• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 18, 2011
  • Season #: 1
6.0

1. Nov 5, 2011
    Please let this show find an audience. It is funny as hell, quirky, different, and thoroughly entertaining. It has an excellent cast, and the first episodes I've seen show REAL promise.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    Had no expectaion, checked it out on Hulu. Loved it, watched it two times in a row. Very funny. Strongly insist that everyone give it a shot. You will not be disapointed.
  3. Oct 22, 2011
    It has a great cast and a lot of potential. Critics are vastly wrong on this one. It is so funny, and Dan Fogler is by far the funniest guy in this show. I've been a fan of his for years. I really hope this show lasts!!
  4. Oct 20, 2011
    it reached my expectation and my exception was Not funny , pretty boring , Lame Comedy about some grown up but childish man . If they Don't improve (i don't see how they can) it will be canceled within 7-8 or less episodes . But best of luck improving it .
  5. Oct 20, 2011
    I have to say, despite even seeing a bunch of clips online, I still was pleasantly entertained. I think critics need to stop analysing it so 'fluffin' hard and like it for what it is....a comedy about some real-type guys who feel familiar and are fun to watch.

Is it brand new type comedy? No. But I dare you to show me something that is? I have watched Last Man Standing (blah) and Modern Family (good) and I think Man Up! beats them both hands down.

If you don't over-analyse it, you will enjoy it for what it is...SIMPLE FUN COMEDY!

Sometimes it's not about pushing the envelope, or being different and more about just being the guys next door! It's a character show. Like the characters, like the show.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    I think this is the funniest new show on this season. The humor may be simple but it is true to real life. As a man I enjoy seeing a sitcom that is simple, smart, irreverant, and very funny, Anyone I know that has seen it has laughed very hard. ABC would be making a huge mistake if they do not give this show a real chance to make it. Please keep my faith that at least one or two of theI think this is the funniest new show on this season. The humor may be simple but it is true to real life. As a man I enjoy seeing a sitcom that is simple, smart, irreverant, and very funny, Anyone I know that has seen it has laughed very hard. ABC would be making a huge mistake if they do not give this show a real chance to make it. Please keep my faith that at least one or two of the shows that I can stand watching, Modern Family is the other, will stay on the air. Expand
  7. Dec 1, 2011
    ABC usually gets shows right but Man Up! is in my opinion a terrible comedy. It has the essence of been there done that and I have a feeling it will be cancelled before Season 1 is over. It's a lame and boring comedy about men that are too childish to be adults. This show is like How to be a Gentleman on CBS. How to be a Gentleman is about a Gentleman that teaches a jock on how to be aABC usually gets shows right but Man Up! is in my opinion a terrible comedy. It has the essence of been there done that and I have a feeling it will be cancelled before Season 1 is over. It's a lame and boring comedy about men that are too childish to be adults. This show is like How to be a Gentleman on CBS. How to be a Gentleman is about a Gentleman that teaches a jock on how to be a gentleman. Almost the same thing, Man Up! is about 3 guys that are too childish too be adults. You see how it pieces out? How to Be a Gentleman got cancelled after 4 episodes and pretty soon Man Up! will be gone.
    I'll give it a 3 because it's not entirely terrible, it's still has some funny parts to it.
  8. Mar 18, 2012
    And the critics strike again! Giving this way lower score than '2 Broke Girls' or even 'How to Be a Gentleman' is a disgrace. This show is not the best thing ever, but it's pretty good. It was smart, funny and had many detailed characters that were brilliantly acted by a great cast. Shame it got cancelled. It's definitely better than '2 Broke Girls', which is currently rated 66 on Metacritic.
  9. Apr 14, 2014
    I love it! its hilarious ! I just happened to come across it one day and gave it a shot! than my son started watching with me. Now we watch it together. Its so funny! Love the humor and the actors .. Please don't cancel it !!

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 28, 2011
    The only thing that might make them come to their senses would be a violent but salutary shock. Like Cancellation. [7 Nov 2011, p.45]
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 18, 2011
    It's all about their attitudes, and on that front, Man Up! is a downer.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 18, 2011
    At this stage, Man Up! (which was actually created by co-star Chris Moynihan) is a show with forgettable characters, jokes that don't land and a shaky grasp at best on its own premise.