Modern Family : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.7

1. Jul 19, 2011
    Just as good as the first season, a solid 8. I really like this show and I hope it keeps getting renewed. The characters are great and the situations are hilarious.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    This show is comedy genius! I have fallen in love with this show from the first season. From Phil Dunphy to Lily, each character proves to be their own and each add their comedic pizzazz to the table. Recommend this show for anyone who wants to laugh A LOT!
  3. Oct 15, 2010
    I don't understand why there aren't ANY critic reviews of this show on this site. It's obviously one of the best shows on tv. The second season so far has been great, and hopefully it stays that way.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    The second season starts with the usual line-up of familiar jokes, quirks & feel good moments we all have come to expect of the show. Phil & Claire, Jay & Gloria and Mitchell & Cam all three have got new problems at hand. Once more the episode contains a mantra to be used in our own daily life. Something which is so simple, yet so hard to follow. From start to finish the show goes on withThe second season starts with the usual line-up of familiar jokes, quirks & feel good moments we all have come to expect of the show. Phil & Claire, Jay & Gloria and Mitchell & Cam all three have got new problems at hand. Once more the episode contains a mantra to be used in our own daily life. Something which is so simple, yet so hard to follow. From start to finish the show goes on with its usual pace and as it comes to end there is no disappointment, just a longing to watch the next episode. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2010
    I thought the charm and great entertainment of the first season might dwindle in this second season but a few episodes in and the cast and show aren't showing any sign of this happening anytime soon. This show is here to stay and I am happy about that. This is one of my favorite shows on TV right now.
  6. Oct 28, 2010
    This continues to be the prime-time sitcom that all others should be measured by. It continues to assume that it is being watched by intelligent viewers and the writing is tailored as such.
  7. Oct 30, 2010
    The second season is everything I expected it to be. Better than last season. The season did what it is meant to do and that's be funny. So I hope you watch this season, because trust me only one sitcom can match up to this one and it's on hiatus (Parks and Recreation)
  8. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious.The cast is perfect. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. The mocumentary style makes it even better. You continue to make me laugh and I hope to see you for many seasons to come.
  9. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasn't struck it highest cord yet.)The characters are well and creatively develop with good on cam chemistry. Each line is crafted and intertwined with screen persona. It resembles the ongoing change within family dynamic in a multi-context America.
  10. Feb 3, 2011
    The Second season is just as good as the first and again is very well written. The characters are funnier than ever with new hilarious storylines. The acting is top notch Sofia Vergara and Ed O'Neill are standout players. One great thing about modern family is its consistency it never fails to impress. The best episode so far is the Halloween episode with Manny get you gun a close second.The Second season is just as good as the first and again is very well written. The characters are funnier than ever with new hilarious storylines. The acting is top notch Sofia Vergara and Ed O'Neill are standout players. One great thing about modern family is its consistency it never fails to impress. The best episode so far is the Halloween episode with Manny get you gun a close second. I can't even imagine my Wednesday night with this show. Expand
  11. Jun 8, 2011
    Season 2: I thought what made the show unique in the first season would be its downfall in the second season. Amazing writing and an all-star cast change everything though as I can now officially deem this show the number two comedy of all times right above Arrested Development and right below Seinfeld.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    Modern Family definetly deserved the best comedy Emmy it won. It is one of the best shows on tv currently and in my opinon, the second best comedy currently airing (only behind "The Office")
  13. Nov 22, 2010
    Man is this show boring! Seriously, I have tried on multiple occasions to get into this show and I just CAN'T do it! I have literally laughed at something in it all of probably twice, I just don't see the appeal at all.
  14. Jan 3, 2011
    The non-stop laughs and ingenuity continues to shine as "Modern Family" takes the once typical primetime family program and elevates it to such a level that, once you think you've seen it all, you realize your expectations aren't high enough. You take its smart dialogue, complex thematic messages and textures, along with its far from "modern" family, and you get a comedy that is hard "not"The non-stop laughs and ingenuity continues to shine as "Modern Family" takes the once typical primetime family program and elevates it to such a level that, once you think you've seen it all, you realize your expectations aren't high enough. You take its smart dialogue, complex thematic messages and textures, along with its far from "modern" family, and you get a comedy that is hard "not" to find something to like--no matter how much of a grinch you may be. The only criticism is the apprehension that its writers are out of material...but, hey... they haven't disappointes thus far... Expand
  15. Jun 20, 2011
    I really do not get what everyone is raving about. The first season was really good. This season truly personifies the sophomore slump of TV shows. It is not funny at all. It didn't deserve any Emmy's last season, and it certainly doesn't now. This show is awful.
  16. Aug 2, 2011
    The season keeps coming the fresh comedy about three modern couples that make a big family.
    The characters are more funny and the stories are well written. A plus A series I hope it keeps on air for long time! I enjoyed it a lot
  17. Jul 27, 2014
    Modern Family’s second season is, if anything, a slight improvement on its first. It may not doing anything particularly new but with its excellent cast of characters and sharply written script this is arguably the best family sitcom of the last decade.
  18. May 31, 2011
    Personally I think this show has fallen off a bit since season one, at least during the tail end of this season. I think that without the amazing cast (Stonestreet, and Burrell in particular) it would not be as popular as it is. Having said that, a lot of the episodes are great there are a bunch of memorable episodes in the season. But to me the show just can't compete with other shows onPersonally I think this show has fallen off a bit since season one, at least during the tail end of this season. I think that without the amazing cast (Stonestreet, and Burrell in particular) it would not be as popular as it is. Having said that, a lot of the episodes are great there are a bunch of memorable episodes in the season. But to me the show just can't compete with other shows on TV right now, it doesn't wow me as consistently as a lot of others do. It's a good show and one definitely worth watching but if you only have the time for a couple shows each week you'd be happier with a show like Community or Big Bang Theory. Expand
  19. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.
  20. Sep 16, 2011
    Smart and funny. I did not enjoy the first season much so I was skeptical about the second, but this year, Modern Family became a pleasant surprise and stands as one of my favorite TV shows.
  21. Aug 27, 2011
    O elenco está cada vez m ais entrosado. Destaque para os homens, que sabem fazer comédia como ninguém. Claro, as mulheres também estão excelente: Julia Bowen atua muito bem e Sofía Vergara tem carisma com o público. O elenco infantil também está se superando.
  22. Nov 6, 2011
    First season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the characters (exceptFirst season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the characters (except for the new Lilly, too old too soon), we love the actors, and we love the directors...don't change! Expand
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    Many comedy TV shows get old by Season 2 for me. Not this one! It maintained its hilarity and variety in every episode. This cast needs to stick together forever.
  24. Oct 9, 2013
    Great acting, again. Full of laughs, again. This show will be around for a long time, I'm sure of it. Modern Family is a comedy that hasn't diminished its terms of humor and hilarity in its second season.
  25. AGK
    Jul 6, 2016
    I'll admit I get things wrong from time to time. I used to HATE modern family but then I got into it and it was pretty funny! So my opinion has changed about this show drastically and I'm thankful for it.
  26. Nov 10, 2016
    Another season for THE MOST OVERRATED comedy of all-time I watched an in comparison with other great comedies such as The Simpsons, The Middle and My Family it just can't compare its just not funny at all. For me there is cast chemistry but nowhere near enough for me to enjoy it.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    Not since Frasier has a sitcom offered such an ideal blend of heart and smarts, or proven itself so effortlessly adept at so many comic variations, from subtle wordplay to big-laugh slapstick to everything in between
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 20, 2010
    Modern Family flows along as seamlessly perfect as it did last year. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]