• Network: Showtime
Season #: 1, 2, 3
6.6

1. farkleb
    Dec 3, 2005
    1 for most of them for being generic, non-scary, and pointless. (And really, I know it's horror, but do we HAVE to have so many gratuitous topless shots?) But 10 for tonight's episode, "Homecoming," which blew them all away. Tightly written, angry, funny, and scary...what horror (and, heck, TV in general) should be.
  2. BobH
    Oct 30, 2005
    Worst television episode I've ever seen. Absolute sensless, opaque, unintelligible crap. Dark, annoying, unexplained, weird, pointless, made no sense, wasn't scary. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. Huge disappointment.
  3. ChrisC
    Oct 10, 2006
    People who complain about this series are not true fans of the horror genre. Episodes like Imprint, Cigarette Burns and The Fair Haired-Child were a fine example in what horror films should be... TERRIFYING. If you are offended by images of nudity, gore, satanism or basically anything else included in the genre we refer to as "HORROR" than I suggest you go rent something like Scream 3 or People who complain about this series are not true fans of the horror genre. Episodes like Imprint, Cigarette Burns and The Fair Haired-Child were a fine example in what horror films should be... TERRIFYING. If you are offended by images of nudity, gore, satanism or basically anything else included in the genre we refer to as "HORROR" than I suggest you go rent something like Scream 3 or Jeepers Creepers. *Also, I dont know how people can post negative comments on this series after only watching one episode. I would say that 6 out of the 13 episodes are extremely good, and the rest are just campy generic cheese.* Expand
  4. StephanieS
    Nov 4, 2005
    I have read some of the scripts for this show and i did not expect it to be actually scary at all (or good for that matter) so i was pleasently surprised at how good the first episode was. Can not wait for the Dear Woman episode...should be a funny one!
  5. DocW
    Nov 11, 2005
    I completely agree with Bob H. Totally pointless, poorly directed, impossible to suspend disbelief... WORTHLESS. After seeing "Dance Of The Dead" tonight, I was inspired to write this critique. I would rather have spent the hour trimming the toenails of a homeless schizophrenic, than see that episode again. Truely pathetic.
  6. Jed
    Nov 4, 2005
    If not for a single moment of potential in the first episode, this would have received a zero. A blatant derivative of Jeepers Creepers, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (and its imitators: House of 1,000 Corpses, Wrong Turn, etc.), and First Blood (yes, the Rambo movie), and directed as if by a teenager who had just seen these movies and thought it would be fun to try to make one of his own. If not for a single moment of potential in the first episode, this would have received a zero. A blatant derivative of Jeepers Creepers, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (and its imitators: House of 1,000 Corpses, Wrong Turn, etc.), and First Blood (yes, the Rambo movie), and directed as if by a teenager who had just seen these movies and thought it would be fun to try to make one of his own. Almost every scene was contrived, unbelievable, and woefully unscary. If you like really, really bad movies -- and I know there are plenty of you out there -- you might enjoy this. But I can't guarantee it. Here's to hoping that the other directors are a little more awake behind the wheel. Expand
  7. RyanM
    Dec 22, 2005
    This series isn't for everyone. For people that know movies and know horror, you won't be dissapointed. (For the most part) I wasn't too thrilled about chocalate, however jenifer, Cigarrette Burns, and one other i cant recall, are just damn good. No if's ands or buts...... well maybe a few butts.
  8. thomasv
    Dec 3, 2005
    I watch shows like this for their escape value. A political agenda posing as entertainmet is a turm off which is what I did midway through your last episode.
  9. Cables
    Oct 29, 2005
    Didn't quite live up to the expectations... still far better than anything else cable has given us horrorfans since Tales from the Crypt. We'll have to wait and see if it can stand the test of time.
  10. Stiff
    Simply amazing, bravo!
  11. JS
    Oct 31, 2005
    How could so many reviewers like this? It was terrible. I only saw one episode but it was very stupid. It was completely unscary but had a lot of gore and a rape scene for no apparent reason. Here are some tips: 1. If you are attacked on a road then your attacker leaves you and travels into the woods, stay on the road, DO NOT follow after your attacker into the woods. 2. If you are being How could so many reviewers like this? It was terrible. I only saw one episode but it was very stupid. It was completely unscary but had a lot of gore and a rape scene for no apparent reason. Here are some tips: 1. If you are attacked on a road then your attacker leaves you and travels into the woods, stay on the road, DO NOT follow after your attacker into the woods. 2. If you are being chased, run towards civilization, not deeper into a wooded area. Also, do not stop for 10 minutes at a time to rig up a trap because you could've kept running and been 10 minutes away. 3. If disposing a body there is no need to show it to other people, especially if showing them means you'll have to kill them, too. 4. Dead bodies do not need holes drilled in their eyes. They are dead already so it doesn't make a difference, but if that's what you're into I guess go ahead. Expand
  12. CanG
    Nov 12, 2005
    ?'ve waiting for a show like this since "twilight zone".But this is far more better than twilight zone, not only because of its' directors but also there's much more quality in pictures and there are great effects these days and using these at maximum quality really makes a film to scare people. i have quite a big horror films archieve in my home but this series will be ?'ve waiting for a show like this since "twilight zone".But this is far more better than twilight zone, not only because of its' directors but also there's much more quality in pictures and there are great effects these days and using these at maximum quality really makes a film to scare people. i have quite a big horror films archieve in my home but this series will be above all... But i wanna warn you that this series are only for horror film fans.i don't think any other people would love this as i do! Expand
  13. Tawni
    Dec 18, 2005
    The first thing that pops about this series is the reactions from viewers. If you look below it's predominately extreme, with people either loving it or hating it. Generally a good sign of a series that in my opinion is amazing. Sure some of the scripts many not be the best, but that's what makes this series so awesome. It caters to everything; B movie scream queens, in your The first thing that pops about this series is the reactions from viewers. If you look below it's predominately extreme, with people either loving it or hating it. Generally a good sign of a series that in my opinion is amazing. Sure some of the scripts many not be the best, but that's what makes this series so awesome. It caters to everything; B movie scream queens, in your face rip-it-all-out action, asylum killers, fights for survival, mental mind-f*** trips, and anything else you'd expect from an Ed Wood and John Carpenter love child creation, who theyaffectionately named Masters of Horror. Every episode is amazing in it's own right, and I know I'm not going to stray from this series for a long time to come. Expand
  14. jonians
    Dec 20, 2005
    They're a mixed bag. Some episodes are very generic, some are very good. A little too gory.
  15. JoshK
    Oct 31, 2005
    An Innovative and welcome presentation of the horror genre. the first episode was wonderful, I cant wait for what Tikishi Miike comes up with.
  16. Aug 13, 2010
    Wow this series was something truly remarkable if your a fan of horror,each epsiode had a different actor who has made a name for themselves in the horror genre and each epsiode was good in its own right.This is a must see for horror fans.

1. Reviewed by: Paul Katz
    Happy Halloween. [28 Oct 2005, p.79]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    [It] won't earn many points for subtlety, but for aficionados of the horror genre it's the kind of stylish gorefest that should keep them up nights.
    And that's the problem. Is it horror or just horrible? Is it scary or just bloody?