Men of a Certain Age : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Dec 7, 2009
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Nov 3, 2010
    Excellent cast. Pretty much the show runs on the shoulders of these great men that play their roles perfectly. The story and roles fits them as best as they could fit an actor. Can't wait for season 2.
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    As a man in my late 20s I can still relate to a show about men in their late 40s. This is a quality dramedy that feels very sincere every episode. The characters are very well acted and I enjoyed it until the end.
  3. Oct 12, 2010
    Great show! all three guys stand out, especially Ramano, who makes a triumphant return to television. The direction is great, and though the middle-aged theme of Men of a Certain age has been done before you get the sense that it refuses to let the show drift off into pittyville.
  4. Jan 13, 2011
    Thumbs up from Sweden cuz I just love this clever show with it's brilliant actors!
    I've just turned 25 now but Ray Romano has been making me laugh since ELR, which in my opinion is the best sitcom ever made. I hope this show continues from many seasons to come.
  5. MeredithK
    Jan 5, 2010
    I just watched 4 episodes back to back. Brilliantly written and acted, realistic and poetic at the same time. Absolutely stellar.
  6. AdamB
    Jan 5, 2010
    Never thought I would be so excited about a show starring Ray Romano. This performance surpassed every episode I ever saw of his sit-com. Great acting, script and camera!
  7. PattiG
    Dec 8, 2009
    I loved it. It was well worth the wait. Excited to see what happens next week. Ray shines.
  8. EdwardS
    Jan 11, 2010
    I am sixty but this is a real life adult show. The scripts are great and the actors just perfect. Keep em coming.
  9. SoniaC
    Jan 11, 2010
    I am a femaile, I must say though that this show is so.... REAL. That I took the time and effort to find a venue (here) to express this, is a biggie! I pronosticate that this will be a long running show, it should be. Congrats!
  10. BobS
    Jan 2, 2010
    Refreshing, funny, real.
  11. NormanC.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Love the show. Each show brings further depth to each character. Last nights concerning the Big Brother program was especially interesting. I'll keep watching.
  12. Asher
    Jan 4, 2010
    It was pretty interesting. Well worth the time!
  13. EdwardA
    Jan 5, 2010
    The last 7 minutes of episode 5 sealed the deal for me. Currently my favourite new show of the season. Andre Braugher is exceptionally good in his role.
  14. BruceH
    Jan 6, 2010
    As a 65 year old retired educator, I have sen ALOT OF TV. This is a smart, clever, articulate program with fine acting throughout the cast. Perhaps, this program is geared toward adults (no offense to the under 30 age group), who know what it is like to "slave on" in life with its "Are you kidding me?" moments. The show is a snapshot of midlife and what that MIGHT mean. Smart tv is unusual.
  15. PatriciaM
    Jan 6, 2010
    Only new show I cannot miss. It just gets better every week.
  16. KevinJ.
    Feb 2, 2010
    Super Show. Excellent writing. Not many venues portray real-life situations for men in their 40-50's. Just the right balance of tension and successes to make it work very well. This is my new #1 on TV.
  17. AndyR
    Dec 16, 2009
    This show hits home in some ways, I like the way the characters deal with shortcommings through their freindship, I hope TNT gives this show a chance and doesn't panic and pull the plug...
  18. BrandonS
    Dec 7, 2009
    The pilot was pretty good, and I anticipate that this will get better and better. Andre Braugher, the best actor EVER, and Scott Bakula together on one show? No doubt about it, it's a dream cast. It's Romano's show, and he does a good job, but it's his co-stars that are going to elevate this to the next level.
  19. LISAH
    Dec 8, 2009
    finally a show with depth truth warmth AND reality well written and great actors THIS is what viewers want and TV needs.i just hope they don't cancel it before it has a chance to catch on-please keep it!!!
  20. carolt
    Jan 11, 2010
    Best new show in ions. New, fresh, and believable. Very entertaining.
  21. BrentT
    Jan 12, 2010
    Love the show, witty. Good balance of humor/drama. Middle aged men need something relateable. This is it. Hope it has great success.
  22. HavB
    Jan 13, 2010
    Good show, that delivers fresh and heartfelt looks at what other shows often make seem mundane. Each character is developed to a level whereby the show could focus on on of the three and you wouldn't feel as though you'd been cheated. Andre Braugher makes you root for his character, his plight, his fight, and his conviction. Ray, is simply Ray, and the quirkyness comes through Good show, that delivers fresh and heartfelt looks at what other shows often make seem mundane. Each character is developed to a level whereby the show could focus on on of the three and you wouldn't feel as though you'd been cheated. Andre Braugher makes you root for his character, his plight, his fight, and his conviction. Ray, is simply Ray, and the quirkyness comes through as you will remember it. Scott Bakula is the least developed of the characters, portraying a shallow womanizer, with deep seeded committment issues, but his role as the other straight man to Braugher's character coupled with his capacity to get into sticky situations rounds out the cast. I enjoy watching the show and there will always be MB/GB available on my DVR for the next episode. Expand
  23. JaniceB
    Jan 2, 2010
    I love the various prospective
  24. RyanD
    Jan 27, 2010
    Funny, insightful, and well-acted - that rare kind of show that hits on all cylinders.
  25. JOHNR
    Jan 6, 2010
    This is a great show about three old college buddies coming of age - middle age.Filled with low-key humour, affection for each other and struggling to hold on to what they once had.
  26. LisaD
    Jan 8, 2010
    Excellent writing; wonderful acting. My husband and I laugh out loud at this show! The way they talk to each other reminds me of how my husband and his friends talk about things! I hope people find out about this show so it will stay on....
  27. JonathanC
    Dec 22, 2009
    For people who are looking for another Everybody Likes Raymond type show, it might take a while to get used to it. It has its own beat, its own rhythm. At times is somber, and times its frickin hilarious. You will like this show if you don't compare it to Romano's last one.
  28. DonT
    Jan 11, 2010
    Very thought provoking with well placed wit. This show truly hits home with real, working, middle class adults. Makes you think and provides good chuckles.
  29. PhilB
    Jan 11, 2010
    Personally love this show, i really thought it was going to be another dumbed down american sitcom when i first heard of it. Glad to say it surprised the hell out of me with it's honesty and depth. Great writing, please keep it coming.
  30. KathyW
    Jan 12, 2010
    It seems like it is an honest view of the men's world. It is funny and poignant at the same time. Great acting by Andre B and Ray R. Keeps me interested.

1. It's a midlife triumph, a series that takes a well-worn theme and makes it unpredictable, freshly funny, and sometimes moving.
  2. The Hollywood Reporter
    Reviewed by: Barry Garron
    Those who gravitate to this engaging show will be rewarded with the kind of substantial, thoughtful fare more often reserved for theater audiences. Plus, there are outstanding performances.
  3. Although Romano is the keystone of the group, it is very much an ensemble drama buoyed by writing that protects the characters from the perils of self-pity and self-indulgence with quick and gentle humor and plot points that capture the forces a middle-aged, middle-class man might actually battle.