• Network: TNT
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. ShirleyD
    Dec 8, 2009
    Slow moving, and not the calibar of "Everybody Loves Raymond", but I hope it will get better.
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    As a man in my late 20s I can still relate to a show about men in their late 40s. This is a quality dramedy that feels very sincere every episode. The characters are very well acted and I enjoyed it until the end.
  3. MeredithK
    Jan 5, 2010
    I just watched 4 episodes back to back. Brilliantly written and acted, realistic and poetic at the same time. Absolutely stellar.
  4. BillW
    Jan 5, 2010
    As a man of this certain age, I felt this show came far short of the promise its characters and plot could have delivered. The totally unnecessary focus on making sure every episode was liberally greased with imature profanity took the edge of a potentially good series. Very disappointing and sophomoric. All these actors are above such tactics. No men I know still sprinkle their language As a man of this certain age, I felt this show came far short of the promise its characters and plot could have delivered. The totally unnecessary focus on making sure every episode was liberally greased with imature profanity took the edge of a potentially good series. Very disappointing and sophomoric. All these actors are above such tactics. No men I know still sprinkle their language with teeny-bopper cussing. Really sad that the writers thought they had to aim so low to sell the series. Expand
  5. AdamB
    Jan 5, 2010
    Never thought I would be so excited about a show starring Ray Romano. This performance surpassed every episode I ever saw of his sit-com. Great acting, script and camera!
  6. PattiG
    Dec 8, 2009
    I loved it. It was well worth the wait. Excited to see what happens next week. Ray shines.
  7. EdwardS
    Jan 11, 2010
    I am sixty but this is a real life adult show. The scripts are great and the actors just perfect. Keep em coming.
  8. SoniaC
    Jan 11, 2010
    I am a femaile, I must say though that this show is so.... REAL. That I took the time and effort to find a venue (here) to express this, is a biggie! I pronosticate that this will be a long running show, it should be. Congrats!
  9. BobS
    Jan 2, 2010
    Refreshing, funny, real.
  10. NormanC.
    Jan 28, 2010
    Love the show. Each show brings further depth to each character. Last nights concerning the Big Brother program was especially interesting. I'll keep watching.
  11. Asher
    Jan 4, 2010
    It was pretty interesting. Well worth the time!
  12. EdwardA
    Jan 5, 2010
    The last 7 minutes of episode 5 sealed the deal for me. Currently my favourite new show of the season. Andre Braugher is exceptionally good in his role.
  13. BruceH
    Jan 6, 2010
    As a 65 year old retired educator, I have sen ALOT OF TV. This is a smart, clever, articulate program with fine acting throughout the cast. Perhaps, this program is geared toward adults (no offense to the under 30 age group), who know what it is like to "slave on" in life with its "Are you kidding me?" moments. The show is a snapshot of midlife and what that MIGHT mean. Smart tv is unusual.
  14. PatriciaM
    Jan 6, 2010
    Only new show I cannot miss. It just gets better every week.
  15. KevinJ.
    Feb 2, 2010
    Super Show. Excellent writing. Not many venues portray real-life situations for men in their 40-50's. Just the right balance of tension and successes to make it work very well. This is my new #1 on TV.
  16. AndyR
    Dec 16, 2009
    This show hits home in some ways, I like the way the characters deal with shortcommings through their freindship, I hope TNT gives this show a chance and doesn't panic and pull the plug...
  17. BrandonS
    Dec 7, 2009
    The pilot was pretty good, and I anticipate that this will get better and better. Andre Braugher, the best actor EVER, and Scott Bakula together on one show? No doubt about it, it's a dream cast. It's Romano's show, and he does a good job, but it's his co-stars that are going to elevate this to the next level.
  18. LISAH
    Dec 8, 2009
    finally a show with depth truth warmth AND reality well written and great actors THIS is what viewers want and TV needs.i just hope they don't cancel it before it has a chance to catch on-please keep it!!!
  19. carolt
    Jan 11, 2010
    Best new show in ions. New, fresh, and believable. Very entertaining.
