Men in Trees : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.9

1. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This ia a chick-flick series, so all the male critics jump on it. If you have mostly XX chromosomes, check it out.
  2. SteveK.
    Dec 6, 2007
    I'm trying to remember the last TV show in which every single member of the cast is not only amusing but actually likeable! And no overdrawn, stupid caricatures, either. It's a great show!!
  3. darlal.
    Nov 10, 2007
    I love the show and the characters ...wish it came on everynight cant wait to see next episode.
  4. MattP.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Hello people!!! This show sucks!!! Ever see Northern Exposure! Can you can 'really bad copy' of a good idea!! The dialogue is so uninspired, so unoriginal, so taken straight from boring and predictable. This is insipid capitalistic opportunism at its height. I love the narration! Anne Heche's narration is such a poor attempt at sounding smart! Northern Exposure was smart Hello people!!! This show sucks!!! Ever see Northern Exposure! Can you can 'really bad copy' of a good idea!! The dialogue is so uninspired, so unoriginal, so taken straight from boring and predictable. This is insipid capitalistic opportunism at its height. I love the narration! Anne Heche's narration is such a poor attempt at sounding smart! Northern Exposure was smart and it worked! Hey writers! If you're not smart, then don't pretend to it! Or if you're just trying to appeal to the plebes then may you rot in hell! Expand
  5. crisd
    Nov 5, 2007
    Awesome show!!! Keep up the great work. Don't change the original premise of the show. It's great just the way it is. Thanks for bringing some good entertainment.
  6. SueV.
    Nov 1, 2007
    This show is fun and always makes me happy. I love this show and hope it stays on for a very long time.
  7. JeanetteW.
    Jul 6, 2007
    This is a quirky happy show I really love it especially the connection between all the characters. Makes me wish I lived in Elmo, where it seem all the men are.
  8. K.S.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Love this show! Please keep going.......
  9. lindas.
    Jun 4, 2007
    I just love this program,and i cant wait till it comes back on.
  10. SamanthaB.
    May 18, 2007
    I really enjoyed this show and looked forward to watching it! I hope it will continue as a series next fall. When will we know if it is coming back? Last season I was a huge 'Invasion' fan and I feel that it was just left hanging with no real conclusion. I was very disappointed. I hope that I will not be disappointed again.
  11. laurac
    May 4, 2007
    keep the show going! it is great. I love it. it is refrehing. Jack and marin are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. LindaG
    Apr 27, 2007
    This show has everything: Drama, comedy, romance and a little suspense. What I would really like to know, is when it will be back on again!
  13. LilDavy
    Apr 26, 2007
    When is this show coming back on?? I really miss it!! Great show the whole framily can watch. Love IT!!!
  14. MichelleD
    Apr 25, 2007
    I love this show! Nothing compares to it. I won't watch any thing that is taking it's place on Thursday night. After Grey's, I'll switch back to FOX. It's that simple.
  15. Lola
    Apr 14, 2007
    Please bring back our favorite tv show, its enchanting and we miss it so.
  16. stella
    Apr 14, 2007
    love this show, please bring it back soon ABC!
  17. AW
    Apr 14, 2007
    Love this show, waiting anxiously for its return
  18. leila
    Apr 8, 2007
    This is one of the greatest programs on television. NO blood, only the sweet adventure that most people can relate to, goodness even men!
  19. lesleyp
    Apr 3, 2007
    I love this show, I would run home eveynight from college just to see what was going on, How can you cancel a show that was so good and leave us hanging. I do not have cable but I do get men in trees and I would look foward to coming home and seeing some old fashion, but juicy. I am reallt upset. This next show is not gong to do as good as men in trees. Hey if your not going to air it I love this show, I would run home eveynight from college just to see what was going on, How can you cancel a show that was so good and leave us hanging. I do not have cable but I do get men in trees and I would look foward to coming home and seeing some old fashion, but juicy. I am reallt upset. This next show is not gong to do as good as men in trees. Hey if your not going to air it anymore you need to send me old show on dvd for free, at least I can still enjoy those. YOU NEED TO PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR ASAP. Lesley Pee Expand
  20. Jane
    Mar 28, 2007
    Love the show - hoping for new episodes
  21. PattyS
    Mar 28, 2007
    finally an enjoyable T.V. show without all the violence!
