Mind Control with Derren Brown : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 26, 2007
7.8

1. TKD
    Jul 28, 2007
    A man so honest about his dishonesty that simply watching him go about his work is like a sinsiter artform. Clever and funny, this is a show i could watch again and again, whilst Derren laughs at us all with that huge, mind-reading brain of his. Is it misdirection? Or magic? Or showmanship? The answer is all and none, and woe betide anyone who tries to figure it out.
  2. JohnF
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mind Control with Derren Brown is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I had read about Brown before and seen some clips on the internet, but to see an entire show of his.....I don't even know what to call them, as they aren't really "tricks" or "stunts," is just not to be believed. I will definitely be watching every episode of this fascinating series.
  3. SeanB
    Jul 28, 2007
    Derren Brown is great he does this live as well just to show he doesn't go around 100 time intil he gets it rite but he does get it wrong sometime like every one
  4. FinalCountdown
    Sep 3, 2007
    Kudos to civik's post. Job vs. DB what a duel that would be. On to Derren Brown, the show is fascinating and though some of his mind tricks are obvious to me (defeating the chess players) the majority are great fun to decipher. I enjoy when he shows his failures too. I'm sure women would love to hang around this guy and part of that is his schtick...his voice and demeanor works Kudos to civik's post. Job vs. DB what a duel that would be. On to Derren Brown, the show is fascinating and though some of his mind tricks are obvious to me (defeating the chess players) the majority are great fun to decipher. I enjoy when he shows his failures too. I'm sure women would love to hang around this guy and part of that is his schtick...his voice and demeanor works like a vampire upon his victims. He "controls" the talk and occupies people's minds with his talk so he can manipulate them. Though I'm not sure it was on the series (I haven't seen all the shows), the heist caper he pulls off is amazing and disturbing...luckily only a few in his complex hypnosis fell for it. The manipulation of the marketing guys by manipulating the street they drove on was classic. I fear he will run out of material though...not sure how long he can keep it up. Better than Chris Angel (who I'd give a 6 to), and a great learning experience for those who watch. Expand
  5. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Entertaining. I never remember to watch it, but I confess when I find it's on, I sit through the entire show.
  6. civik
    Jul 29, 2007
    I keep thinking of Job from Arrested Development when I see him. I keep expecting "The Final Countdown" to begin playing at any time
  7. CiaranG.
    Aug 1, 2007
    So good it has put me off the idea of Christianity! If Derren Brown can do it, then Jesus could have fooled us back then too1
  8. RobA
    Aug 21, 2007
    This show is simply amazing. His books are astounding as well. This is a must see series and something that you don't want to miss.
  9. JoshuaR.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Derren Brown is an extraordinary talent. With an increasingly inventive and shocking repertoire of illusions, he is surely the dark overlord of
  10. QuennF
    brilliant!

It works largely because his victims are the ones doing the work, offering body language clues, lapping up subliminal messages, and proving their capacity for distraction.
    The stunts (or whatever they're called) Brown performs, especially on tough, cynical New Yorkers, are hilarious and astounding.
  3. Mr. Brown has bought into something real: our childlike joy in being fooled.