• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
6.4

Sep 23, 2009
    This has to be one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Boring, predictable, poorly written, stiffly acted, treating alcoholism and cancer as jokes... So bad.
  2. PaulP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    The problem is: they didn't have enough faith in the medical drama to avoid resulting to Grey's Anatomy "who's hopping in to bed with who" soap. So you get a half hour setting up the medical issues and then they're almost completely forgotten while one nurse runs into the doctor she cheated on her husband with and another one hops in to bed with an undercover police The problem is: they didn't have enough faith in the medical drama to avoid resulting to Grey's Anatomy "who's hopping in to bed with who" soap. So you get a half hour setting up the medical issues and then they're almost completely forgotten while one nurse runs into the doctor she cheated on her husband with and another one hops in to bed with an undercover police officer she's known for two or 3 days. Mercy can't decide what it wants to be. It won't glamour up it's nurses because it wants to be seen as real, but - since it's banking on the soap - it means it's only potential audience is women who want to slobber over it's men. But, since the show is about the nurses, the men aren't on the screen long enough to keep women's interest. I can't see how Mercy is going to succeed. Not a bad show, but not worth putting on the calendar. Expand
  3. AleahH.
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show was way better then I thought it was going to be. I can't wait for next week.
  4. MariaL.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really enjoyed this show, a bit too soapy for my tatse. But i liked the story line from the nurses perspective.
  5. LuciaT.M.
    Sep 25, 2009
    I liked it! I wish they didn't have so much violent action interspersed with so many commercials tho. It made it hard to follow. We'll be watching next week...& going to eat at Olive Garden to show support!
  6. PatM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Fabulous show, well written with great acting by Taylor Schilling and cast.
  7. SuzanneG.
    Sep 26, 2009
    I am an ER nurse myself and I found the majority of the show way out of line in several instances. I would not want the public to think that real nurses act this stupid and "high school." The scene at the bar was just too much. Nurses are professionals who act a lot better than this group. And the doctor pulling the nurse into the closet was Sooooooo obviously done for effect and ratings I am an ER nurse myself and I found the majority of the show way out of line in several instances. I would not want the public to think that real nurses act this stupid and "high school." The scene at the bar was just too much. Nurses are professionals who act a lot better than this group. And the doctor pulling the nurse into the closet was Sooooooo obviously done for effect and ratings or something but even my husband turned to me and said nurses don't do this.......Please.......create a show that shows what nurses REALLY are like. There is plenty of drama in what goes on every day. Don't insult us like that. Expand
  8. RachelF.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Horrible! Nothing redeeming to say about it.
  9. JamesL.
    Sep 29, 2009
    Okay, we get it. Schilling's character was in Iraq. It was annoying how they kept mentioning it. Plus the senior nurses seemed really cold when they turned off the life support of one of their patients. Besides that though Trachtenberg's character is really likable and well played and I saw enough "good" in everybody else to come back next week. The show does need some Okay, we get it. Schilling's character was in Iraq. It was annoying how they kept mentioning it. Plus the senior nurses seemed really cold when they turned off the life support of one of their patients. Besides that though Trachtenberg's character is really likable and well played and I saw enough "good" in everybody else to come back next week. The show does need some improvement but it did just start. Expand
  10. JohnM.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Terrible show. Unbelievably boring.
  11. RebekahM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    lame series, I don't think they consulted anyone who actually has every worked in a hospital or seen one, I can't tell if these ladies work on a unit or in the ER??? stupid story lines as well, the medical issues are sappy. nothing intelligent or worthwhile. I feel embarrassed as an RN as I feel this represents us poorly.
  12. MarkG
    Oct 17, 2009
    I've been a nurse for >4 yrs, & I have to say though plenty far fetched, still refreshing compared to MD focused shows with doctors starting IVs-ha! I get enough of real life nursing at work. They have to make it dramatized or no one would watch it and there wouldn't be any fictional nursing shows. Seems like no one will ever be happy with the depiction of RNs in medical shows, I've been a nurse for >4 yrs, & I have to say though plenty far fetched, still refreshing compared to MD focused shows with doctors starting IVs-ha! I get enough of real life nursing at work. They have to make it dramatized or no one would watch it and there wouldn't be any fictional nursing shows. Seems like no one will ever be happy with the depiction of RNs in medical shows, but in the meantime, I have to say I'm liking the new nursing shows. Expand
  13. CarliN
    Oct 20, 2009
    Awesome show! It speaks and tell to US what is truly happening in our Country and world, however, sadly, the sheep may not watch. Just like the last 8 years. G-d bless our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the world. peacE!
  14. JamesM
    Oct 22, 2009
    I have read every single rating on here so far, and I am astounded at the criticalness of most of them. If I wanted to watch a real ER I would go sit in the waiting room. This show is funny, witty, and dramatic all at the same time. If this show is canceled, I will NEVER watch NBC's new shows again!!! This and Trauma are the only new shows on TV that I am even watching this season!!
  15. MicheleR
    Oct 25, 2009
    This is one of the best shows on TV --- it's storyline is different enought to keep me interested - MUCH better than those boring CSI/Law & Order/NCIS shows which are all alike. I am excited about the characters and love the newly developing plots.
  16. Jennifer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Love this show. I hate the opening, very lame but the show is really good. I also love the return home from war. Makes the show current.
  17. MarliseL
    Nov 1, 2009
    Really enjoy this show. A good escape from reality and I enjoy sappy and sentimental so I enjoy the story lines very much.
  18. BrianS
    Nov 4, 2009
    Very, very interesting... For most of my life, as a teenager, my mom was a ER fanatic- watching the series, getting the whole family to watch it, etc. I know what ER did and I know what other hospital dramas were like because I also sen episodes from Grey's Anatomy and House. I, included my mother was devastated when ER was ending, my mother was excited when an ER replacement was all Very, very interesting... For most of my life, as a teenager, my mom was a ER fanatic- watching the series, getting the whole family to watch it, etc. I know what ER did and I know what other hospital dramas were like because I also sen episodes from Grey's Anatomy and House. I, included my mother was devastated when ER was ending, my mother was excited when an ER replacement was all the buzz in the news about NBC. (She also is a major fan of Law and Order SVU). I missed about half of the pilot for mercy (I don't have much respect for that show, so I have little care over proper punctuation), but I asked my mom for plot details and looked up and read plenty of reviews of this show, and it seems, like a heaping pile of filler-show. I guessed the missed plot details correctly. From the fragmented dialogue and plot, the stereotypes of all male doctors, all female (included the exception of the only gay guy whom acts like a women, so you can count the man as a female), too much drama over little things, and the patients also being stereotyped. If NBC thought we, the viewers of the USA, will eat such trash like the lies of the Inner Party in George Orwell's "1984", they should think again. Never eat trash- its bad for the soul and you'll loose your ability to think. Expand
  19. dl
    Nov 5, 2009
    The 3 main female characters are interestingly flawed. Sure it's a soap opera, but it has a gritty feel that lets me identify with the cast.
  20. LindaS
    Nov 6, 2009
    I watched a few Mercy shows, but simply can not get into it. The show is too much like a night time soap opera centered around the lives of the main hospital characters. Plus the characters are not believable. Good characters make the show. I thought it would be more drama filled with actual hospital cases and how they are resolved. If this one returns next season I will be surprised.
  21. ChristinaD
    Nov 15, 2009
    This is one of the best shows to come out this year. It may be starting out a little rocky, but it is in it's first season. I expect a lot from this show... don't lose faith yet!!!
  22. BethanyJ
    Nov 17, 2009
    I love this show! It has a great cast and it's light-hearted. I'm so tired of all the heavy dramas that are on TV. I don't care if it may be cheesy or unrealistic. It's the perfect fluff show and I can't get enough of it. The world has enough depressing crap in it as it is, I like to get away and watch a fun show like this.
  23. SARAHB
    Dec 14, 2009
    Great show!!! It's about time there's a show about a woman torn between her profession, her insane alcoholic family, herself, her past (war), two lovers Her life is real..tragic and humorous all in a matter of moments. If this show was about a male soldier grappling with "normality" upon returning from war --it would be hailed as genius. ..This show is blue collar, not boston Great show!!! It's about time there's a show about a woman torn between her profession, her insane alcoholic family, herself, her past (war), two lovers Her life is real..tragic and humorous all in a matter of moments. If this show was about a male soldier grappling with "normality" upon returning from war --it would be hailed as genius. ..This show is blue collar, not boston ivy league surgeons and doesn't have profound VO to mask the melodrama... or maybe people don't take post traumatic syndrome by female soldiers seriously..so maybe this show is ahead of it's time..Keep this show on.. and take us to the war -in her head and the one we still fighting... Expand
  24. KeishaB
    Dec 17, 2009
    Horrible acting, horrible dialogue, horrible story line. Overdone Nurse drama, already done in Hawthorne and Nurse Jackie and the latter beats the pants off the other two several times a day. Mercy and Hawthorne are basically tantamount to the clones in Michael Keaton's multiplicity with each successive one getting stupider. I keep trying to watch it to see the spark that Horrible acting, horrible dialogue, horrible story line. Overdone Nurse drama, already done in Hawthorne and Nurse Jackie and the latter beats the pants off the other two several times a day. Mercy and Hawthorne are basically tantamount to the clones in Michael Keaton's multiplicity with each successive one getting stupider. I keep trying to watch it to see the spark that other's rave about, but come away feeling the same. Just Horrible. Expand
  25. LizJ
    Jan 3, 2010
    This was the worst TV show I have ever seen other than "Cop Rock" from the 80's. A terrible way to discredit healthcare professionals, and Army nurses, who work so hard to gain respect!!! What a waste of an hour. Who is going to give me back the hour of my life I wasted on that crap of a show?!?!?!
  26. AdrianaR
    Jan 6, 2010
    This show is terrible. A "Grey's Anatomy" wannabe. It's ridiculous!

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    There's no reason to pile on here, but this show needed many more months of gestation before getting thrown to the wolves.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Grading on a curve amid TV's viral nurse outbreak, the series proves more engaging than "Hawthorne" and less dour than "Nurse Jackie." Initially, though, it just doesn't quite possess the requisite spark that would leave people begging for Mercy.
  3. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    Ultimately, despite an attempt to raw up the scene with topical war references, Mercy ends up being just another hospital soap opera that audiences have seen, and seen done better.