Modern Family : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.7

1. Oct 4, 2012
    The show isn't horrible, but in my opinion, it isn't good either. I watched the first couple of seasons, but on the third season I got tired of the show. It truly surprises me why people like the show so much, there are a few jokes per episode, but in my opinion the rest of the episode is a huge waste of time.
  2. Adam
    Feb 3, 2010
    Not painful, but not laugh out-loud funny. Worth a smile or two per show though.
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    Watching this show is a waste of your time, I've seen a lot of the episodes and most of them are not very funny or amusing. I've usually chuckled a couple times with each episode but nothing more, I've even sat through about a fourth of the episodes and did not even laugh once. The humor in this show is so dry and colorless that it brings the entire show down. I would advise you to not watch it.
  4. Feb 3, 2013
    I can't seem to find a comedy that I actually like and find funny. Modern Family is no different, only the story line makes me want to keep watching. By story line I mean watching the kids grow up; some scenes really do touch my heart.
  5. Oct 30, 2014
    This show use to be good...that is before it started winning awards. The last three seasons have literally been about preaching politically correctness rather than actually trying to be an entertaining sitcom which again it use to be.

Cancel the show and move on.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."