• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2
8.9

1. BetsyS
    Dec 22, 2006
    Both my husband and I have enjoyed this quirky little show. The humor is excellent---the acting superb and it is a breath of fresh air from the rest of the losts, lawyers, and crazy housewives.
  2. annieo
    Dec 26, 2006
    Good fantasy show. NOT at all like the real Alaska. So it
  3. RebeccaT
    Oct 28, 2006
    Loved the show! James Tupper is "hot".
  4. LesleyJ
    Sep 13, 2006
    I was instantly drawn to the characters on this show. The acting was superb and the the views of Alaska are amazing. For those of us who do not enjoy cop shows and legal dramas, Men in Trees is a refreshing change. Let's hope ABC gives it a chance to find an audience before yanking it.
  5. MarcD.
    Sep 13, 2006
    It's not the most original show in the world, but after seeing Heche's stint on Everwood, I knew she'd be worth watching in this rustic setting. The supporting characters will make this show, though. The "hostess", the bartender's ex-wife, the agent. They seem interesting. But also the men of that small town seem like they will be a good foil for the big city It's not the most original show in the world, but after seeing Heche's stint on Everwood, I knew she'd be worth watching in this rustic setting. The supporting characters will make this show, though. The "hostess", the bartender's ex-wife, the agent. They seem interesting. But also the men of that small town seem like they will be a good foil for the big city relationship coach. I'll give it another episode or two worth of rope. Expand
  6. DillardD
    Sep 14, 2006
    Fresh and off-beat. A good new unreality show.
  7. JulieR
    Sep 15, 2006
    Channel surfing, I was immediately drawn into this show. I found it different and refreshing, with great writing and acting. I will watch again!
  8. CraigC
    Sep 16, 2006
    Very refreshing, lots of good dialogue and some beautiful scenery. Does anyone out there know the shooting location of this show?
  9. DonnaF
    Sep 16, 2006
    Refreshingly funny. Lots of room to grow and develop interesting characters and plotlines.
  10. DeidreD
    Sep 17, 2006
    Loved it!
  11. JaneF
    Sep 17, 2006
    It was ok. I will watch again to get a better idea.
  12. RhondaO
    Sep 18, 2006
    I had very low expectations because I'm not a fan of Heche, but was entertained and in fact found the writing to be crisp and clever. Yes, it borrows from the best and the shows influences are transparent, but the casting is well done and given time this is a show whose pace and sensibility there isn't enough of on the tube.
  13. LindaL
    Sep 18, 2006
    A lot of these negative reviewers just seem to detest Anne Heche, for whatever reason. But she's always been a bright talent, and I think the "Sex and the Country" wit of this show could make it fun and endearing.
  14. GS
    Sep 18, 2006
    Very likable characters. Very clever writing. Beautiful scenery. Ann Heche is adorable, and Tupper is gorgeous.
  15. ChrisJ
    Sep 18, 2006
    Loved the ensemble cast...want to learn more about each character. The humor is subtle, enjoyed both the pilot and the first show...absolutely deserves a serious chance to develop an audience.
  16. WaltN
    Sep 19, 2006
    Though remenisent of an earlier series, I found it to be refreshing, when compared to the run of the mill sitcoms. I watch TV for the humor, not the unbiased truth, of which there is little.
  17. MikeD
    Sep 19, 2006
    This program is great and Anne Heche is a doll. I have enjoy watching Anne in many movies and hope this program continues for mnay years. Good job to all. Very good choice on starring actress and supporting cast.
  18. TinamC
    Sep 22, 2006
    I've watched the first several episodes and so far I love it--many scenes made me laugh out loud. The look on Anne Heche's face before she fell thru the ice in one scene was priceless. It's always good to try and watch a new show--are we going to watch Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc. forever?? In addition, there is usually nothing to watch on a Fri. I've watched the first several episodes and so far I love it--many scenes made me laugh out loud. The look on Anne Heche's face before she fell thru the ice in one scene was priceless. It's always good to try and watch a new show--are we going to watch Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc. forever?? In addition, there is usually nothing to watch on a Fri. night--we are boring parents of 2 young children--so this show is perfect for me. Expand
  19. MargaretU
    Sep 24, 2006
    This show gives viewers a real break from violence and the news which is sadly reflected in todays entertainment of crime, pseudo reality shows, and medical representations. Qiuirky?-sure, fun?- yeah, will I continue to watch?...you bet. This show has only one place to go and that is UP! Everyone I know loves it and looks forward to real entertainment on Friday night.
  20. julieh
    Sep 25, 2006
    I think this is a great show and I hope that it stays on. I have enjoyed it.
  21. Christa
    Sep 25, 2006
    This show is hysterical. I love it! Great characters. What do critics know anyway!
