Mental : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: May 26, 2009
6.0

1. sandrac
    May 30, 2009
    It's really like a psychiatry should be!! not like house so don't compare! is another specialty please!
  2. LeslieK
    Jun 2, 2009
    Great show, being a psychology grad, it was refreshing to have a show that actually appeals to what is learned in class and isn't made up or fabricated!
  3. RayHill
    May 30, 2009
    The show may have been silly at points, but I see this as a show with huge potential and watchability.
  4. marlac
    Jun 8, 2009
    Very good show for TV - love chris vance ! slightly different fare for TV.
  5. DeniseJ.
    Aug 15, 2009
    Yes, while it has a similar feel to it as "house" (Mind you house is a VERY successful show...) it is all the same fresh and EXCITING! Some scenes make you crack up while others bring emotional turmoil and torture to your soul. We are ALWAYS wondering however, what will happen next! I pray we will be blessed with a season 2 perhaps jack will find a way to open his own clinic and snag his Yes, while it has a similar feel to it as "house" (Mind you house is a VERY successful show...) it is all the same fresh and EXCITING! Some scenes make you crack up while others bring emotional turmoil and torture to your soul. We are ALWAYS wondering however, what will happen next! I pray we will be blessed with a season 2 perhaps jack will find a way to open his own clinic and snag his previous co-workers/boss to join his team leaving the bay guy and his pharmaceutical company endorsers to fail terribly without a team who actually cares thus it's doors closing and referrals up the yang coming to Jacks team, lol. Expand
  6. JoeiJ.
    Aug 15, 2009
    My mom and I absolutely LOVE this show!!! A real nice way to relax after a hard days work and keeps our interest throughout. We are waiting and wishin' for SEASON 2 :)
  7. JenniferM
    Jun 2, 2009
    Great Show!! Well written - makes the viewer pay attention and think! Ner sure what is going to happen. The hour flys by! Kudos to Fox.
  8. Dr.G.
    Aug 15, 2009
    For years I've been turning OFF the TV Give us more of this and we will tune in.
  9. AaronA.
    Aug 15, 2009
    * Yes, yes, yes! At last a show that holds my attention! Love it and look forward to seeing a whole lot more of it.
  10. ShawnM.
    Aug 15, 2009
    This show is funny as heck I laugh my booty off and really hope to see it through another season or two or three. I'm biting thanks.
  11. DianaC
    May 28, 2009
    I don't watch a lot of TV but I like this show. The doctor and hospital shows are tired. This is refreshing and fascinating for those who have an interest in psychology and the workings of the mind.
  12. pinkfuzzydeathball
    Jun 23, 2009
    This show is great i don't see why anybody would give it a 5 out of 10.
  13. KathyK.
    Jul 18, 2009
    I really enjoy this show as much as The Mentalist and Castle. I certainly hope they bring it back. I know it is not realistic, but Dr. Gallagher's character is very entertaining.

It's a stubbornly mediocre product that really, really, really wants to be "House" in a hospital psych ward.
    Gallagher's played by Chris Vance ("Prison Break"), who tries to overcome the cheesy script with a British accent and a little dignity. He fails.
  3. Mental's plots are trite and secondary to establishing Gallagher as a policy-defying Brit who says ''Bang on!'' to express enthusiasm.