- Summary: Top Chef alum and molecular gastronmost, Marcel Vigneron, runs a catering and event company that requires his masterful use of the science of cooking to provide food for hired events.
- Genre(s): Drama, Reality, Game Show
- Show Type: Between Seasons
- Season 1 premiere date: Mar 22, 2011
- Episode Length: 60
- Air Time: 10:00 PM
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of 4
Mixed: 4 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Quantum Kitchen moves along at a good clip and Marcel creates dishes you won't ordinarily see on food shows. That could be the recipe for a novelty act, but it's hard to resist peeking under the lid.
It's not clear to me that viewers who come to Syfy for actual science fiction will appreciate this series--"Face Off" was more on point and a better show, too--but for fans of reality TV cooking shows, MQK does add a new flavor to the prime-time cooking show palette.
It offers a vision of dinner as a special effect, and its appeal is akin to that of the freeze-dried ice cream available at finer space-museum gift shops. It's a novelty item that makes no claim to please discerning palates.