
  44. JG
    Jul 6, 2006
    Hands down the funniest damn thing I've seen on television in years. I cannot remember the last time I watched a sticom (or any television) and had that sort of out-of-breath-grabbing-at-the-pillows-on-the-couch laughter. I have no clue what the "real" TV critics are thinking. This show takes every working-class family sit-com cliche and turns it into something that is even more real Hands down the funniest damn thing I've seen on television in years. I cannot remember the last time I watched a sticom (or any television) and had that sort of out-of-breath-grabbing-at-the-pillows-on-the-couch laughter. I have no clue what the "real" TV critics are thinking. This show takes every working-class family sit-com cliche and turns it into something that is even more real by exaggerating it to a ridiculous degree, even the requisite "we still love each other and will get through this together" endings pay off. Not an easy thing to do on a show like this. As for the cast, all are amazing. Pamela Adlon pretty much steals the show, its about time that someone put her on an actual tv show...she is also known as Pamela Segall (guessing its her maiden name?) She's the voice of Bobby Hill on King of the Hill and does voices on animated series that are too much to mention. If you have kids and are subjected to a lot of animated DVDs and Satruday morning shows...close your eyes while watching her and you'll say "Oh yeah, she's the voice of...." Anyway, it seems like Adlon has been waiting for a show like this becuase she is shot of a f--king cannon on this show, her timing, her character, her presence in every scene is remarkable. I have not seen somoene this funny in a long time. Another inspired choice is Rick Shaprio. While living in NYC in the 90s, I used to see Shaprio's completely bizarre standup act where he'd bascially get on stage for hours at a time and just talk, he'd just say whatever came into his head, much like his character on the sho It is great that Louis C.K. found a context/format for Shaprio to do this thing where it adds something to a larger story and still be hilarious. Everyone else is great too, the neighbors, Louie's boss, the pot dealer next door. Louis C.K. is a major talent, the cast is incredible and the writing is phemomenal.. Hopefully, the reviews from the "real critics" won't deter people from watching and they'll just tune in themselves. I don't know anyone who hasnt been completely floored by it. Expand
  45. TanvirR
    Aug 11, 2006
    This show just seems so real. I believe in it, which is something I can't say about any sitcom I've watched in, like, 10 years. It can still be better, which is why I gave it an 8.
  46. JeradH
    Aug 16, 2006
    I love sunday nights again! Lovin it
  47. BillKC
    Aug 25, 2006
    It's really not that great but for some reason it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in years. I don't know why. Everything is mediocre here.
  48. reagand
    Aug 28, 2006
    don't listen to the critics...... the show is hilarious.....start watching now!
  49. teacherThreeTen
    Sep 1, 2006
    this show is addictive .... The jokes are subtle and sometimes edgy ... the visual comedy is hilarious and the interaction between Louie and his neighbors make it look like the New Age Honeymooners .... I say go for it! And the supporting actors make it "real"
  50. StephanieP
    Sep 14, 2006
    Hilarious!
  51. WilliamL
    Sep 19, 2006
    Finally a show for grownups that isn't talking down at you. Just pure laughs, from some very raunchy situations. It is a pleasent change from being talked down to by many comedians who want to tell you how to think or what is right and wrong. More laughs in two minutes than there were in Lewis Black's whole last special.
  52. joeyk
    Sep 26, 2006
    This show will be a classic!
  53. DunbarD
    Sep 27, 2006
    I am a comedy writer and improviser in chicago, and this is one the best show on TV. Great writing, great show. Please help keep it on the air.
  54. JayL
    Sep 27, 2006
    One of the best, most creative shows in a long time!
  55. stevenu
    Sep 27, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and looked forward to watching it every week
  56. RobE
    Sep 28, 2006
    I love the show! Roll off the chair laughing every show. Also, it's so refreshing to have a sit com where the people talk like I do!
  57. freds
    Jun 11, 2006
    I laughed out loud for the first time in years. I love it, but found myself surprised and shocked several times. I love the look and the feel of the show. Louis is hard to like, but everyone else is great.
  58. C.B.
    Jun 12, 2006
    The only thing that makes it odd, is that there are no commercials. I think it's fantastic.
  59. ConnerG
    Jun 12, 2006
    I thought that the show was refreshing, and it was fun to hear the cast in conversations, speaking like people do in real life. A cast of misfits that are as one, a cohesive unit. Congrats to Louie CK & Little Jimmy...Oh...Happy Birthday Jimmy!