  22. AndiS
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this show! I laughed till I cried when the racoon followed her around. This is a sweet show and really a REFRESHING BREATH OF AIR!!! WAY better than the crappy "reality" shows!
  23. stacya
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this new show. I hope it stays on. I look forward to it on Friday nights. Its different, entertaining and fun.
  24. SandyL
    Sep 27, 2006
    I LOVE this show. It's a breath of fresh air. Love the whole concept of this show. I know it's a combo of sex and the city and northern exposure, but It's a great hour of viewing and the music is excellent. Please ABC don't cancel it. Give it a chance.
  25. dorothyc
    Sep 27, 2006
    I think it is the best new show this season. You have finally put something good on Friday. I 'll come home every Friday for Men in Trees and James Tupper, he is perfect, the entire cast is great. ABC has it all between Grey's Anatomy, Men in Trees and I know I will report on more. Once again ThankYou!! after a wild busy busy day in the office Men in Trees is just perfect.
  26. BuzzC
    Sep 28, 2006
    Haaaaaated it. My wife and I were both looking forward to this show, and we were both so very dissapointed. Liked a lot of the actors from this show, but their characters were flat. Could this show have ripped off Nothern Exposure any more? And last but not least, Anne Heche is soooo unlikeable. We will be very suprised if this show last two more episodes.
  27. Vickie
    Sep 29, 2006
    This show is definitely a "feel good" show. I absolutely love the cast of actors. I do hope they spotlight each of them without always centering the plot around Heche. Please ABC give this show a chance to develop a following of viewers...
  28. darlal.
    Nov 10, 2007
    I love the show and the characters ...wish it came on everynight cant wait to see next episode.
  29. guesteu
    Jan 12, 2007
    the best tv show ever
  30. Tammy
    Jan 19, 2007
    i really like this fun show
  31. RaisaJ
    Jan 31, 2007
    Could Ane Heche be any more annoying playing the same twitchy anxious self absorbed twit over and over and over again in everything she has ever been in? This was painful to watch except for the good work of Suleka Mathew and John Amos. Maybe yhey could have the Marin character fall though the ice or something and save the show.
  32. DeborahC
    Feb 14, 2007
    It doesn't get any better that this. I am hopeful that Men In Trees will last a very long time. It is clean and wholesome. Family friendly. Kudos to the writers. Please don't take this show to far. Remember what made it a success and it will remain a success. I loved this show from the very beginning.
  33. ekuas
    Feb 22, 2007
    I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees is great!!!! keep up the good work!!!! Expand
  34. slee
    Mar 14, 2007
    I really enjoy this show. The characters have a lot of heart and usually make me smile and laugh which is very unusual for most of the shows on air now. I hope it won't be cancelled.
  35. christinz
    Mar 15, 2007
    best sensitive relatinship drama with scenes of nature- never miss
  36. CatherineH
    Mar 21, 2007
    I realize that I too have fallen in love with Elmo, it's breathtaking landscape and it's down-to-earth warm-hearted support cast. That said, I haven't been able to watch one show without straining to reach through the rose-tinted screen and strangle that nasally, self-absorbed ding dong (Heche) mid pontification on the bloody obvious. Please let her be consumed by a dumpster bear.
  37. MarthaC
    Mar 21, 2007
    Love it! Love it! The same sentiment I wrote after the first show, and have not missed a one. It's a great "girls night in", show that is clean and refreshing. Please don't drop this wonderful, addictive, and cozy story.
  38. carolep
    Mar 22, 2007
    This show is so much more intertaining than all of this reality TV. If you would get rid of this other crap, you would have more air time for intertaining programs like this
  39. meme
    Mar 22, 2007
    I love this show! Where is it???
  40. CJTimcoe
    Mar 22, 2007
    I Love This Show! It is my favorite show out, please do not take it off and replace with another show, what are they thinking? Please put back on this show is really great!
  41. Jane
    Mar 28, 2007
    Love the show - hoping for new episodes
  42. AW
    Apr 14, 2007
    Love this show, waiting anxiously for its return
  43. SamanthaB.
    May 18, 2007
    I really enjoyed this show and looked forward to watching it! I hope it will continue as a series next fall. When will we know if it is coming back? Last season I was a huge 'Invasion' fan and I feel that it was just left hanging with no real conclusion. I was very disappointed. I hope that I will not be disappointed again.
  44. K.S.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Love this show! Please keep going.......

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Alynda Wheat
    With a pleasant blend of quirkiness and charm, this is an M.I.T. we can all get into. [15 Sep 2006, p.68]
    It’s really a sentimental looking-for-love show after all, albeit one with a wonderful lead actress who will surely do her best to bring nuance and spark.
    A clichéd, cloying show.