• Network: ABC Family
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 17, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
5.5

1. Aug 17, 2010
    I actually thought the show was pretty entertaining.... Melissa gets on my nerves a little but she is reasonably funny and I find myself warming up to Joey's character. I totally think there are far more bland shows on now that this one deserves a chance........
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Ask yourself one question. Have you ever seen anything from Meliissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence that you actually thought was worth a crap? That's right! I haven't seen the show and I'm already judging it based on their previous body of work.
  3. Sep 17, 2010
    I originally gave Melissa & Joey a 4. After watching for the next couple of weeks I've decided to raise it. The show has progressed a bit and over time has become more and more watchable and fun. I'd recommend it now, although there's still a few episodes left, and it certainly isn't the surprise hit like 'Cougar Town' was last year that I was hoping for.
  4. Nov 5, 2010
    i have to say this reminds my a lot of the new are we there yet series(also another horrible show). This show is just so predictable its sad and the jokes were never funny. I would not even watch this show if they paid me to. I hope this series is canceled soon so something better came come along.
  5. Nov 15, 2010
    I only watched one time, but that was enough. Characters don't mesh together in my opinion. Overly silly. I watched because it was dealing with Dancing with the Stars. What a waste of good talent on all counts. I can't believe Mark would have gone through with this show. I believe he did it for his previous team mates on Dancing with the Stars. I could barely stand to get throughI only watched one time, but that was enough. Characters don't mesh together in my opinion. Overly silly. I watched because it was dealing with Dancing with the Stars. What a waste of good talent on all counts. I can't believe Mark would have gone through with this show. I believe he did it for his previous team mates on Dancing with the Stars. I could barely stand to get through the entire show. Sorry. Collapse
  6. Apr 29, 2011
  7. Jun 24, 2011
    I had really high hopes for this show but was rather disappointed in the entire show's structure and almost everything. The humor seems rather stale and is quite bland. This was definitely one of the shows that went at the bottom of my list of must-sees. It was even more surprising when ABC Family renewed it for a second season after it's extremely low viewer ratings. In my overallI had really high hopes for this show but was rather disappointed in the entire show's structure and almost everything. The humor seems rather stale and is quite bland. This was definitely one of the shows that went at the bottom of my list of must-sees. It was even more surprising when ABC Family renewed it for a second season after it's extremely low viewer ratings. In my overall opinion it was a huge mistake bringing this show back when ABC Family could have replaced it with another more promising show. Expand
  8. Aug 14, 2011
    This show is great, it has a story line. People who give it bad reviews just simply don't get jokes anymore. Frankly, there are way too much reality TV shows right now, which is purely a waste of time. This show is humorous and the storyline can be developed further. People just don't seem to appreciate shows with storylines anymore because they are too stuck in their reality TV show thatThis show is great, it has a story line. People who give it bad reviews just simply don't get jokes anymore. Frankly, there are way too much reality TV shows right now, which is purely a waste of time. This show is humorous and the storyline can be developed further. People just don't seem to appreciate shows with storylines anymore because they are too stuck in their reality TV show that is barely reality but scripted instead to create drama. I hope this show stays on for as long as possible, I wait for this to come out every week. Mel's sarcasm is so amusing and joey is great eye candy and his character's personality is so caring but very funny. Their chemistry has improved dramatically. Expand
  9. Aug 15, 2011
    This is a pretty good show. It's for the family but it isn't scared to have jokes in there for the grown ups, which is refreshing. Too often "family" shows treat adults like kids. The cast are good in their roles and the dynamic between Mel and Joe, which was a bit rocky at the start has really blossomed. It's sappy and pleasant and shows that you can still do comedy in this mold andThis is a pretty good show. It's for the family but it isn't scared to have jokes in there for the grown ups, which is refreshing. Too often "family" shows treat adults like kids. The cast are good in their roles and the dynamic between Mel and Joe, which was a bit rocky at the start has really blossomed. It's sappy and pleasant and shows that you can still do comedy in this mold and that you don't need to have an "off the wall" character for a show to be funny. Expand
  10. Sep 3, 2011
    I actually really like this show and I don't have any kids. The humor is cute and cheeky and just want we need back on TV. The spark between Melissa and Joey is great and love the on-screen dynamic.
  11. Sep 6, 2014
    Melissa & Joey fails to provide any real laughs. It feels less like a mainstream sitcom, and more like something the Disney channel would air with it's lame storylines and even lamer jokes, however, at the heart of Melissa & Joey we find an obvious chemistry between the cast which provides great potential to create a funny, natural feeling sitcom - if only the creators would realise this.
  12. Jan 15, 2012
    i like it am huge fan of Melissa since Sabrina the teenage witch and joey is really good looking and funny guy i cant stop watching him what ever he is doing
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    The show has its moments, but its comedic material is so heavily overused that it never gains independence as an original comedy, depositing fewer laughs than it should.
  14. Ogr
    Jan 26, 2014
    I am sorry, I really liked Melissa Joan Hart as Clarissa and Sabrina, but this Show is the worst Show ever on Comedy Central. The writing is so bad, I feel ashamed watching this. Bad Jokes, stupid Story, lame Characters, please cancel this show, it's simply horrible.
  15. Jan 6, 2014
    I have followed the show from its first season and have to say it's become one of my favorite sitcoms by now. It's not that the jokes are so much better than those of other sitcoms but it's really up to Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence who have great chemistry on screen and were given great characters. Am really glad the show has been picked up for a fourth season (although when youI have followed the show from its first season and have to say it's become one of my favorite sitcoms by now. It's not that the jokes are so much better than those of other sitcoms but it's really up to Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence who have great chemistry on screen and were given great characters. Am really glad the show has been picked up for a fourth season (although when you consider the breaks in between season one and three and that these seasons have 30+ episodes the fourth season would actually be season six!). Expand

1. Although the show is reminiscent of the kid-friendly TGIF lineup, some of the jokes are for the PG-13 crowd.
  2. Reviewed by: Tanner Stransky
    Because this is on ABC Family, it comes with a big helping of cheesy jokes, but Hart and Lawrence share a buoyant, delightful chemistry.
  3. Old-chestnut premise notwithstanding, the show wants to be modern, and the humor occasionally pushes further than one might expect from a family comedy.