• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 22, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.0

1. Sep 23, 2011
    Good series and good music. Interesting twist on law enforcement and common sense approaches to it. Very good acting, characters and plots - please keep this series going.
  2. ksb
    Jul 27, 2011
    Excellent season. You really care about these people, they really seem to care about who they are helping, and the characters do have great chemistry. Season 2 has just begun, and I am enjoying the episodes so far as much as I did season 1.
  3. Aug 20, 2010
    Great writing, great music, and characters you like and identify with. This show has it all. We do wish the season was longer though. Who knew 'Earl' could sing. Great show.
  4. Jun 25, 2011
    I love this show! Critics don't always know what the mass public likes. It's the one show I look forwaed to each week. There is alot of crap on TV but Memphis Beat works fine for me. Go Memphis.
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    I just love Memphis Beat. I would watch it every night if it was on. The music, the plot, the acting. I just can't get enough. I never liked Earl but this show is awsome.
  6. sad
    Aug 21, 2010
    This is a great show. All of the characters, especially Jason & Alfre are GREAT in it. Please keep it around and add to it. The music is great and it makes me laugh!!!! I can't for it to come each week!
  7. Aug 22, 2010
    Love this show! No hi-tech labs doing the work...just cops using common sense and talking..listening and doing their jobs. Plain and simple and I love it! Not a big Elvis fan, but I'm learning!
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    I totally love Memhis Beat! I've recorded all episodes and watch the new ones every week. The characters are great with just enough humor to make the plots interesting. Hope the series is renewed for a second season.
  9. Aug 31, 2010
    I love the whole idea of Memphis Beat. I love the music and everything about this show. Please bring it back for season 2. I never missed an episode. I watch police/cop shows a lot and this Memphis Beat is one of the best to come along in quite some time.
  10. Sep 7, 2010
    i thought this show was great! it had a little of everything. i can't wait until it goes to dvd and back on tv. the cast had a perfect chemistry and the music was great.
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    Too much Dwight. The first season was a little more rounded. I'd like to see a little more of the rest of the cast of characters. This season seems to be developed completely around Dwight and his life story which has become a bit boring to me. Great cast of characters. I wish they would use them more.
  12. Nov 11, 2010
    I really enjoy Jason Lee in this role.......I've only seen two episodes and want to see many, many more......I'm taping them from now on........ He's a very good singer......Sexy!! I too,, would watch it every night if I could.........Please keep it going!!!
  13. Feb 10, 2011
    This show is SO much fun. A recent episode closed with Jason in a duet singing a song that started, "One night of sin. That's what I'm now paying for." So honky-tonk and amusing! A recent episode that started with a courtroom scene was priceless.
  14. Apr 8, 2011
    This show is a very great drama. I do not like dramas, but this show is the best. It's got Jason Lee and he is a very great actor. I love the kind of cases that they take up as well. This show has to make it with many more seasons.
  15. Jun 15, 2011
    I really want to like this show. The cast is great. Memphis is the best! The music is great. Jason Lee I love, although sometimes I feel that he doesn't own this role. And there's something else that's missing that isn't pulling it together for me. I tried hard to be a fan last season and will try hard again this season. The thing is . . .I shouldn't have to try hard, should I?
  16. Aug 18, 2011
    I like this show. Interesting characters and plot lines, good Memphis blues background music, and a nice mix of humor, character development, and drama. I wish Jason Lee could start singing his own lines, but other than that, I like most everything about this show.

If you're looking for a new cop drama to serve and protect your entertainment interests, leave the rookies alone to ripen, and go for a ride-along with Jason Lee's Dwight. Blue suede shoes not required.
    Lee and co-star Alfre Woodard deserve better than Memphis Beat, which can't quite overcome the cliches that frequently bog it down.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    A by-the-book cop show without much bite or heft. But it's got Memphis and Lee.