  22. JulieH
    Mar 27, 2007
    I love this show. I'm sick of all blood and gore on tv, this show is just fun and I look forward to it being on. You can just sit there and be entertained.
  23. lfitz
    Mar 23, 2007
    great show. my husband even enjoys it
  24. SuzyP
    Mar 22, 2007
    Please DO NOT cancel Men In Trees!!!
  25. CJTimcoe
    Mar 22, 2007
    I Love This Show! It is my favorite show out, please do not take it off and replace with another show, what are they thinking? Please put back on this show is really great!
  26. CINDYS
    Mar 22, 2007
    I dont watch to many series but i always watch men in trees.Love it
  27. meme
    Mar 22, 2007
    I love this show! Where is it???
  28. carolep
    Mar 22, 2007
    This show is so much more intertaining than all of this reality TV. If you would get rid of this other crap, you would have more air time for intertaining programs like this
  29. MarthaC
    Mar 21, 2007
    Love it! Love it! The same sentiment I wrote after the first show, and have not missed a one. It's a great "girls night in", show that is clean and refreshing. Please don't drop this wonderful, addictive, and cozy story.
  30. CatherineH
    Mar 21, 2007
    I realize that I too have fallen in love with Elmo, it's breathtaking landscape and it's down-to-earth warm-hearted support cast. That said, I haven't been able to watch one show without straining to reach through the rose-tinted screen and strangle that nasally, self-absorbed ding dong (Heche) mid pontification on the bloody obvious. Please let her be consumed by a dumpster bear.
  31. MichelleM
    Mar 20, 2007
    I like it!!
  32. christinz
    Mar 15, 2007
    best sensitive relatinship drama with scenes of nature- never miss
  33. slee
    Mar 14, 2007
    I really enjoy this show. The characters have a lot of heart and usually make me smile and laugh which is very unusual for most of the shows on air now. I hope it won't be cancelled.
  34. GreenToast
    Mar 8, 2007
    It's a good show with talented writers. please bring it back for another season.
  35. ekuas
    Feb 22, 2007
    I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees is great!!!! keep up the good work!!!! Expand
  36. Jennifer
    Feb 19, 2007
    I love this show! So what if it isn't how Alaska really is - this is tv. Tv rarely projects anything true to the actual thing (hello, CSI anyone?). I enjoy the way the characters are slowly developing, the quirky stories and the fact that you get to see relationships without blatant sex in your face on the screen all the time. I hope they keep it on for several seasons!
  37. SharonH
    Feb 14, 2007
    Don't even think about messing with this Men In Tree's. This is one of the most enjoyable shows on during the week. I'm not sure moving it to Friday night is a good move. I will be very upsetting if this show moves time slots and loses it's followers. It is a great follow up to Grey's Anatomy and it gives me something to look forward to on Thursday nights. I have Don't even think about messing with this Men In Tree's. This is one of the most enjoyable shows on during the week. I'm not sure moving it to Friday night is a good move. I will be very upsetting if this show moves time slots and loses it's followers. It is a great follow up to Grey's Anatomy and it gives me something to look forward to on Thursday nights. I have introduced this show and Grey's Anatomy to many friends and they too are hooked. Expand
  38. DeborahC
    Feb 14, 2007
    It doesn't get any better that this. I am hopeful that Men In Trees will last a very long time. It is clean and wholesome. Family friendly. Kudos to the writers. Please don't take this show to far. Remember what made it a success and it will remain a success. I loved this show from the very beginning.
  39. Tara
    Feb 2, 2007
    This is a fresh quirky show. The scenery is fabulous and the characters grow in depth during each show. It is just like meeting people as you get to know them you learn more and more about what defines them as a person.
  40. RaisaJ
    Jan 31, 2007
    Could Ane Heche be any more annoying playing the same twitchy anxious self absorbed twit over and over and over again in everything she has ever been in? This was painful to watch except for the good work of Suleka Mathew and John Amos. Maybe yhey could have the Marin character fall though the ice or something and save the show.
