• Network: TNT
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.9

1. Jan 13, 2011
    Thumbs up from Sweden!
    Even though i'm a woman who just turned 25 i can still appreciate this clever show and it's brilliant cast. Ray Romano has been making me laugh since the beginning of ELR, which in my opinion is the best sitcom ever made. I wish this show a lot of success for many years to come.
  2. Dec 29, 2010
    This is everything a TV comedy show should be - funny, but also real and smart. I'm a young guy (21) and even I found this show awesome even though it's not specifically aimed at my age group.
  3. Dec 19, 2010
    Okay so I like this show. It's one of my favorites. Actually it's my absolute favorite. This season is off to a great start and I can't want to see what happens.
  4. Dec 14, 2010
    This is one of my favorite tv shows out right now! It's very well written, has a consistently fantastic tone, feels very realistic, and the actors are truly brilliant! It's pure AWESOME
  5. Dec 14, 2010
    great show, strong cast which altogether makes a great season which is really worth watching. it contains some smart jokes and great dramatic scenes. overall each episode is an hour well spent
  6. Dec 9, 2010
    Men of a Certain Age deals with an area that has been sorely missing on TV. Middle aged men who are trying to cope with the realities of no longer being young and facing the existential problems with their attendant anxieties, shadows and light.
    The characters are portrayed with both a seriousness and a sense of humor. The acting is superb and mature. The writing is excellent.
  7. Dec 9, 2010
    Writing about the real world ... for television. MOACA is so good that I'm reminded of my cousins complaint of Jurassic Park --- that there weren't special effects -- they obviously used real dinosaurs.

So my observation is ... I forget -- completely ... about previous roles - Ray, Scott, Andre ... I mean -- they're ACTING? No, no. They have really been best friends all this time, we
    just dropped in on them, right? Expand
  8. Jan 5, 2011
    This is one of those really great under the radar shows that not everyone has heard about. Andre Braugher is especially amazing. Props to Ray Ramano for making something so different to Everybody Love's Raymond.
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    A wonderful show! As real to life as anything on air at this point. It is refreshing to see a show catch the roller coaster of emotions and feelings one undertakes during middle age. This show is a definite must see. Kudos to the writers, production company and viewers that all enjoy this as much as I do.
  10. Feb 7, 2011
    I love this show. It is not your typical series, and not just another "me to" show. It is original and doesnâ
  11. Jun 5, 2011
    It is great to see a show where the characters and their situations are believable. These guys are just living normal lives (none of them have a multiple personality disorder and they don't need to smuggle drugs through a tunnel from Mexico to support their families) and facing normal everyday challenges - but the show is never dull. You really care about what happens to them - just as they care about what happens to each other. It is as if the viewer is the 4th person sitting at the cafe table where they meet every day. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2011
    It is an excellent show and I was shocked when I read that TNT cancelled it. It's a witty, bitter-sweet comedy with an amazing cast. The camraderie between the three main characters is really believable. Scripting is first-class too. Overall, it's an intelligent show for an intelligent audience - it's not laugh-out-loud-sitcom funny, but it's funny AND touching at the same time. You really care about Joe, Owen and Terry and that's the highest praise. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 10, 2010
    It's very entertaining in its low-key, waist-widening ways. [20 Dec 2010, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Dec 7, 2010
    They're not making evolutionary leaps but these men do show enough signs of progress that viewers who appreciated their struggles and triumphs in the first season will have renewed reason to cheer them on in season two.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Dec 7, 2010
    Like its vague title, Men possesses a certain charm that's not always easy to characterize, but is, thankfully, easy to watch. And based on season two, the show, at least, is aging quite gracefully.