8.2

1. Jul 24, 2013
    Just finished the series and all I'm left with is pure joy. The finale from this season was one of the most uplifting and clever episodes i saw in the history of TV. I'm not spoiling here but there will be the one and other surprise for the audience. The progression of this series is a huge one and fans from the first two series will not be disappointed! Go see this!
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    Jaw dropping. The best series of the best show ever made. My only problem is that there isn't going to be another series. With a bit of luck, they'll listen to the fans and carry on making this excellent show.
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    Not as strong as the first two seasons, with the first two episodes deviating from what made the first two seasons of Luther great by having a heavy focus on horror, which I found ineffective and at times, cheesy. However, the final two episodes, although still feeling different from the first two seasons, are still great in their own right and save this season.
  4. Oct 19, 2013
    Does the music and look of a show and its first season or so story and characters make up for a really weak, lazily written third season? I say no. I know Neil Cross is busy but this is lazy writing. When in doubt, kill someone. Make everything about Luther (a vigilante decides he's a serial killer who is really killing everyone Luther loves, that's the ticket) then, how farfetched can it get, have Luther arrested for having arranged for people to be in a position to be killed by someone he is chasing. Bizarre. Expand
  5. Sep 3, 2013
    Simply put, these are four of the best hours of dramatic television that I have ever watched. Idris Elba continues to gow as an actor, and I see a great future for him on the big screen. Don't miss the final four episodes of Luther.

1. Reviewed by: Lesley Smith
    Sep 4, 2013
    When so much of the series depends on psychological nuance, the lurch into Hollywood action thriller confrontations is an outright admission of defeat. Sensationalism trumps subtlety once more. Both Luther and Idris Elba deserve so much more.
    Thanks partly to the writing, but mostly to Elba's performance, Luther rarely comes off as one of those swaggering CBS crime-show smarty-pantses, dumping wisdom on subordinates--and that's good, because even at its sharpest, Luther feels a bit too CBS for my taste.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Sep 3, 2013
    All charisma and command, [Idris Elb] blasts through the screen in every shot while his performance is a constant reminder that the craft, at its best, is a gossamer of countless little details that add up to something magical.