• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 2, 2012
  • Season #: 1
6.2

1. Nov 24, 2012
    Depressing and unoriginal. The show is filled with cliches to the brim. The plot is unimaginative and tired, the acting average at best and the actor's habit of laughing at their own jokes no matter how unfunny is sad.
  2. Nov 11, 2012
    I really like that show (I'm from Poland/Europe). The best thing about this show is Sara Rue - she's an amazing, cute, very talented actress! I'm happy that she's back on tv!
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Avery clever gentle comedy with biting humour and social commentary highlighted by Reba and veteran Lily Tomlin and a strong script and a wicked sense of humour. this is a throwback to the tgif friday nights in the 1990s its great family fair for the whole family what a great combination!
  4. Nov 23, 2012
    What a cute show and you can't help but love Reba. Although I love Reba's older show, this one is not bad. Everyone give it a chance. Sara Rue is hillarious and very talented. Lily Tomlin is a pro as always.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    As usual, critic ratings are, and not surprisingly, inversely proportional to watcher ratings. Critics look for the negative, over dramatize it, and purposely scare off viewers who would otherwise most likely enjoy a show. I've learned to judge for myself, and oftentimes...when the critics hate it...I know I'll love it. Mostly b/c I know it means the show is most likely good-natured, not full of naked people having sex, or scheming scoundrels trying to out subterfuge each other - which are the shows the critics just "looooove." Screw the critics I love this show. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2012
    the show is wrong,the story is not catchy enough its a sitcom and yet is really hard to laugh ,the show is not funny i know we all love Reba but...come on lets be honest here it is a bad show
  7. Jan 15, 2013
    This show manages to be worse than Working Class. I like Reba and was actually looking forward to this show but I can't watch it again. Sara Rue does do a good job in it but she cant overcome the fact that the jokes are very old and very stereotypical.
  8. Jan 20, 2013
    It's so great to see Reba back on TV with Malibu Country and with such an amazing cast. This show is both funny, tackles issues and family deals with, and is a family friendly show! I hope to see it around for many years!
  9. Jan 28, 2013
    Reba, Sara and Lily are a great comedy team. This show is cute, funny and witty; a must see! It touches on family issues, 'taboo'subjects, and has the right amount of sarcasm. I love this show!
  10. Feb 9, 2013
    Having watched "Reba" and enjoyed the joy very much. Having seen the work of Lillie Tomlin as most have, i respect the immense talent of both and can say that neither would be part of a project they felt would not work. However, i must admit that for what ever reason, they have chosen to stay "within" the box and we must all remember that their are cases where even great actors can not overcome poor writing and lack of creativity... NEVER EVER thought i would rate any piece of work assocaited with Reba poorly, but also know that the most critical person reviewing her work, is her!... luv ya Reba and know the most important value you have is honesty... good luck you guys and work ont his PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Expand

The dialogue and situations (written by Kevin Abbott) are nothing special.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Nov 2, 2012
    The pilot for Malibu Country isn't the very worst show of the new season. But it's easily the greatest waste of talent.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Nov 2, 2012
    The deal you make with a series like this is, if it doesn't ask too much of you, you won't ask too much of it.