  41. Tammy
    Jan 19, 2007
    i really like this fun show
  42. EDDIEG
    Jan 19, 2007
    I would also agree there is a hint of Sex in the City within the show. However, the air is so much cleaner-details about the sex. It's everyday life that most everyone can relate to. Whereas, with Sex in the City it relates to only one genre; Men in Trees relates to us all that is willing to breathe in the air...
  43. guesteu
    Jan 12, 2007
    the best tv show ever
  44. AlindaS
    Jan 10, 2007
    This show has finally premiered in Australia and I love it already - lets hope that it's not just a summer fling and they take it off after the "ratings" period shows start in FEB. It's a breath of fresh air from all the crime/death shows.
  45. annieo
    Dec 26, 2006
    Good fantasy show. NOT at all like the real Alaska. So it
  46. BetsyS
    Dec 22, 2006
    Both my husband and I have enjoyed this quirky little show. The humor is excellent---the acting superb and it is a breath of fresh air from the rest of the losts, lawyers, and crazy housewives.
  47. SasaC
    Dec 2, 2006
    As each new episode airs the show just gets better and better!
  48. JackieA
    Nov 16, 2006
    Great cast chemistry combined with good writing. An enjoyable show to watch.
  49. MelodyP
    Nov 11, 2006
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD
  50. NoelleB
    Nov 10, 2006
    To write this show off as "Sex and the City" / "Northern Exposure" hybrid is a mistake born of ignorance and a big clue that the critic has not stuck with the show. With each show, we're treated to deeper character development, richer plots and worthy entertainment. Yes, "Men in Trees" is laugh-worthy, but I also find myself gripped by the crackling, yet hesitant, chemistry between To write this show off as "Sex and the City" / "Northern Exposure" hybrid is a mistake born of ignorance and a big clue that the critic has not stuck with the show. With each show, we're treated to deeper character development, richer plots and worthy entertainment. Yes, "Men in Trees" is laugh-worthy, but I also find myself gripped by the crackling, yet hesitant, chemistry between Marin and Jack, the agonizing Ben/Theresa relationship limbo and exhilerating newness of the Patrick/Annie coupling. This show isn't just another serving of fast-food tv. It has rich potential and I am SO EXCITED it's now going to be on after another favorite, Grey's Anatomy!!! If a b.s. show like "According to Jim" can last multiple seasons, "Men in Trees" should enjoy a long run akin to "Sex and the City" and "Friends". Expand
  51. RebeccaS
    Nov 9, 2006
    Love it Love it Love it. It is the best show every...
  52. SharylR
    Nov 6, 2006
    I LOVE this show - really does remind me of one of my ALL TIME favorites - Northern Exposure - it'a quirky, sad, happy, bittersweet and funny, all at the same time. It's a treasure - I hope it gets the recognition it needs to have a very long run.
  53. sow
    Nov 6, 2006
    I think the show is infectious and funny! I love Jack and Marin...they are hot and realistic. I also think the DJ guy is adorable and likable.
  54. lucille
    Nov 3, 2006
    i was very suprised i did not think i would like this show i am not a fan of situation comedies but anne heche and the other characters are enjoyable i will tune in whenever possible very enjoyable
  55. ShellyL
    Oct 30, 2006
    This is a great show! It's nice to watch something lighthearted and funny for a change. Besides the half hour sitcoms. This show is a keeper!!
  56. SUSANF
    Oct 30, 2006
    The pilot and first episode was run back to back and I am glad it was. The pilot did not make me want to watch any more due to the whole cheating think with Marin. But I stuck in there and watched the first episode and I love this show. I have watched every episode that has been on and can't wait to see this weeks. I just love it.
  57. LUCYS
    Oct 28, 2006
    LOVE this show. Best new show on TV. Would love to see this before Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights so it can have a chance. The chemistry betwenn Marin & Jack is something that can't be written. I look forward to this every week and have it set on my DVR just in case. Please ABC change slots before making any too quick decisions.
