Man Up! : Season 1

• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 18, 2011
6.0

1. Dec 1, 2011
    ABC usually gets shows right but Man Up! is in my opinion a terrible comedy. It has the essence of been there done that and I have a feeling it will be cancelled before Season 1 is over. It's a lame and boring comedy about men that are too childish to be adults. This show is like How to be a Gentleman on CBS. How to be a Gentleman is about a Gentleman that teaches a jock on how to be aABC usually gets shows right but Man Up! is in my opinion a terrible comedy. It has the essence of been there done that and I have a feeling it will be cancelled before Season 1 is over. It's a lame and boring comedy about men that are too childish to be adults. This show is like How to be a Gentleman on CBS. How to be a Gentleman is about a Gentleman that teaches a jock on how to be a gentleman. Almost the same thing, Man Up! is about 3 guys that are too childish too be adults. You see how it pieces out? How to Be a Gentleman got cancelled after 4 episodes and pretty soon Man Up! will be gone.
    I'll give it a 3 because it's not entirely terrible, it's still has some funny parts to it.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 28, 2011
    The only thing that might make them come to their senses would be a violent but salutary shock. Like Cancellation. [7 Nov 2011, p.45]
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 18, 2011
    It's all about their attitudes, and on that front, Man Up! is a downer.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 18, 2011
    At this stage, Man Up! (which was actually created by co-star Chris Moynihan) is a show with forgettable characters, jokes that don't land and a shaky grasp at best on its own premise.