  20. AnnieK
    Jan 10, 2010
    I was looking forward to this but am probably through with it. Sorry, but I just can't like Andre Braugher. And Ray Romano's "yeah...okay...that's what I want to say" delivery gets tired. Scott B's character is really the only one I like. And I agree with an earlier post -- back off on the unnecessary foul language. I'm not a prude either, and if the word fits, I was looking forward to this but am probably through with it. Sorry, but I just can't like Andre Braugher. And Ray Romano's "yeah...okay...that's what I want to say" delivery gets tired. Scott B's character is really the only one I like. And I agree with an earlier post -- back off on the unnecessary foul language. I'm not a prude either, and if the word fits, fine, but otherwise leave it out. On the other hand, the show pretty much puts me to sleep and I probably won't watch again. Sorry. Expand
  21. BrentT
    Jan 12, 2010
    Love the show, witty. Good balance of humor/drama. Middle aged men need something relateable. This is it. Hope it has great success.
  22. HavB
    Jan 13, 2010
    Good show, that delivers fresh and heartfelt looks at what other shows often make seem mundane. Each character is developed to a level whereby the show could focus on on of the three and you wouldn't feel as though you'd been cheated. Andre Braugher makes you root for his character, his plight, his fight, and his conviction. Ray, is simply Ray, and the quirkyness comes through Good show, that delivers fresh and heartfelt looks at what other shows often make seem mundane. Each character is developed to a level whereby the show could focus on on of the three and you wouldn't feel as though you'd been cheated. Andre Braugher makes you root for his character, his plight, his fight, and his conviction. Ray, is simply Ray, and the quirkyness comes through as you will remember it. Scott Bakula is the least developed of the characters, portraying a shallow womanizer, with deep seeded committment issues, but his role as the other straight man to Braugher's character coupled with his capacity to get into sticky situations rounds out the cast. I enjoy watching the show and there will always be MB/GB available on my DVR for the next episode. Expand
  23. JaniceB
    Jan 2, 2010
    I love the various prospective
  24. RyanD
    Jan 27, 2010
    Funny, insightful, and well-acted - that rare kind of show that hits on all cylinders.
  25. NancyM.d
    Jan 29, 2010
    The show started out pretty good until the last few weeks when the humor and the language got bad.You had every opportunity to have a show that everyone could watch but then you had to use foul language and sexual content to ruin it.I can't recommend this show to anyone and can't watch it and longer.
  26. JOHNR
    Jan 6, 2010
    This is a great show about three old college buddies coming of age - middle age.Filled with low-key humour, affection for each other and struggling to hold on to what they once had.
  27. JimL
    Jan 8, 2010
    I triied to love this show.I think it's a slower move show.I'll give it one more try.
  28. LisaD
    Jan 8, 2010
    Excellent writing; wonderful acting. My husband and I laugh out loud at this show! The way they talk to each other reminds me of how my husband and his friends talk about things! I hope people find out about this show so it will stay on....
  29. GinaJ
    Dec 16, 2009
    Lame ! Why did they have to say d*ck every other scene? It was not interesting nor funny. That they are trying to pass as not yet 50 is a joke as well.... They all look tired and sad and not many almost 50's that I know look nor act like they do. Who are they supposed to be representing anyway?
  30. JonathanC
    Dec 22, 2009
    For people who are looking for another Everybody Likes Raymond type show, it might take a while to get used to it. It has its own beat, its own rhythm. At times is somber, and times its frickin hilarious. You will like this show if you don't compare it to Romano's last one.
  31. DonT
    Jan 11, 2010
    Very thought provoking with well placed wit. This show truly hits home with real, working, middle class adults. Makes you think and provides good chuckles.
  32. PhilB
    Jan 11, 2010
    Personally love this show, i really thought it was going to be another dumbed down american sitcom when i first heard of it. Glad to say it surprised the hell out of me with it's honesty and depth. Great writing, please keep it coming.
  33. KathyW
    Jan 12, 2010
    It seems like it is an honest view of the men's world. It is funny and poignant at the same time. Great acting by Andre B and Ray R. Keeps me interested.
