Magic City : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 6, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. Jun 29, 2013
    Boring, turgid, NO pacing and I can't keep the dark haired young boys apart......You would think they are 1 guy playing several parts and I PAY attention. HUGE disappointment since I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The visuals are stunning but this is SO formulaic that I stopped at 6 minutes into the season premiere and won't waste my time again. The writers have thrown everything at theBoring, turgid, NO pacing and I can't keep the dark haired young boys apart......You would think they are 1 guy playing several parts and I PAY attention. HUGE disappointment since I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The visuals are stunning but this is SO formulaic that I stopped at 6 minutes into the season premiere and won't waste my time again. The writers have thrown everything at the wall, The Godfather, Chinatown, LA Confidential, Fidel, JFK and tried to appear relevant. But it's beyond boring and has no life. The visuals are great, the story is been there, done that and not worth my time. Expand

The show is so enervating and undeservedly full of itself, and such an altogether depressing combination of brilliant production values and subpar drama, that I can't muster the necessary bile.
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Apr 6, 2012
    Everything about Magic City shows a lack of depth, and the pacing is almost glacial.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Apr 6, 2012
    The writing telegraphs every trite and derivative twist, whether violent or sexual or some combination of the two to remind us this is pay cable and not some musty rerun.