• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 19, 2007
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.9

1. Aug 12, 2010
    One of, if not the best show on television. Season after season Mad Men proves that all the hype is for a reason. Enjoy all of this while it lasts, shows of this quality don't come around often.
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    Yes Mad Men is more a niche show, and you will either love it or hate it. However Im glad to see so many other people in the same boat as me and that is loving the show. Its characters, link to historical events and tmeless portayal of how so much has changed in the world, and yet how many things just remain locked in place bring about a show that not only holds your interest but makes youYes Mad Men is more a niche show, and you will either love it or hate it. However Im glad to see so many other people in the same boat as me and that is loving the show. Its characters, link to historical events and tmeless portayal of how so much has changed in the world, and yet how many things just remain locked in place bring about a show that not only holds your interest but makes you look at yourself and the world around you in a different light. Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic! There is a reason I believe that Edgar Wright is THE best film director we have today, and SPvTW adds to it. Wright fully captured the essence of the gamer/gen-Y crowd and the modern teen comedy. Creativity oozes out of it. It's a movie that isn't afraid to not take itself seriously. I can de
  4. Aug 24, 2010
    The season premiere can hook anyone that watches it, and Draper is more fantastic then before. Accurately depicting the decade, this show can do no wrong.
  5. Aug 24, 2010
    This is by far the most enjoyable series on television and by far my favorite. The characters are indeed special. At first you would think it is just another series but you need to compltely loose yourself in it to appreciate this true masterpiece.
  6. Sep 12, 2010
    There seem to be quite a few reviews here that are in the wrong spot, by the way - there's one for Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example! This seems to happen quite a bit on this website..
  7. Sep 19, 2010
    Mad Men never fails to level up each season. I thought they will never par with the greatness that is Season 3. 8 episodes down and I can't even pinpoint a series low.
  8. Apr 12, 2011
    I cant remember the last time I was so torn between three shows that all exist on the same network for title of "My Favorite Show". Between Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead it appears AMC may have cornered the market on interesting new engaging drama. Mad Men is not as kinetic as the others but the execution is flawless.
  9. Sep 22, 2010
    Best show on TV. I don't miss an episode and look forward to each Sunday for the next installment. The tearing down and building back up of the characters this season is amazing. Really gives a connection to everything that they are going through
  10. Sep 23, 2010
    The first three seasons were fantastic and this is the best season yet. So entertaining and great story lines! Great show! Love watching it and my husband loves it too.
  11. Sep 24, 2010
    Immaculate. The vast and complex character dynamics and interactions, characters with lifelike depth, superb acting, and writing that will twist your heart up and down and back around again. With Draper trying to turn a new leaf against a life of inner-turmoil, Season 4 just might be my favorite Mad Men Season yet.
  12. Sep 30, 2011
    I am nothing short of impressed here. I don't know or care to know how they managed to increase it's sheer performance, but they did. Miraculously and dogmatically. No second thoughts; no **** around. Watch it
  13. Sep 28, 2010
    Astonishing. Mad Men excels on every level. It achieves what hitherto I've only experienced in opera... questioning my very existence and shaking me to my very core.
  14. Oct 8, 2010
    Mad Men is poorly written, it spews continually lackluster dialogue, and it struggles with one boring plot line after another. The show boasts quite the cast, but this only underscores how poorly the writers have done in utilizing the talent at their disposal. When it first came out I was intrigued, and subsequently watched several episodes, but it didn't take long to come to theMad Men is poorly written, it spews continually lackluster dialogue, and it struggles with one boring plot line after another. The show boasts quite the cast, but this only underscores how poorly the writers have done in utilizing the talent at their disposal. When it first came out I was intrigued, and subsequently watched several episodes, but it didn't take long to come to the realization that there is simply no "there" there. Short of the somewhat unique premise of the series, there is absolutely nothing about this show that warrants the attention it is getting. Are people really so shallow that they fall for this sophomoric, gimmicky drivel? When I heard that it was actually winning awards I couldn't even believe by ears. Mad Men is every bit as trite and pathetic as our modern movies and music. Style over substance, nothing more. Expand
  15. Oct 8, 2010
    Whoever is responsible for writing in the divorce and getting rid of all that boring family drama should get a raise. Get the kids and the wife outta the picture and let Don do his thing. Last season sucked and this one is a complete 180. Bravo!
  16. Oct 20, 2010
    Now that the season has come to its surprising conclusion, the reviews can really be written. Season 4 is the best of the show yet. The writing, direction, acting, and look of the show are all top-notch. This is where "Mad Men" goes from a really good, interesting period character study to the best show on television. Period.
  17. Oct 27, 2010
    Mad Men is still impressive. Season 4 stands out for showing accurately how the different character deal with their personal setbacks. What a great show.
  18. Nov 10, 2010
    Just when I thought Season 3 could not be topped, Michael Weiner does it to me again. Although I prefer Season 3's finale to the finale of 4, I think Season 4 as a whole has had the best writing and acting in the series to date. Cannot get enough of the show.
  19. Nov 19, 2010
    Hands down the best show on TV right now. Great story lines. Great acting. Great art direction. This is the one show I would take with me on a deserted island. One great season after another!
  20. Nov 24, 2010
    multilayered, complex, intelligent, entertaining, creative. leaves you thinking. the best show on tv. ever. my only complaint is that it has a short season.
  21. Jan 6, 2011
    Lets face it after the season 3 finale in which i had chills of excitement throughout, this finale was meh. But apart from that Mad Men is just as great and continues to be one of the top shows on tv. Really this was great season and unlike most tv shows Mad Med hasn't had a dud season so far.
  22. Jan 8, 2011
    After the Season 3 Finale, I didn't think it could be possible for Mad Men to continue delivering great quality. I was wrong. Episodes 3 and 5 were among the greatest. But above all is The Suitcase, the best episode of the season, and probably the best of the entire series. It was another great year for Weiner's show.
  23. Jan 16, 2011
    This season really just does not work for me & the actors & writers need to show more expression like the first & second season that deserved there Emmy nominations
  24. Mar 2, 2011
    The show is beautiful. The cloths are out of this world and the acting is spot on. But god, this is a boring series! I feel obliged to watch and like it. But really I keep falling sleep.
  25. Apr 2, 2013
    Mad Men is one of those rare shows that just continues to get better with every new season. Season four focuses heavily on Don Draper (Hamm) as, having seen his marriage collapse, we begin to truly see the man behind the mask for the first time. The writers do a brilliant job of showing us a dark time in Don’s life was also reminding us what a smart and talented man he can be when he setsMad Men is one of those rare shows that just continues to get better with every new season. Season four focuses heavily on Don Draper (Hamm) as, having seen his marriage collapse, we begin to truly see the man behind the mask for the first time. The writers do a brilliant job of showing us a dark time in Don’s life was also reminding us what a smart and talented man he can be when he sets his mind to it. John Hamm is quite frankly superb throughout and it is to the credit of the supporting cast that they are not completely overshadowed by his performance.

