• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 28, 2012
  • Season #: 1
4.4

1. Sep 30, 2012
    I"m watching the show for one reason only - Janet Montgomery. She was incredibly funny and effective as an assassin on Human Target - a show I loved. She's an enormous talent, and the show clearly has some refining to do, but I think she can carry it. [Disclosure: the website I work for and this show are both CBS properties.]
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    I expected junk after horrible reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. The first show was kind of cute and easy to watch. This show is as good as any of the new shows out there, and better than some of the old ones. The basic premise is a young female lawyer from a blue collar neighborhood in New Jersey, working for a prestigious New York law firm. In the first show at least, it worked.I expected junk after horrible reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. The first show was kind of cute and easy to watch. This show is as good as any of the new shows out there, and better than some of the old ones. The basic premise is a young female lawyer from a blue collar neighborhood in New Jersey, working for a prestigious New York law firm. In the first show at least, it worked. Don't expect serious drama here, this is lighthearted stuff. Don't write this one off yet. Friday time slot is tough for even best of programs. DVR this and give it a shot. Expand
  3. Sep 30, 2012
    First episode is unpolished... probably presumptuous to start the character straight into the big law firm... and we arent really told this is the first day/week of the job?! Im hope they have the proper pilot out there.

Idea is there, underdog from blue collar/working class family, follows the american dream to be somebody. Hoping that the accent is more of a send up of Jersey people. - cause the other critics are pretty harsh on this one. Also hoping that general audience out there know that the comedy team/writers are just having fun (else everyone is taking the accent too seriously). Janet looks hot!!!! - but the makeup/style is channelling Sandra Bullock... i guess its true - we love familiarity. Hopefully that look is in.

Haven't seen fairly legal or the other shows that is is compared to... but i have seen My Cousin Vinny (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104952/) - definitely worth watching this movie if you were born after the 90s. I do see the resemblance, but this would make it the modern day version of it.

In terms of the show's future success - this one will be on life support very soon. :( idea and story is definitely there, but execution and TIME SLOT, is the deciding factor. As other critics have mentioned - competing against (well its not even a competition) other shows at 9PM - people are going to either watch this on demand rather than tune in....

Might sell well overseas but not the american market
  4. Oct 6, 2012
    First time writing a review on MetaCritic, but I just wanted to warn people from this complete wast of time. This show is just exactly the same lawyers show you've seen again and again other the years. But unlike other shows that tried to re create the genre with unique story lines or superior acting - Made In Jersey has got neither. This is a complete waste of time.
  5. Oct 12, 2012
    First time writing a review and I have to say that I am genuinely sad to see this show gone. This show was unique in that it gave a positive portrayal of people in NJ, something the city desperately needs after the travesty that was Jersey Shore. I would have liked to see where the writers would take it!
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    Honest to god, this is the first time I ever use this site. And I do it because I want to support this show. it saddens me to think that i may not see that ray of sunshine, the positive and energetic Martina, again on "Made in Jersey". Here is a special shoutout to all of you Pheonix Wright fans out there, besides the sexuality, this this as close of a show that I know of that capture theHonest to god, this is the first time I ever use this site. And I do it because I want to support this show. it saddens me to think that i may not see that ray of sunshine, the positive and energetic Martina, again on "Made in Jersey". Here is a special shoutout to all of you Pheonix Wright fans out there, besides the sexuality, this this as close of a show that I know of that capture the same feel, the same vibe as the unique game beloved by millions. Expand
  7. Apr 9, 2013
    This show reminds me a Drop Dead Diva, but this is not Drop Dead Diva because this show is really half dressed, but not bad at all. Cast picked up not so good, because only Riv, Martina and Nollan played good. Scenes with family makes this show better, because sometimes it gets boring, veeeeery boring. But i like this show and maybe if this wil be continued, I will be happy.

1. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Oct 5, 2012
    [A] ridiculous rendition of a plucky, working-class gal (Janet Montgomery) who shows 'em all how it's done at a fancy-pants Manhattan law firm.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Sep 28, 2012
    As schematic and derivative as it is, as invested in piling on the feel-good moments past the point even of suspended disbelief, there is something quite likable about Made in Jersey.
    In the new drama Made in Jersey, Working Girl meets Erin Brockovich, and together they leap into the CBS pit of blandness and drown.