• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.7

1. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shot in the now popular ‘mockumentary’ style Modern Family focuses on the lives of an extended family and has been sweeping the boards at the Emmys since this very first season. Until I recently I hadn’t got around to watching the show as I wasn’t totally sure it’s ‘mainstream’ humour would appeal to me but, having now seen all twenty-four episodes, I can see why it has proven so popular with critics and viewers alike.

I still haven’t quite got past the fact that the ‘Office’ style talking to the camera doesn’t actually make any sense in this scenario but the most important thing, as it always is with a comedy show, is that it is funny. Aside from the two daughters of Phil and Claire, who for me often came across as petty and spiteful for no reason, each of the characters is likeable and well rounded and brought to life superbly by an excellent cast. The writing is sharp and heartfelt, without ever becoming too sentimental, making for a sit-com that the whole family can enjoy.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development. One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development....
  3. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious. I love the cast. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. I love the mocumentary style.
  4. Sep 23, 2014
    This series is on par with grandiose abomination. It is Damaging Children (tm) for profit. Children deserve both a mother and a father.

All forms of human trafficking are EVIL.
  5. Jan 14, 2011
    This is really funny. Me and my family love it!
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    A fresh, farcical comedy that came onto our screens in 2009. It has all our favorite family stereotypes but they are not portrayed in a negative way, rather they are full of character and comedy. A must see, if you haven't seen it.
  7. Feb 3, 2013
    I can't seem to find a comedy that I actually like and find funny. Modern Family is no different, only the story line makes me want to keep watching. By story line I mean watching the kids grow up; some scenes really do touch my heart.
  8. Jan 17, 2011
    Modern Family's first season does a great job at flushing out a whole cast of interesting and hilarious characters, especially Eric Stonestreet as Cameron and Ty Burrell as Phil. The writing is witty and sharp, and it feels refreshing despite its universal premise.
  9. Nov 3, 2010
    This show is great, very few network shows are as good as this. The concept is not new but the amazing cast carries the show as one of the best of the year 2009.
  10. Jul 19, 2011
    Funny show, but not the greatest. I do LOVE all of characters. The comedy is refreshing and Cam and Phil are my favorites. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits.
  11. Jul 3, 2011
    The key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional familyThe key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional family to the advancing by the day homosexual couple. One of Modern Family's greatest strengths is its ability to create comedy that is not cliche and is not "gross-out" or strictly adult, as well as its ability to keep every character likable and steer clear of having a "butt-monkey" per say. Hopefully future generations will be able to watch and relate to this show, as it is truly one of the greats. Expand
  12. Jul 10, 2014
    I found this show very enetetainment. I like how the has a variety of different characters and the families are different and the actkrs are outstanding. The episodes are each very interesting and hilarious therefore well written
  13. Sep 17, 2012
    It's so refreshing to see a comedy that doesn't just treat it's homosexual characters as one-note gags, and as a complete package, Modern Family is a home-run. The actors are flawless, the writing is hilarious and the result is one of the best comedies on television.
  14. Jan 28, 2012
    A lot of episodes are hit and miss, and many characters are having a hard to to develop, but that is only because we like them the way they are. This show, when at its best, can be one of the best shows on television. The inconsistency week to week is the only reason I give it an eight, but on a good night it doesn't get much funnier than this show.
  15. Apr 18, 2014
    How refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor hereHow refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor here with just the right amount of silliness. Quality without a doubt. Expand
  16. Oct 13, 2010
    I just finished watching the first season of this show, and quite honestly, it's hilarious. Every episode is well-written and fun to watch. Each family is funny in their own way, and although it does the same thing with the mockumentary idea as The Office, it has a completely different feel to it.
  17. Sep 8, 2011
    The best sitcom on television right now. This has smart writing, a cast literally full of great comedy performers, even the kids can be hilarious, and I haven't really seen that since Michael Cera in Arrested Development. Praise be to Modern Family.
  18. Aug 2, 2011
    Nice hilarious comedy x 3. I loved the whole 3 couples, 1 family.
    All the performances are great the characters very well crafted for comedy. Totally consistent.
    It has touchy moments and it is really modern. A complete recommendation.
  19. Jan 29, 2013
    Great show. I'm personally a massive fan of Gloria, who is absolutely hilarious. I wish this show had just a little more depth, but hey, it's a sitcom
  20. Jan 4, 2014
    An intelligent and fresh comedy with an excellent cast. The way each episode unfolds will keep you bound wit itsmultilinear stories with rich structure and dialogues.
  21. Apr 30, 2011
    This show is the worst thing to ever be put on television! I don't know what morn at ABC decided to put this on the air, but he should be ashamed at himself.The acting to far to over the top. the stories are stupid and will never happen.
  22. Oct 30, 2014
    This show use to be good...that is before it started winning awards. The last three seasons have literally been about preaching politically correctness rather than actually trying to be an entertaining sitcom which again it use to be.

