Mental : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: May 26, 2009
6.0

1. sandrac
    May 30, 2009
    It's really like a psychiatry should be!! not like house so don't compare! is another specialty please!
  2. LeslieK
    Jun 2, 2009
    Great show, being a psychology grad, it was refreshing to have a show that actually appeals to what is learned in class and isn't made up or fabricated!
  3. RayHill
    May 30, 2009
    The show may have been silly at points, but I see this as a show with huge potential and watchability.
  4. marlac
    Jun 8, 2009
    Very good show for TV - love chris vance ! slightly different fare for TV.
  5. DeniseJ.
    Aug 15, 2009
    Yes, while it has a similar feel to it as "house" (Mind you house is a VERY successful show...) it is all the same fresh and EXCITING! Some scenes make you crack up while others bring emotional turmoil and torture to your soul. We are ALWAYS wondering however, what will happen next! I pray we will be blessed with a season 2 perhaps jack will find a way to open his own clinic and snag his Yes, while it has a similar feel to it as "house" (Mind you house is a VERY successful show...) it is all the same fresh and EXCITING! Some scenes make you crack up while others bring emotional turmoil and torture to your soul. We are ALWAYS wondering however, what will happen next! I pray we will be blessed with a season 2 perhaps jack will find a way to open his own clinic and snag his previous co-workers/boss to join his team leaving the bay guy and his pharmaceutical company endorsers to fail terribly without a team who actually cares thus it's doors closing and referrals up the yang coming to Jacks team, lol. Expand
  6. JoeiJ.
    Aug 15, 2009
    My mom and I absolutely LOVE this show!!! A real nice way to relax after a hard days work and keeps our interest throughout. We are waiting and wishin' for SEASON 2 :)
  7. MaryD
    May 31, 2009
    Insultingly bad.
  8. HarryK
    Jun 19, 2009
    Chris Vance's Dr. Gallagher is a great. Veronica (Jacqueline McKenzie) seems possibly even more promising. The other two female leads and Nick Gonzalez are certainly adequate. And that's pretty much where the positives end. The dialog is mediocre and the direction and production values are laughably bad considering this is a Primetime FOX Drama. As compelling as Vance & McKenzie Chris Vance's Dr. Gallagher is a great. Veronica (Jacqueline McKenzie) seems possibly even more promising. The other two female leads and Nick Gonzalez are certainly adequate. And that's pretty much where the positives end. The dialog is mediocre and the direction and production values are laughably bad considering this is a Primetime FOX Drama. As compelling as Vance & McKenzie are, there's no way they'll be able to carry the show long-term unless the direction, dialog and production values are bettered dramatically. That said, the cast as a whole is nowhere near the quality of some of the other quirky character-driven shows, like NBC's "Life," which had an entire cast equal to or better than Vance. Also FOX's own "Lie To Me" also puts "Mental" to shame in most areas. Expand
  9. JenniferM
    Jun 2, 2009
    Great Show!! Well written - makes the viewer pay attention and think! Ner sure what is going to happen. The hour flys by! Kudos to Fox.
  10. JokieS
    Jun 2, 2009
    Stupid story lines, terrible acting, very UNSEXY "sex" scene, no connection with the characters, female hospital administrator not strong at all, ridiculous dialogue, one of the worst shows I've ever seen.
  11. JayS
    Jun 2, 2009
    House lite with a little jump the shark plot.And right from the start.
  12. GwennethS
    Jun 6, 2009
    Not good, not bad...mediocre. Another disappointment. The Mentalist and "The Unusuals" score high with me...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for possible success of the upcoming "The Philanthropist"... I miss "Life"..."Lie to Me" and "Castle"...Sure hope they make it back in the fall. I think it will be curtains for "The Listener" and "Mental".
  13. AndyA
    Jul 31, 2009
    Well I was liking Foxes new show Mental until I saw the episode, "Do Over" and it suggests reincarnation may be valid. Mental's concept of psychiatry is living in a dream world; too bad. Psychiatry doesn
  14. Dr.G.
    Aug 15, 2009
    For years I've been turning OFF the TV Give us more of this and we will tune in.
  15. AaronA.
    Aug 15, 2009
    * Yes, yes, yes! At last a show that holds my attention! Love it and look forward to seeing a whole lot more of it.
  16. ShawnM.
    Aug 15, 2009
    This show is funny as heck I laugh my booty off and really hope to see it through another season or two or three. I'm biting thanks.
  17. DianaC
    May 28, 2009
    I don't watch a lot of TV but I like this show. The doctor and hospital shows are tired. This is refreshing and fascinating for those who have an interest in psychology and the workings of the mind.
  18. DavidW
    May 28, 2009
    Starts out quirky (the naked men scene), hinting at possibilities but ultimately boring. Also, the crowd of snobby, smirking, know-it-all main characters in recent new shows like the Mentalist and Eleventh Hour are wearisome and a turn-off.
  19. RJ
    Jun 19, 2009
    As a clinical provider, this show fails by perpetuating many common misconceptions about psychiatric inpatient care.
  20. pinkfuzzydeathball
    Jun 23, 2009
    This show is great i don't see why anybody would give it a 5 out of 10.
  21. BrianS
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is a terrible HOUSE knock off, except they make a mockery (like my spelling) out of the mental heath community. Don't get me wrong it has SOME really good actors / cast. However, the writing, the LACK of complete understanding and knowledge of what a mental health wing of a hospital is really like. They portrait so many false stereo types and make it seem like Mental illnesses / This is a terrible HOUSE knock off, except they make a mockery (like my spelling) out of the mental heath community. Don't get me wrong it has SOME really good actors / cast. However, the writing, the LACK of complete understanding and knowledge of what a mental health wing of a hospital is really like. They portrait so many false stereo types and make it seem like Mental illnesses / patients just need a few hours with the right doctor, the real kind of doctor the kind that's well..... This show is so BADLY written. If they hired some real professional advisors, people in the field (take the ER template) and make it REAL-like. This- what they are making now is a cross between the absurdity of "SCRUBS" and the UN-REALISM of "24". Save an hour every week and go read a book or watch Re-Runs of the Mentalist all summer! Expand
  22. KathyK.
    Jul 18, 2009
    I really enjoy this show as much as The Mentalist and Castle. I certainly hope they bring it back. I know it is not realistic, but Dr. Gallagher's character is very entertaining.
  23. RandylK
    Jul 25, 2009
    Isn't anyone bothered by the sound effects in the segue clip going into commercials? What does the elevator ding have to do with anything on the show other than the very sick joke of "their elevator doesn't go all of the way to the top".

It's a stubbornly mediocre product that really, really, really wants to be "House" in a hospital psych ward.
    Gallagher's played by Chris Vance ("Prison Break"), who tries to overcome the cheesy script with a British accent and a little dignity. He fails.
  3. Mental's plots are trite and secondary to establishing Gallagher as a policy-defying Brit who says ''Bang on!'' to express enthusiasm.