  60. KevinH
    Jun 12, 2006
    It didn't blow me away in the first episode, but there were many really funny moments. The opening "Why" scene...the masturbation closet...the comment about his wife's privates being some kinda financial pit of despair (or however it was said)...and the two scenes with the black and white Barbie dolls. It shows such potential that it will probably follow through on, given the It didn't blow me away in the first episode, but there were many really funny moments. The opening "Why" scene...the masturbation closet...the comment about his wife's privates being some kinda financial pit of despair (or however it was said)...and the two scenes with the black and white Barbie dolls. It shows such potential that it will probably follow through on, given the people involved. Expand
  61. CurtisB
    Jun 13, 2006
    I loved the show. I found myself laughing out loud on a number of occasions.
  62. F.Bimmel
    Jun 17, 2006
    I have to say this is one funny show. I mean WOW. I just hope that lil Jimmy Nordin survives his battle with AIDS long enough to keep this series going. He carries this show and thats hard to do for a man whos arms don't move on screen.
  63. PatriceF
    Jun 19, 2006
    Very funny show. I look forward to more episodes to see if they can do it over long haul!
  64. a.scott
    Jun 19, 2006
    Lucky Louie is making up for 50 years of neutered marital banter. "The Honeymooners" alone owe us 200 sessions of make-up sex. Louis C.K cuts through the balony and strips the marriage bare, as well as himself. Literally. The full monty. Tool Time for real. Well-done.
  65. PatrickH
    Jun 19, 2006
    Glad to see a sitcom where people talk normal, hope it stays on the air so it can flesh out and become great.
  66. rajeshs
    Jun 22, 2006
    awesome
  67. CherylN
    Jun 27, 2006
    Awesome show! It's about time something unique came along.
  68. TommyF
    Jun 28, 2006
    This show is off the rocker FUNNY!!! Old school fruits who call themselves critics would NOT understand good comedy if it bit them in the ASS!!! Thank god we can watch something that has LIFE in it for once. I hope it lasts!!!!
  69. BrianS
    Aug 14, 2006
    The first few episodes weren't the best, but it's really become a great show. Love the characters, the writing, and especially the gigantic balls this show has. Keep it up, and give us season 2!!!
  70. BillH
    it is fuckin hilarious
  71. LarryL
    Sep 29, 2006
    Real life adult programing,
  72. MelodyH.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This was one of the best shows on HBO. I think it was a mistake to cancel it.
  73. Jun 23, 2013
    Dirty, dirty, dirty, but absolutely hilarious. Of course Louis C.K. is hilarious, but the whole cast is as well. Pamela Adlon, Jim Norton, etc, everyone was very fun to watch. Shame only 13 episodes happened since this was a definite winner.
  74. Nov 11, 2013
    Fairly unique sitcom, although not as good as Louie's more surreal and Woody Allen-influenced later show. I enjoyed the stripped-down look and that it didn't focus on a rich family, and that the problems were often not solved in a standard sitcom way; sometimes the episodes just end. Pretty fun and easy to binge through. Shame it got cancelled early, but then we got an even better show out of it.
  75. Feb 17, 2013
    This show takes and idea and develops it over the course of the episode, rewarding the viewer for paying attention. What it doesn't do is spoon-feed gags made by human cartoon characters to an audience with a thirty second attention span. 'Friends' it is not. The crumby set design and live studio audience are intentionally retro alternative to modern sitcom styles. Some don't like it, IThis show takes and idea and develops it over the course of the episode, rewarding the viewer for paying attention. What it doesn't do is spoon-feed gags made by human cartoon characters to an audience with a thirty second attention span. 'Friends' it is not. The crumby set design and live studio audience are intentionally retro alternative to modern sitcom styles. Some don't like it, I love it. Moreover this is a comedy for people who appreciate a well written sitcom. Reviewers who complain about the writing in 'Lucky Louie' must have been watching some other show. Expand
  76. Jul 21, 2014
    Maybe I'm biased since i love Louis CK's stand-up comedy but I think this series is profundly funny and real with great acting and writing. I'm not a fan of the studio audience though.
    One of my all-time favorite comedy series.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Wildly uneven.
  2. It feels as if you've happened across a British sitcom or a rerun of "MADtv."