Mad Men : Season 3

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5
8.8

1. BrianM
    Aug 19, 2009
    I just don't get the appeal of this glacier paced series. Sometmes, when nothing is happening on screen, it doesn't mean that it's deep and thought provoking. It just means that there's nothing happening.
  2. EdS.
    Aug 17, 2009
    After my first look at "Mad Men" on Sunday August 16, after all the build-up,all I can say is: what a disappointment! Why would I invite these uniformly loathsome, brain-dead people into my home for an hour every week? Is there any character who is even remotely sympathetic? A bleak, cynical, creepy, and utterly fanciful look at what was a truly fascinating episode of American business history.
  3. Oct 8, 2010
    Mad Men is poorly written, it spews continually lackluster dialogue, and it struggles with one boring plot line after another. The show boasts quite the cast, but this only underscores how poorly the writers have done in utilizing the talent at their disposal. When it first came out I was intrigued, and subsequently watched several episodes, but it didn't take long to come to theMad Men is poorly written, it spews continually lackluster dialogue, and it struggles with one boring plot line after another. The show boasts quite the cast, but this only underscores how poorly the writers have done in utilizing the talent at their disposal. When it first came out I was intrigued, and subsequently watched several episodes, but it didn't take long to come to the realization that there is simply no "there" there. Short of the somewhat unique premise of the series, there is absolutely nothing about this show that warrants the attention it is getting. Are people really so shallow that they fall for this sophomoric, gimmicky drivel? When I heard that it was actually winning awards I couldn't even believe by ears. Mad Men is every bit as trite and pathetic as our modern movies and music. Style over substance, nothing more. Expand

Mad Men remains TV at its most artful. Like Don Draper, it's beautiful, stealthy, troubling, and, above all, addictive.
    The only reason I'm not giving the third season opener four stars is because the show is competing with two earlier, exquisite seasons. Sunday's episode feels like something is missing -- a hook, something to make it physically painful to wait for new episodes.
  3. Our greatest pleasure lies in anticipation of what is to come this season.