• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 14, 2011
  • Season #: 1
6.5

1. Feb 15, 2011
    If you can get through the first ten minutes, and I grant you it'll challenge your patience, the show suddenly blossoms into something entirely funny. I'll watch it again.
  2. Apr 18, 2011
    I like the idea of this show but there's a failure to launch. After watching the first couple episodes, I no longer cared about which couple was going to stick or why any of these people were friends with each other in the first place, so I lost interest and moved on. Yes, it is trying to be like HIMYM, but that show is clever, witty and layed with humor - especially building over time. This show was the opposite. Expand
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    The almost all-star comedian cast and the undeniable resemblance to How I Met Your Mother (TV's once best comedy) make this show almost great. Certainly worth the wait. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes. But if it becomes a gimmicky romantic crap, I will quit watching.
  4. Aug 2, 2011
    This show was actually GREAT and it's got great reviews from others, but somehow it got cancelled. These networks need to work on what time slots they put shows in. I also wish that ALL networks, not just some, but ALL networks would do online streaming and COUNT those views as ratings. ANYWAY. I love Sarah Chalke and the chunky guy and the red head. They were all perfect. Even the rich dumb blonde was great. Yes, I know, I'm spacing on the names. Sorry. But this was funny and it got a laugh out of me. Expand
  5. Jul 19, 2012
    Watched a couple of episodes and it was torture, a complete How I met Your Mother rip-off. The acting is so poor and the actors are so awkward and lame that they aren't even remotely funny. When they talk they change subject and mood in seconds and they strive to make the viewers laugh at their pathetic jokes.
  6. Jan 9, 2013
    This most usual sitcom, no creative, no fresh ideas, no differences from other tv comedies , am possible to look, but on tv have thousand comedies better than sitcom.

1. Reviewed by: Phillip Maciak
    Mar 8, 2011
    Seeking to replicate the success of sweet-n'-sour sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother, Will and Grace, and the BBC's Gavin and Stacey, Mad Love never seems invested in its main characters, and so we, as viewers, are absolved of any investment as well.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Mar 4, 2011
    What this comedy has is the charm of its brash comic energy. That it's an energy located mostly in a single character, and not the main one either--officially, anyway-makes little difference.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto