• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 1, 2013
  • Season #: 1
8.2

1. Dec 4, 2013
    A fantastic show nothing short of amazing. Really captures the feel of film noir. The acting is also very good. I love mafia series and this one has got to be the best I've seen so far. It also has some mystery elements behind it. It is a long premeire with a 2 hour and 11 minute runtime but its a great worthwhile watch. I just wish it was a whole series rather than a mini series because aA fantastic show nothing short of amazing. Really captures the feel of film noir. The acting is also very good. I love mafia series and this one has got to be the best I've seen so far. It also has some mystery elements behind it. It is a long premeire with a 2 hour and 11 minute runtime but its a great worthwhile watch. I just wish it was a whole series rather than a mini series because a show this high in quality of acting, performances, action, story, and mystery deserves more. Bottom line watch tho show if you love noir or mafia movies or shows it does not disappoint. Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2013
    TNT's Mob City is definitely treading familiar ground, but it still manages to keep me interested and entertained the entire time. The acting is stellar, with several great stand-out performances (Knepper and Bernthal, particularly) and fantastic cinematography. The show certainly looks great. Simon Pegg's guest role also helped a considerable amount and he brought his own depth to aTNT's Mob City is definitely treading familiar ground, but it still manages to keep me interested and entertained the entire time. The acting is stellar, with several great stand-out performances (Knepper and Bernthal, particularly) and fantastic cinematography. The show certainly looks great. Simon Pegg's guest role also helped a considerable amount and he brought his own depth to a seemingly simple character. The show also had a few interesting plot twists being thrown around as well. Extremely solid so far. Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    It was very good the story and plot is amazing hope the keep the season going.It is based on true events and would be good for anyone who likes mob movie go for it and your love it.
  4. Dec 20, 2013
    I really enjoy this show, and the music was appropriate, although maybe more modern than the time setting, but loved it, added to the mood and feeling of the show. I really hope this will become a series, I'd like to see more of this.
  5. Dec 13, 2013
    It was a cold and rainy night when this mug walked into my front room and turned my TV on. The show was new, "Mob City" was the name. He smiled and settled in. I didn't say no since he brought me some great silk stockings. I'm a girl that knows which side her bread is buttered. We watched together. It was just what a girl needs, a great guy and an awfully good show.
  6. Dec 17, 2013
    I feel that a lot of people judge shows unfairly today. The show didn't even have a full season to flush things out. That being said I think It is what Rockstars LA Noire should have been. It was a little slow at first but it could be something really special. People shouldn't write it off just yet. I have faith that Frank and his team will definitely Up the ante in season 2. Hopeful theyI feel that a lot of people judge shows unfairly today. The show didn't even have a full season to flush things out. That being said I think It is what Rockstars LA Noire should have been. It was a little slow at first but it could be something really special. People shouldn't write it off just yet. I have faith that Frank and his team will definitely Up the ante in season 2. Hopeful they will renew it for a second season. I would be really disappointed if they don't. It is very stylish & addictive. I think most of the cast did very well and I am very excited to see whats to come. Expand
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    I cannot praise this series enough at how well it was made. No cheesy acting, interesting plot, and the mystery that surrounds everything. Everything from the shootouts to the cinematography were beautifully done. For a series with 6 episode I think they did better than what some shows take 16 episodes to do. People don't give it credit for it being on such a short series. I wish theyI cannot praise this series enough at how well it was made. No cheesy acting, interesting plot, and the mystery that surrounds everything. Everything from the shootouts to the cinematography were beautifully done. For a series with 6 episode I think they did better than what some shows take 16 episodes to do. People don't give it credit for it being on such a short series. I wish they would have fleshed this out into a full series. All things aside if you like mobsters and the corruption and crime of the 1940s this will certainly satisfy you. Expand
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    Outstanding, well written, produced, directed, and acted show. My wife and I loved the series! Wish there were more episodes! If you haven't seen it, you should make a point to catch the reruns.
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    A terrific romp through a bygone era. Loaded with great characters that fit the period, Tormented Cops, A Femme Fatale and Stereotypical Mobster Types. Amazing sets and cinematography. Reminiscent of an old Bogart Film. Thumbs up.
  10. Jan 9, 2014
    Mob city was fantastic excellent actors excellent story line and excellent action this
    Show keep me so interested since it based on true event can't what for season 2
    Best show series ever!!!!

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    Sometimes it seems that Darabont is more in thrall to the rise of the West Coast mob than to the story he's allegedly trying to tell.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 10, 2013
    Holliday Grainger is an excellent Bonnie.... Emile Hirsch, a very good actor, plays Clyde as a passive nonentity.... Bonnie and Clyde seem as remote and illogical as another notorious couple of the era, Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor. [16 Dec 2013]
  3. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Dec 9, 2013
    The new TNT miniseries (it's on just three weeks in December) has plenty of in-your-face drama and heaps of atmosphere.