Cancel the show and move on.
  23. Aug 27, 2011
    Engraçadíssimo. O sistema de sempre dividir o elenco em, no mínimo, 3 histórias paralelas evita qualquer chance de enjoar do seriado. Ã
  24. Feb 1, 2011
    A "laugh-out-loud" comedy every week. Each character is so diverse and comedic that you feel that you are watching a well-put-together variety show of family quirks. Manny's character has funny ideosynchrocies, but the actor who plays him needs some acting lessons, to say the least.
  25. Feb 7, 2011
    Wow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family andWow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family and congratulations to ABC for picking up one of the very few good comedies left on Network TV. A+++++ Expand
  26. AGK
    Dec 26, 2013
    I have to be honest here, when I first watched modern family I felt like I was watching a commercial until I saw the intro. the cameramen need to hold it in one place and the story line is just rubbish. not to mention the characters can be quite annoying.
  27. Feb 13, 2011
    Ever since The Office I have been searching for a Mockumentary that could make laugh. Modern Family seems to prove that sitcoms donâ
  28. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasnâ
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    This is a great show. The cast was virtually unknown to me when it started except Ed O'Neill. I quickly came to appreciate all of them. Everyone has contributes to the comedy and to the set backs they have to face as a family. The timing is great on the jokes and the way the cast plays off each other. I look forward to it every week.
  30. Aug 20, 2010
    It's quite sad when the most entertaining thing about a show is a 10 year old. Rico Rodriguez is the only reason I would ever consider watching this horribly overrated show. Between the over-the-top Ty Burrel to the almost non-existent Jesse Tyler Ferguson, this show is an example of how unoriginal writers are becoming.
  31. Dec 12, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this show. The characters are great and very entertaining. I watched this show every week on tv and could not wait for the next episode and also recently bought it on dvd and have been watching episode after episode. I really love how different all of the characters are and how the storyline isn't like any other typical tv show's.
  32. Nov 6, 2011
    First season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the charactersFirst season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the characters (except for the new Lilly, too old too soon), we love the actors, and we love the directors...don't change! Expand
  33. Oct 3, 2011
    An overall good comedy, with consistently entertaining plot and true attention to character development. The charisma between the members of the cast is as close to perfect as it could get, and the few simultaneous lines make it an interesting show with fantastic range. I only gave it a 7, not a 9, because sometimes the arching morality is cumbersome.
  34. Feb 17, 2012
    As situation comedy goes this stands out in its intentions. The entire cast are likeable and kudos on how sometimes the storylines intercedes the characters to make a bigger statement. Thank you for this show.
  35. Aug 15, 2013
    The most delightful show on TV. A great cast, great lines, great stories in every episode. You just want more and more and more. I actually feel saddened when a season comes to an end, and I look forward to hearing about the next seasons!
  36. Sep 7, 2010
    Nothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TVNothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TV Sitcoms of all-time. Expand
  37. Oct 28, 2010
    This is what intelligent writing is all about. CBS (Mr. Chuck Lorre in particular) should try clicking over here to see how well a sit-com can be done.
  38. Apr 2, 2012
    Excellent comedy. At first I did not like the new camera and i was not much into it but now i love it. Excellent writers and finally a comedy where there is less sex involved.
  39. Feb 24, 2013
    Watching this show is a waste of your time, I've seen a lot of the episodes and most of them are not very funny or amusing. I've usually chuckled a couple times with each episode but nothing more, I've even sat through about a fourth of the episodes and did not even laugh once. The humor in this show is so dry and colorless that it brings the entire show down. I would advise you to not watch it.
  40. Sep 25, 2010
    The funny situations and Ed O'niel back on the screen makes me always crack a smile. The show, however, seems to much like the hit "The Office". Other than that the show has excellent writing and overall, is funny.
  41. Nov 10, 2010
    Very entertaining show, I had to go out and purchase the 1st season on DVD. Love the Manny character and the father of all the sibling families. He has always been a favorite of mine as an actor.
  42. May 25, 2011
    A breath of fresh air in the comedy genre. The whole cast is likeable and the writing is superb. The best comedy on TV right now. If you haven't watched this yet then you are missing half your life, and I mean it.
  43. Sep 22, 2011
    I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel,I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel, Gloria & Jay, all the children, just amazing, they bring the story to a whole to level of comedy, best show on television, for sure. Expand
  44. May 3, 2013
    I love the show, it makes me laugh. The cast is great. The only problem is that the show is becoming worse and worse by the episode. They really need a huge jump to get my rating back at 10
  45. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most funniest television shows I've ever seen. Besides being funny, it's still a very good show and every episode has a creative plot.
  46. Sep 25, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most highly acclaimed comedy series today, and for good reason. Based upon a multicultural, gay and straight family, each episode sees a new family value being learnt - and in a warm, comedic way too. The acting is amazing, the characters are likeable and the dilemmas the family face are very relatable. A great comedy, very unique and worth the watch.
  47. Feb 1, 2012
    Modern Family's best comedy on TV. It's screamingly funny and different from other comedy series. Its successes prove to do that. Each character is great. I think, the secret of Modern Family's success is qualified a sense of humour and naturalness. It's better than other comedy series(HIMYM, TBBT, Glee etc.). By the way, my favorite char. is Phil Dunphy.
  48. KMT
    Oct 3, 2010
    I love this show! I think it is so funny! The characters have such unique personalities. I think the funniest is the larger gay guy. He always cracks me up!
  49. Oct 25, 2010
    Modern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especiallyModern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especially the irrepressibly clueless Phil Dunphy. In a sea of mediocrity, Family stands out ... just ask your friends.

