• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 27, 2013
  • Season #: 1
4.6

1. Nov 3, 2013
    Honestly, I think the show is rigged. This year they had a contestant named Alexander, who without a doubt had a ton of talent. That being said, In one episode, He easily had the worst dish and he broke down crying knowing he was going to go home. Instead, They keep him and let someone else (who didn't have a bad dish, at least no where near as bad as Alexander's) go.

I hate that. I
    hate when a show blatantly screws over contestants. These kids had time to prepare for each dish, They are told what they are cooking a-head of time to be ready for it, and yet Alexander still manages to disappoint and he doesn't get sent home? It's not about talent, It's about having the best dish, and he didn't and yet they still keep him on. What a joke. I, for one, will not be tuning in for next season. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Oct 23, 2013
    The best competition show on television stars 11-year-olds.... Like the Scripps National Spelling Bee, MasterChef Junior is a celebration of talent, precocity, merit, obsession, and, above all, losing.
  2. Reviewed by: Allison Keene
    Sep 27, 2013
    The result is a family-friend mixture of competition series suspense and a genuine desire to see the kids succeed. Though there are a few eye roll-worthy moments from some ("I believe I have a very sophisticated palette," one boy says), others are delightfully able to keep up with Ramsay's quips.
  3. Reviewed by: Geoff Berkshire
    Sep 27, 2013
    The show’s assemblage of pint-sized personalities demonstrates enough natural charm to sustain a season and potentially give both Fox and Ramsay another reliable reality franchise.