• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 11, 2006
  • Season #: 1
7.6

1. Jun 23, 2013
    Dirty, dirty, dirty, but absolutely hilarious. Of course Louis C.K. is hilarious, but the whole cast is as well. Pamela Adlon, Jim Norton, etc, everyone was very fun to watch. Shame only 13 episodes happened since this was a definite winner.
  2. Nov 11, 2013
    Fairly unique sitcom, although not as good as Louie's more surreal and Woody Allen-influenced later show. I enjoyed the stripped-down look and that it didn't focus on a rich family, and that the problems were often not solved in a standard sitcom way; sometimes the episodes just end. Pretty fun and easy to binge through. Shame it got cancelled early, but then we got an even better show out of it.
  3. Feb 17, 2013
    This show takes and idea and develops it over the course of the episode, rewarding the viewer for paying attention. What it doesn't do is spoon-feed gags made by human cartoon characters to an audience with a thirty second attention span. 'Friends' it is not. The crumby set design and live studio audience are intentionally retro alternative to modern sitcom styles. Some don't like it, IThis show takes and idea and develops it over the course of the episode, rewarding the viewer for paying attention. What it doesn't do is spoon-feed gags made by human cartoon characters to an audience with a thirty second attention span. 'Friends' it is not. The crumby set design and live studio audience are intentionally retro alternative to modern sitcom styles. Some don't like it, I love it. Moreover this is a comedy for people who appreciate a well written sitcom. Reviewers who complain about the writing in 'Lucky Louie' must have been watching some other show. Expand
  4. Jul 21, 2014
    Maybe I'm biased since i love Louis CK's stand-up comedy but I think this series is profundly funny and real with great acting and writing. I'm not a fan of the studio audience though.
    One of my all-time favorite comedy series.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Wildly uneven.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Uneven.
  3. It feels as if you've happened across a British sitcom or a rerun of "MADtv."