Memphis Beat : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 22, 2010
Season #: 1, 2
8.0

1. Jun 15, 2011
    I really want to like this show. The cast is great. Memphis is the best! The music is great. Jason Lee I love, although sometimes I feel that he doesn't own this role. And there's something else that's missing that isn't pulling it together for me. I tried hard to be a fan last season and will try hard again this season. The thing is . . .I shouldn't have to try hard, should I?
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    Too much Dwight. The first season was a little more rounded. I'd like to see a little more of the rest of the cast of characters. This season seems to be developed completely around Dwight and his life story which has become a bit boring to me. Great cast of characters. I wish they would use them more.

If you're looking for a new cop drama to serve and protect your entertainment interests, leave the rookies alone to ripen, and go for a ride-along with Jason Lee's Dwight. Blue suede shoes not required.
    Lee and co-star Alfre Woodard deserve better than Memphis Beat, which can't quite overcome the cliches that frequently bog it down.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    A by-the-book cop show without much bite or heft. But it's got Memphis and Lee.