• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.2

1. Oct 17, 2010
    Melissa McCarthy's talent is squandered here by writing that is simply not funny. Her talents (so well displayed on "Gilmore Girls" and "Samantha Who?") are deserving of something much better than this.
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    Based on my admiration for Melissa McCarthy I decided to check out the first season, and no. Couldn't make it through a single episode. there may be better ones than the one I started but just no. There's no way I'm using my time for that. In my estimation it's just background noise for people who never turn the television off (typical of the genre). Enjoyed McCarthy in BridesmaidsBased on my admiration for Melissa McCarthy I decided to check out the first season, and no. Couldn't make it through a single episode. there may be better ones than the one I started but just no. There's no way I'm using my time for that. In my estimation it's just background noise for people who never turn the television off (typical of the genre). Enjoyed McCarthy in Bridesmaids and the most recent SNL. Hopefully they'll revamp the show to feature her doing something that allows her to work closer to level ten than at the muted level two she's coasting at. 3/10 Expand
  3. Nov 4, 2012
    Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell both have some appeal as actors and deserve a decent vehicle for their talents. This isn't it. There are some really endearing moments between the two of them, and their romance sometimes transcends the sloppy material, but the writing is for the most part abysmal, saturated with overbaked fat jokes and typical sitcom clichés. In an attempt to beMelissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell both have some appeal as actors and deserve a decent vehicle for their talents. This isn't it. There are some really endearing moments between the two of them, and their romance sometimes transcends the sloppy material, but the writing is for the most part abysmal, saturated with overbaked fat jokes and typical sitcom clichés. In an attempt to be edgy and distinguish themselves from the vast body of homogeneous 'family sitcoms,' 'Mike and Molly' also stoops to new lows of unfunny smuttiness, with constant references to people's "Johnsons," "weiners," "sausages," and "junk," not to mention the requisite b**bs, a*ses, b*lls, diarrhea, farts, erectile dyfunction and countless euphemisms for sex (such as "a trip to the boneyard"). While Mike and Molly between them draw some genuine sweetness from a wasteland of material, Swoosie Kurtz is meant for better things. She never says anything that isn't a lame joke, which she delivers in a brassy monotone while gazing innocently into middle distance. This is not dry, sophisticated comedy. It's Lucille Ball Lite. I don't understand why Katy Mixon (as Molly's sister 'Victoria') squeezes her lines out in a contrived baby voice with a faux-Southern twang, and why she hams it up to the point of idiocy. Few of the actors in this laboured show understand the comic power of subtlety. Despite this, it will probably be on the air indefinitely. A lot of people seem to like 'Mike and Molly," presumably the same audience that keeps 'Two and a Half Men' on the air. Expand
  4. Sep 8, 2011
    A typically unoriginal and unfunny sitcom from the States. The characters are kind of likeable, but not likeable enough that I can forgive the poor script writing.
  5. Apr 5, 2013
    First of all, this show is blatant and insulting pandering to the midwest audience (everyone is fat in Peoria, right?). Second, it is yet another ripoff of The Honeymooners. Ralph Cramden, the dumb but affable blue-collar average joe, has been played by Fred Flintstone, Kevin James, Jim Belushi and others.

Apparently, the creators of this show think a clever twist is to have the wife

Apparently, the creators of this show think a clever twist is to have the wife not hot like the others (WIlma Flintstone, Audrey Meadows, Leah Remini, Courtney Thorne-Smith), but also fat. Yeah, amazing idea.

The writing kind of essential for a comedy is just bad But what I find most offensive is that promo shot CBS keeps running with the lead character husband in an old-fashioned cop uniform (could this scream regular guy Ralph Cramden any louder And. "Oh look and my big strong working guy hero husband!!" to pander to the women views). Of course CBS tries to appeal to both women and men by having the husbands' point of view be crude (cliche) and the wife be sweet and smarter (because all husbands on tv are dumb and their wives are smart to appease the idiot viewers who would really like to believe this. This is just like the reverse tv reality where men slobs beg for sex from their hot wives when in our real world all the women are fat and no husbands want to touch them.

Bad tv sitcoms- most of the shows out there now can't be clever, so they just offer alternate reality pandering to the not-so-bright masses.
  6. Sep 22, 2010
    This show was awful. It was poorly written, poorly acted and poorly conceived. CBS panders to the lowest common denominator of the American public. I'm not saying that television networks shouldn't cater to their audience, but CBS is all to willing to sacrifice quality so it can appeal to the most amount of people.
    TV and the cinema are like our ambassadors to the rest of the civilized
    TV and the cinema are like our ambassadors to the rest of the civilized world. If you go to another country and ask the average viewer of American television what they think Americans are actually like, you will find that most of them believe that all the women are beautiful and in control while the men are lazy, stupid and sometimes fat. The reason for this perception is garbage that is on TV now.
    I get it, the networks are scared because they have less viewers now due to the internet and a myriad of other forms of entertainment. But if they keep dumbing down TV, people will become what they see. Don't watch Mike and Molly.
  7. Oct 28, 2010
    The terms "feculent" and "sophomoric" immediately jump to mind. CBS is clearly pandering to a target audience of mentally challenged fifth graders with fetishes for scatological based humor. If jokes about bodily functions are what you find funny, this show should be right up your alley... pun intended. If your I.Q. is above triple digits, run don't walk, to the remote control if thisThe terms "feculent" and "sophomoric" immediately jump to mind. CBS is clearly pandering to a target audience of mentally challenged fifth graders with fetishes for scatological based humor. If jokes about bodily functions are what you find funny, this show should be right up your alley... pun intended. If your I.Q. is above triple digits, run don't walk, to the remote control if this comes on TV. Expand
  8. May 16, 2011
    This was a catastrophe. We get it, they're fat. You don't need to smear it in. All their jokes involve weight, no humour about their situation, just "Ha, you're fat!" And they want a second season of this?
  9. Jul 20, 2013
    I had watched the first four episodes of this show when I got this season as a gift, I didn't laugh out loud even once. There was one joke that made me chuckle and that joke was from a guest star. This is just awful, its just all fat jokes, just please put this off the air.

1. Mike & Molly may not at first seem to offer much (other, that is, than streams of fat jokes), but it boasts a cast with distinctive looks and a capacity to deliver quick comedic jabs that can make you howl. That these come unexpectedly in the midst of endless gross clatter is one of those mysteries of the creative process best not to dwell upon.
    Underneath the crude humor, there's a sweetness and an honesty to the show. The duo's struggle with weight is believable.
    While many of the weight jokes are very funny, there are a few too many of them. Still, what matters most for the show's future health is that it does not define Mike and Molly as "fat." They're nice, normal, relatable people who eat too much and want to eat less.