  58. RebeccaT
    Oct 28, 2006
    Loved the show! James Tupper is "hot".
  59. NildaB
    Oct 23, 2006
    I love the show....and James Tupper!!
  60. JaneR
    Oct 22, 2006
    this is a delightfully quircky show - similar to Ed and Northern Exporsure...the acting is delighful and the sex tame..which means that once again something the older folk enjoy will be cancelled.
  61. KellyH
    Oct 21, 2006
    This is a keeper. There writing is clever, the story line-simple and fun. It is freshing to watch a series that you can sit back and relax to!
  62. juliel
    Oct 19, 2006
    I love all the characters on this show! I look forward to this one every week for its great story and wit
  63. SusanM
    Oct 18, 2006
    I absolutely love this show. It is a great way to unwind from a busy work week. Just snuggle up on the sofa and enjoy true entertainment as it should be. The kind of program that leaves you with a smile on your face- great way to start the weekend. Definitely a feel-good program and it is wonderful to see this type of show on TV. I like to be entertained by television - Anne Heche I absolutely love this show. It is a great way to unwind from a busy work week. Just snuggle up on the sofa and enjoy true entertainment as it should be. The kind of program that leaves you with a smile on your face- great way to start the weekend. Definitely a feel-good program and it is wonderful to see this type of show on TV. I like to be entertained by television - Anne Heche couldn't be better -she truly shines in her portrayal of Marin. Thank you to everyone who brought this delightful show to us to enjoy! Expand
  64. Verne
    Oct 17, 2006
    men in trees is a wonderful look at rural America and beneath the humor shows values which need exposure. This show is back to basics and I love it. I find the exploration of relationships true to life and applaud the writing.
  65. KristenB
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love It!
  66. dcasey
    Oct 16, 2006
    I love it. Sex in the city meets Northern exposure!
  67. CHERYLG
    Oct 15, 2006
    Great show!! Finally a drama/comedy with no violence, great story lines etc...
  68. KristenB
    Oct 13, 2006
    Love It!
  69. LORIU
    Oct 12, 2006
    love the show and all of the characters.......
  70. JackD
    Oct 11, 2006
    Sure..........it's a lot like Northern Exposure with its quirky characters, but I liked that show and I'll enjoy this one, too.
  71. Laurie
    Oct 10, 2006
    I found the show to be very interesting, but i am a sucker for mushy stuff...my life kinda sucks so i like to put myself in others shoes makes it somehow better...my little one hour get away. Even though i understand about the racoons and the skunks...they coulda at least filmed it in Alaska.
  72. StaciH
    Oct 10, 2006
    This show is the only one this season I actually race home to watch. Anne Heche is amazing and such a breath of fresh tv this season.
  73. CFerguson
    Oct 9, 2006
    This is one of the best shows I've ever seen on TV. LOVE IT and so does my husband. Won't miss it. Hope it is not cancelled because it is GREAT-GREAT CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  74. MaryruthG
    Oct 9, 2006
    love this show Heche is great
  75. KarenR
    Oct 9, 2006
    This is the best new show on the networks in a long time. I usually only watch cable channels because I don't like reality shows or all the crime shows.
  76. TammyD
    Oct 9, 2006
    I Love it! Jack is a total DOLL!
  77. Sarah
    Oct 7, 2006
    Anne Heche has a voice like nails on a blackboard, and her "I'm so cute so please look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME' performance wears thin after ten minutes. The characters are caricatures, and the writing is thin.
  78. AnneB
    Oct 7, 2006
    The pioot was slightly frenzied but each week the show's improving. It fun, light-hearted entertainment.
  79. yvonneh
    Oct 7, 2006
    love it!!! can't wait until the next episode. I love the small town, slow paced life this show portrays. Kinda reminds me of Ed.
  80. BD
    Poor acting, weak plot
  81. annap
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love this show. It's my favorite new show on.
  82. SandraC
    Oct 6, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show. It's great family televison and for that reason, it may not make it. My husband and I TiVo it if we aren't at home because we like it so much.
  83. AnnieO'
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love the show. Its refreshing from all the law enforcement, medical or reality over-kill we have to put up with on television. Hopefully it will get a fan base & be renewed for years to come!
