Malcolm in the Middle : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2000
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.0

1. Jul 4, 2011
    The Best Television show of the noughties! Ever since the reruns of the show got canceled, i havent been watching much TV at all. It's very funny, every character is great and even the plot is very good
  2. May 21, 2012
    Everything about this show is great. I never watched it when it was on but I've gone through all seven seasons recently on netflix and I love it! One of the most entertaining sitcoms I've ever seen.
  3. lox
    Mar 16, 2014
    I'm not a fan of the slapstick sub-genre in comedy, but Malcolm in the Middle is a rare comedy under this sub-genre that I actually, genuinely find funny, even hilarious at times. My only gripe is the last season, which I didn't care for, but every season prior was fun to watch. Malcolm in the Middle is definitely one of my favorite comedy series.
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    One of the best TV series ever! Malcolm in the middle is the best choice you can make if you want to have some fun! Without no doubt i give it a 10/10, because all seasons and episodes are full with positive mod!
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    The greatest Tv sitcom comedy ever made. This show is the best comedy out there its really funny watch it and you will laugh out loud. This show is my favorite show of all time. WATCH IT!!
  6. Dec 22, 2013
    I don't know why, but I have now watched over 20 episodes of this TV-show and just can't laugh about it. I watch HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Two and a half Men freuguently and love them, but maybe Malcolm in the Middle is just too old for me (2000). Mostly the jokes are embarassing, not funny and things like ripping of your skin like a snake is not funny either. Also I asked more than 10I don't know why, but I have now watched over 20 episodes of this TV-show and just can't laugh about it. I watch HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Two and a half Men freuguently and love them, but maybe Malcolm in the Middle is just too old for me (2000). Mostly the jokes are embarassing, not funny and things like ripping of your skin like a snake is not funny either. Also I asked more than 10 friends, whether they like it, 'cause it got such good reviews, but not one of them liked it all in all it is maybe just me but 2/10 is very gently in my Opinion. Expand
  7. Jan 23, 2014
    you gotta love this show. Its smart, clever, funny, and is probably the most accurate depiction of what the nerdy kid felt like back in JR High, and high school. Can't get enough of this, I love it. Plus, Walter White is the dad.
  8. Mar 21, 2016
    In my opinion one of the greatest TV shows to ever grace the air. This show will make you smile, laugh, think and just feel good! If you haven't seen this show, SEE IT.
  9. Jan 1, 2017
    Malcolm in the Middle first season is hilarious. With amazing acting, hilarious writing, and good characters.

Best episode: Funeral 9/10
    Worst Episode: Shame 5/10

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jul 15, 2013
    "Malcolm" is an instantly likable series, as it takes conventional TV-family material and gives it a good old-fashioned goose. [7 Jan 2000]
  2. Boston Herald
    Reviewed by: Monica Collins
    Jul 15, 2013
    A wonderful comedy that twists the family sitcom genre to a screwball turn. [6 Jan 2000]
  3. Chicago Sun-Times
    Reviewed by: Phil Rosenthal
    Jul 15, 2013
    While the tendency might be to overpraise this oddball but smart and keenly observed family comedy about the ordinary life of an extraordinary child simply because it arrives square in the middle of a TV season in which most TV comedies have been simply awful, it is nonetheless one of the better shows to come down the pike. [6 Jan 2000]