• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 16, 2013
6.0

1. Feb 1, 2014
    I was wanting to like this, was wanting to hear something a bit more substantial. Instead after what seemed like a 10 minute rant on how he kicked a boxers ass in a nightclub, I couldn't stand what was, in collaboration with a fawning audience, just a glorification of brutal violence. I just felt pity for the guy. I didn't want to watch past about 53 minutes. Still a thug at heart and II was wanting to like this, was wanting to hear something a bit more substantial. Instead after what seemed like a 10 minute rant on how he kicked a boxers ass in a nightclub, I couldn't stand what was, in collaboration with a fawning audience, just a glorification of brutal violence. I just felt pity for the guy. I didn't want to watch past about 53 minutes. Still a thug at heart and I was hoping he would redeem himself to a certain degree. Expand
  2. Jun 15, 2014
    Should have been to Denmark but canceled for the 2nd time, wrote a email to ask why but no answer, so bad and lousy from a so called champ and his manager or who is in charge, yes I am disapointed, we have so rarely a chance to see big former personalities.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 20, 2013
    The anecdotes slam into each other with a punch-drunk indifference--but director Spike Lee's style is a series of swift jabs. [18 Nov 2013, p.47]
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Nov 18, 2013
    Lee directs the film in a way that spotlights Tyson’s humor and a degree of articulation that probably still surprises a lot of people.
  3. Reviewed by: Josh Modell
    Nov 15, 2013
    Here, he proves himself a solid entertainer with a fascinating story, but never comes across as fully believable, as if he’s actually sharing the whole story.