  84. SherryC
    Oct 5, 2006
    Men in Trees is a very funny romantic comedy. I LOVE it!!!
  85. DonnaC
    Oct 5, 2006
    This show is fantastic. I haven't met anybody who doesn't like it!!!
  86. MelissaT
    Oct 4, 2006
    Love Love Love this show. It's the absolute best new show for this season.
  87. StarW
    Oct 3, 2006
    "Carrie goes to Alaska".
  88. MichaelC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Decent people treating each other with respect and concern. Life as it was as I was growing up. With all the turmoil in our world, I've found Elmo a very safe haven.
  89. gb
    Oct 2, 2006
    My wife and I both like this show, and thats unusual. Critics seem to hate it and emphasize that "no one but lonley hearts watch tv on Friday nights". I'll tell you who watches tv on Friday nights, grownups. Keep the reality and cop shows on the school nights and program the weekends for the parents.
  90. JudyA
    Sep 30, 2006
    I enjoy the show.!! I find that generally if the critics don't like a show, I do. It's a Friday night break from all the news talk show that just breed anger to the "reality" shows that are just plain ridiculous. If people can get enjoyment out of watching vicious underhanded behavior they should be able to accept, maybe not a belly laugh show; but one that does make you smile I enjoy the show.!! I find that generally if the critics don't like a show, I do. It's a Friday night break from all the news talk show that just breed anger to the "reality" shows that are just plain ridiculous. If people can get enjoyment out of watching vicious underhanded behavior they should be able to accept, maybe not a belly laugh show; but one that does make you smile all the way through. We need some gentleness in todays society. Expand
  91. DonW
    Sep 29, 2006
    good start... even out the pace a bit
  92. Vickie
    Sep 29, 2006
    This show is definitely a "feel good" show. I absolutely love the cast of actors. I do hope they spotlight each of them without always centering the plot around Heche. Please ABC give this show a chance to develop a following of viewers...
  93. LillyS.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Love it! Think it is interesting, fun, good escape and also has some wisdom....Hope they keep it on! I couldn't meet a man in Los Angeles..so I moved to a small town...(and met one) so what do critics know about real life anyway!
  94. BuzzC
    Sep 28, 2006
    Haaaaaated it. My wife and I were both looking forward to this show, and we were both so very dissapointed. Liked a lot of the actors from this show, but their characters were flat. Could this show have ripped off Nothern Exposure any more? And last but not least, Anne Heche is soooo unlikeable. We will be very suprised if this show last two more episodes.
  95. dorothyc
    Sep 27, 2006
    I think it is the best new show this season. You have finally put something good on Friday. I 'll come home every Friday for Men in Trees and James Tupper, he is perfect, the entire cast is great. ABC has it all between Grey's Anatomy, Men in Trees and I know I will report on more. Once again ThankYou!! after a wild busy busy day in the office Men in Trees is just perfect.
  96. SandyL
    Sep 27, 2006
    I LOVE this show. It's a breath of fresh air. Love the whole concept of this show. I know it's a combo of sex and the city and northern exposure, but It's a great hour of viewing and the music is excellent. Please ABC don't cancel it. Give it a chance.
  97. stacya
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this new show. I hope it stays on. I look forward to it on Friday nights. Its different, entertaining and fun.
  98. AndiS
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this show! I laughed till I cried when the racoon followed her around. This is a sweet show and really a REFRESHING BREATH OF AIR!!! WAY better than the crappy "reality" shows!
  99. Christa
    Sep 25, 2006
    This show is hysterical. I love it! Great characters. What do critics know anyway!
  100. donnaw
    Sep 25, 2006
    The little I did see of the second episode was interesting. I do not like the cop shows, I watch other satellite programming.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Alynda Wheat
    With a pleasant blend of quirkiness and charm, this is an M.I.T. we can all get into. [15 Sep 2006, p.68]
    It’s really a sentimental looking-for-love show after all, albeit one with a wonderful lead actress who will surely do her best to bring nuance and spark.
    A clichéd, cloying show.