To be fair, there are a couple of minor issues with the show: the child actors, with the notable exception of Rico Rodriguez, are average (will improve with time), and the intelligence level in the story-lines is also average, but compared to shows like Two and a Half Men, it's a godsend.
  50. Sep 8, 2011
    I came on here expecting rave reviews, I simply do not understand how some people can rate this show poorly, it's laugh out loud funny and by far in a way one of the best new comedies I've saw in a long time. Those people who don't find it funny obviously have no sense of humour.
  51. Nov 25, 2011
    The whole show feels remarkably cold and far too calculated. It seems like it was created in a boardroom somewhere by executives trying to make a show that is palatable enough to gain a large audience and appease critics alike. Modern Family is so familiar, simplistic and squeaky clean, it's no wonder how it appeals to such a large audience. But the constant recycling of every clicheThe whole show feels remarkably cold and far too calculated. It seems like it was created in a boardroom somewhere by executives trying to make a show that is palatable enough to gain a large audience and appease critics alike. Modern Family is so familiar, simplistic and squeaky clean, it's no wonder how it appeals to such a large audience. But the constant recycling of every cliche family sitcom character, storyline, and joke make this show unoriginal, unrealistic and bland. The cast of Modern Family is the only real saving grace. The actors' charm and likability make the show downright smile inducing at times (not often enough, unfortunately) and there's a healthy chemistry between the actors in their separate family units (although, for most, it doesn't extend beyond that). Ultimately it can make adequate filler for when there's nothing else on but don't waste any time changing the channel if there's a Cosby rerun you can find. Expand
  52. Mar 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Espetacular. Este show é entretenimento puro, humor de alta qualidade envolvendo as situações cotidianas de uma família e a cada episódio você aprende a amar um pouco mais Phil,Claire,Jay,Gloria,Mitchel,Cameron,Manny,Luke,Alex,Haley e Lily. Expand
  53. Mar 17, 2012
    My favorite comedy on TV right now. It's a great show for the whole family and it's so funny. This show deserves the attention that it receives. Modern Family is simply a great show.
  54. Apr 18, 2012
    Funny, witty and just plain adorable. Both, writing and acting excel by the simple, but outstanding means of made. Sofia Vergara and Ty Burrell give astonishing performances of their thrilling comedic talent.
  55. Oct 4, 2012
    The show isn't horrible, but in my opinion, it isn't good either. I watched the first couple of seasons, but on the third season I got tired of the show. It truly surprises me why people like the show so much, there are a few jokes per episode, but in my opinion the rest of the episode is a huge waste of time.
  56. MHD
    May 6, 2013
    "Modern Family" is My Best TV SHOW The Performance Are All GREAT And PERFECT it Can't Be Better That Specially For Eric Stonstreet A Spectacular Performance Great Writing Directing And A Good Comedy And A Great Idea And Caracters
  57. May 2, 2013
    Very funny with well established characters where you get to know each and every person, their name, personality and how they interact with the others. Unlike in some shows where you are left thinking, who is that again, whats his name, this show sets a new standard for establishing characters.