In an age full of reality nonsense and programmes dumbed down to ‘appeal to everyone’ it is a delight to watch a show with such intelligence that rewards it viewers with drama of the highest order.
  26. Mar 14, 2012
    Easily the most intelligent and addicting show on television. I had my doubts when this show first started and i kept seeing it win all of the awards year after year and i got tired of it, so this past year i figured, lets try it out. I did and i've been absolutely hooked since, and i cannot wait for season five on the 25th. This show deserves any kind of praise it gets. I've never seen aEasily the most intelligent and addicting show on television. I had my doubts when this show first started and i kept seeing it win all of the awards year after year and i got tired of it, so this past year i figured, lets try it out. I did and i've been absolutely hooked since, and i cannot wait for season five on the 25th. This show deserves any kind of praise it gets. I've never seen a show so realistic and intelligent and beautiful ever in my life...until Mad Men. Best show EVER! Expand
  27. Jun 22, 2011
    A distant memory is the natural habitat of excess that was Sterling Cooper in Mad Men's first three seasons, replaced by a more modern 60's setting at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. And just when you think you're starting to work out leading man, and the firms creative director Donald Francis Draper, he makes a couple of decisions so out of leftfield that once again it replenishes theA distant memory is the natural habitat of excess that was Sterling Cooper in Mad Men's first three seasons, replaced by a more modern 60's setting at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. And just when you think you're starting to work out leading man, and the firms creative director Donald Francis Draper, he makes a couple of decisions so out of leftfield that once again it replenishes the viewer's almost addictive fascination with Madison Avenues most sought after ad man. Season 4 of Mad Men continues to raise its own exceptionally high dramatic bar even further with what this reviewer believes to be the most enthralling season so far (outside of the shows opening few episodes in season 1). A changing landscape, strained relationships, personal tragedy, and rebirth are all themes that are explored and portrayed with such delicate subtlety, resulting in truly life changing consequences, that what Matthew Weiner has created can rightly be regarded as a show that teeters on the brink of perfection. A sheer master class in writing from Weiner and his team doubled up with faultless acting from his cast puts Mad Men at the top of the TV pile Expand
  28. Aug 27, 2011
    Watched the whole series twice, I don't watch TV often but this is a show I set aside time for! Don Draper A.K.A. The MoFo Boss is basicly one of the most complicated yet most simple characters I have ever encountered, weather it be a book, TV, movie of Videogame, you think he'll do one thing, turns right around and does the opposite.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    though the season ended on a sour note for me with don not acting very much like don, i still loved the season and as always it captured the time period and characters very well
  30. Mar 24, 2012
    Mad Men is one of the best tv shows ever. great cast and great written story. its's complex, intelligent, but entertaining too. you have to love it!

The final scene is a moment of pure TV story-telling mastery straight through to the sounding of "Tobacco Road." And you can feel the surge of energy it releases in Draper's psyche--and the series--practically radiating off the screen.
    The writing remains remarkable, as it toggles between the rhythms and cliches of 1950s movies and the timeless resonance of mid-20th-century theater. You rarely find such economical and evocative scripting on TV.
  3. Mad Men is off to one crazy-good start.