Luther : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
7.0

1. Feb 13, 2011
    Unrealistic, almost silly in it's "Silence of the Lambs" concept, ludicrous in the detection part of the game (she didn't yawn after I did - she must a psychopathic murderer!), but mostly well acted and strangely watchable for yet another police procedural. However, for my money, the new Sherlock is a much better way to spend an hour in front of the telly chasing arch-villains throughUnrealistic, almost silly in it's "Silence of the Lambs" concept, ludicrous in the detection part of the game (she didn't yawn after I did - she must a psychopathic murderer!), but mostly well acted and strangely watchable for yet another police procedural. However, for my money, the new Sherlock is a much better way to spend an hour in front of the telly chasing arch-villains through contemporary London. Collapse
  2. May 2, 2015
    I disappointed,I expect to see a great psychological detective tv show with good suspense and strong storyline,but all I gets just another "not bad" serial,which I'll be watching to just chill out.Thanks to charismatic Idris Elba,his acting really saves "Luther" from fiasco.

1. Reviewed by: Ginia Bellafante
    Oct 22, 2010
    Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson), whose braininess extends to an expertise in physics and an acute ability to help Luther unravel the most advanced criminal minds. The two circle each other dangerously, their chemistry both bizarre and addicting.
  2. The series offers strong, striking cop stories to accompany the intense thrills of the Luther-Alice cat-and-mouse game. But it is that back-and-forth and the sexual tension that develops between the pair that makes Luther stand apart.
    This bold British import is among the best TV I've seen in a mediocre (on network TV, anyway) fall season. Fast-paced, constantly surprising and darkly entertaining, Luther is about as far as you can get from a cookie-cutter procedural.