The mix of the different family groups, from the 2nd marriage of Jay, the gay couple and the traditional family of 5. Ed (Jay) really steals the show, his acting and believable is extraordinary, even you initially think of him as Al (Married with Children) that doesn't survive the first episode and he is now a very different person, a family guy, successful with time for the kids, almost the exact opposite of his role as Al.

A few other standouts for me, are my favorite characters. Gloria cracks me up with her loud intrusive ways, Luke has a certain way about him, Cameron is just a bundle of fun and you just have to see him run and lastly Lily who I thought was a bit of a nothing early on, sat there and barely moved, is now a clever little evil genius.

Hope it continues for many years.

PS: We love you too Phil.
  58. Sep 12, 2014
    Definitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the topDefinitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the top 10, right next to Seinfeld and 30 Rock. Expand
  59. Dec 10, 2010
    Phenomenal cast. Clever writing. This is the perfect storm when it comes to sitcoms. They won the Emmy for a reason. If you're not watching this show then you are missing out.
  60. Oct 17, 2010
    I enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they receivedI enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they received a award? Expand
  61. Apr 18, 2011
    If you enjoyed Arrested Development, you'd better start watching this gem right now. Chances are high that it will be canceled early because of a distinct lack of taste in today's TV viewing audience. It continues to mystify me how shows like this are ignored while inane drivel like 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Two And A Half Men' boast good ratings.
  62. Feb 5, 2011
    Every family has a goof, a geek, or that weird uncle that everyone hates to sit next to during Thanksgiving dinner. But one family in particular is known across America for having all three of these unleashed in weekly segments. Thatâ
  63. Mar 21, 2011
    Simply, this is the most hilarious show I have ever watched in the history of my existence! I mean pure genius; if you watch this show you'll never stop laughing! Who ever came up with this idea thank you my prayers have been answered!
  64. Jun 15, 2011
    ONe of the best mockumentarys ever.
    Damn THIS is funny :P
    The Characters are really awesome,all of them are special and new in the comedy scene,i think this show make it for a long time
  65. Oct 16, 2011
    OH MY GOD when i first saw this i almost pissed my pants to freiken hilarious to be on tv there should be a law If its to funny it cant be on tv i give it a 10/10 watch it if you want to laugh for days
  66. Mar 15, 2012
    Possibly the most painful 20 minutes ive ever endured, i can even get over the plot been incredibly obvious but the characters are cringeworthingly wooden and unrealistic, allbeit in some cases attractive which helps ease the pain. On the upside my son liked it , but he is 5 so it does seem to pitched at that level. I tried to laugh but it just didnt happen, the office is a thousand timesPossibly the most painful 20 minutes ive ever endured, i can even get over the plot been incredibly obvious but the characters are cringeworthingly wooden and unrealistic, allbeit in some cases attractive which helps ease the pain. On the upside my son liked it , but he is 5 so it does seem to pitched at that level. I tried to laugh but it just didnt happen, the office is a thousand times better unless you like obvious unsarcastic humour and plots about dogs jumping in swimming pools because they are trying to kill them selves....oh wait they just want their toy............classic !!!! Expand