  34. CraigM
    Jan 13, 2010
    These three veterans wear their characters well. I expected this from Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula but Ray Romano has been a surprise. This is not the sit-com Romano. Since I am one of them, I understand these characters well.
  35. MichaelT
    Jan 26, 2010
    Great new show. Very simple, yet complex at the same time. Takes you into the lives of 3 middle-age men. Andre Braugher's character is excellent as he struggles with being a man who does not live up to his father's expectations.
  36. VeronicaL.
    Jan 29, 2010
    surprisingly great - loving it more each episode!
  37. LukeV
    Dec 16, 2009
    The pilot, while slightly slow, was still thoroughly enjoyable. However, it is the second episode that truly displays this show's heart, as well as its sense of humour. The dramatic moments were perfect, the jokes were right on the mark and the moments of triumph for the characters were tangible. This is a very original show starring three veterans of TV, and I'd wholeheartedly The pilot, while slightly slow, was still thoroughly enjoyable. However, it is the second episode that truly displays this show's heart, as well as its sense of humour. The dramatic moments were perfect, the jokes were right on the mark and the moments of triumph for the characters were tangible. This is a very original show starring three veterans of TV, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone, whether they're fans of Romano, Bakula & Braugher or not. Expand
  38. JimM
    Dec 19, 2009
    Realistic Baby Boomers in Male Mid Life Stories: At 50 myself, I readily identify with each character, especially Ray Ramono's. As a gambling addict myself, it is the mirror in the face I've needed to show how my transgressions and excuses have made my life more complicated. The three male characters all in their late 40's, offer a view of life from their own daily lives. Realistic Baby Boomers in Male Mid Life Stories: At 50 myself, I readily identify with each character, especially Ray Ramono's. As a gambling addict myself, it is the mirror in the face I've needed to show how my transgressions and excuses have made my life more complicated. The three male characters all in their late 40's, offer a view of life from their own daily lives. One in a marriage with kids, working in a used car lot for his dad who doesn't respect him, deeply in debt and no where else to turn; while he also deals with his health issues. One, single over-the-hill actor who does day work in an office setting doing spreadsheets while surfing the web and taking breaks more than he works. And, Ray Romano's character runs a small party supply store who is coming out of a marriage because of his gambling addiction, while having time-to-time problems paying his bookie. The three meet and talk around breakfast, run together, and more. This is definitely a male bonding program that has been long over due for TV. In a way, it's what the Golden Girls were to older women. Ray Ramono has done it again. I loved, "Everybody Loves Raymond", now I'm loving, "Men of a Certain Age". The show has been successful in tapping into my age group and showing the reality of what men our age go through. It's definitely a testosterone show. Enjoy! Expand
  39. JasonW
    Dec 23, 2009
    I think it is brilliant, very insightful and often hard to predict. Well done.
  40. BIllP
    Dec 30, 2009
    One fo the best new shows on television in quite a while. Insightful, thought provoking. For ONCE a show with some brains!
  41. RickD
    Dec 31, 2009
    Finally something new that doesn't have sex, crime, doctors, lawyers and reality contests as a ,central theme. Light humor with real life believable situations, especially if you're in the same age group as the characters. Romano brings something worthwhile and entertaining to the TV screen.
  42. MaryP
    Dec 15, 2009
    I love Ray Romano, but I hated this show. Not funny, not interesting, not convincing, and most annoyingly, way too strong on the use of icky language. I'm not a prude, but this was way over the top.
  43. LovellR
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm 45 and this show hits home in a major way. I'm a fan of cast (Ray, Andre & Scott)...outstanding work!
  44. Robert
    Dec 16, 2009
    Very well written and acted. It's, by turns, funny, dramatic and poignant. Hope this stays on the air long enough for it to gain a following, because it will.
  45. J.Wilson-B
    Dec 21, 2009
    I absolutely LOVE this show! This is a very telling description of the challenges that men go through when coming upon what many consider "middle age". Men of a certain age is WONDERFUL!
  46. JoeB
    Dec 28, 2009
    Great show! Never liked Ray Romano, but in this show he shines (as do his co-stars).
  47. RoseannK
    Dec 29, 2009
    The show does nothing to make you like these guys. You are not pulling for them at all because you are just annoyed with them. Many of the scenes are unrealistic and just plain contrived. I like Everybody..Raymond but give this show a thumbsdown. Poor, uncreative dialogue.
  48. Oct 12, 2010
    Great show! all three guys stand out, especially Ramano, who makes a triumphant return to television. The direction is great, and though the middle-aged theme of Men of a Certain age has been done before you get the sense that it refuses to let the show drift off into pittyville.
  49. Nov 3, 2010
    Excellent cast. Pretty much the show runs on the shoulders of these great men that play their roles perfectly. The story and roles fits them as best as they could fit an actor. Can't wait for season 2.
  50. Nov 12, 2010
    I love this show! I think there is a moral to the story to every episode and the acting is brilliant to the point that is executed of regular ordinary guys in their own unique situations of life. I am glad season 2 is coming out and I am excited. I really hope that this is one of those series that will have about 10 seasons in the future or at least 8? I was disappointed when theyI love this show! I think there is a moral to the story to every episode and the acting is brilliant to the point that is executed of regular ordinary guys in their own unique situations of life. I am glad season 2 is coming out and I am excited. I really hope that this is one of those series that will have about 10 seasons in the future or at least 8? I was disappointed when they ended Kyle XY, Sliders, Dark Angel to name a few of my favorite episodes (cancelled) but I hope that Men of a Certain Age is not going to be one of them and is here to stay for the next several years. I also watch this show because of Ray ROmano because I am used to him from everybody loves raymond. Expand
  51. Feb 11, 2011
    After the first season, I would have given this a 9, but more recently the show has begun to disappoint. Would like to see more stories involving how divorce affects the children. They are softening the Scott Bakula character up from the womanizing cad he started out as. They just have to get him into a pat, contrived romance like any other boring show. Also, I could do without the dinerAfter the first season, I would have given this a 9, but more recently the show has begun to disappoint. Would like to see more stories involving how divorce affects the children. They are softening the Scott Bakula character up from the womanizing cad he started out as. They just have to get him into a pat, contrived romance like any other boring show. Also, I could do without the diner scenes which inevitably feature Andre Brougher talking with his mouth full. This show no longer interests me as it once did. Collapse
  52. Jan 13, 2011
    Thumbs up from Sweden cuz I just love this clever show with it's brilliant actors!
    I've just turned 25 now but Ray Romano has been making me laugh since ELR, which in my opinion is the best sitcom ever made. I hope this show continues from many seasons to come.
  53. May 19, 2011
    Have just watched most of the 2nd season episodes. I liked the first season and the 2nd season is better. They've improved the dramatic pacing. But it's Ray Romano's acting which makes this show a must see. I can't think of another actor who realizes their role in such a natural, "non-actor-ly" way. I suspect that Romano never thought of himself as an actor until his sitcom, and in theHave just watched most of the 2nd season episodes. I liked the first season and the 2nd season is better. They've improved the dramatic pacing. But it's Ray Romano's acting which makes this show a must see. I can't think of another actor who realizes their role in such a natural, "non-actor-ly" way. I suspect that Romano never thought of himself as an actor until his sitcom, and in the best of ways, this is the result. I'm familiar with the world of recovering gambling addicts, and Romano's Joe feels as real to me as anyone I've met. He is just terrific and deserving of the highest accolades (which I'm sure he'll never get.) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    It's a midlife triumph, a series that takes a well-worn theme and makes it unpredictable, freshly funny, and sometimes moving.
  2. Those who gravitate to this engaging show will be rewarded with the kind of substantial, thoughtful fare more often reserved for theater audiences. Plus, there are outstanding performances.
  3. Although Romano is the keystone of the group, it is very much an ensemble drama buoyed by writing that protects the characters from the perils of self-pity and self-indulgence with quick and gentle humor and plot points that capture the forces a middle-aged, middle-class man might actually battle.