  67. Dec 1, 2013
    Without a doubt Modern Family is the best TV show on air today. From the actors to the writing everything seems natural. The key necessities of a good show are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family encompasses all those qualities.
  68. May 26, 2012
    one of the funniest comedy shows i have seen since FRIENDS; which still remains my favorite. Modern Family is the best right now. I dont think there's been an episode where I havent laughed.
  69. Jun 10, 2012
    I think this link has some of the most legitimate and well phrased reasons why this show is overrated: http://www.punchnels.com/features/five-reasons-i-hate-modern-family/ You can replace #3 and #5 for 'Mockumentary style has been done and done better - it does not make the show original,' and 'It's so BROAD and tries to appeal to every single person in the planet. They try to stuff soI think this link has some of the most legitimate and well phrased reasons why this show is overrated: http://www.punchnels.com/features/five-reasons-i-hate-modern-family/ You can replace #3 and #5 for 'Mockumentary style has been done and done better - it does not make the show original,' and 'It's so BROAD and tries to appeal to every single person in the planet. They try to stuff so much into one character that it's ridiculous. All what's on screen is what you WANT to see. People want to see a diverse family who's different from the bunch but also has fun and learns something at the end of everyday. ' And I think that the fact that this show is trying so hard to be diverse and is so in-your-face about it (seriously, diversity is basically the main topic) that it's actually insulting. People shouldn't be doing something to show others how diverse and open-minded they are - it should come from within and be a background thing - not something you boast. However, I think the reason why I dislike it so much is because the professional critics think this is comic gold and "genius". And that it sweeps the Emmys. It's a shame smarter, funnier tv shows aren't visible to people.
    As someone else said, the only saving grace is the actors. And maybe that it gets people off of shows like the Kardashians or Toddlers and Tiaras.
  70. May 2, 2013
    love this show very funny and every character has their own thing gloria is a scream and the real star of the show I know as I am married to a colombian woman from the same city LOL
    all the kids are very good actors
  71. Aug 26, 2012
    I never watch TV show, like seriously, and I found this one from the post on tumblr and I thought, heck it won't do any harm just to check it out, I ended up falling in love with the show.
  72. Dec 9, 2012
    Not bad not bad. I like this series. Its not like all the other comedy series (King Of Queens, 2 and a half men etc. ) There are no sounds of an audience and so you can laugh where you think its a nice funny scene. In KoQ and all other series its more a must because the audience laugh and you know immediately that you should laugh there. I like also that there are 3 families and each oneNot bad not bad. I like this series. Its not like all the other comedy series (King Of Queens, 2 and a half men etc. ) There are no sounds of an audience and so you can laugh where you think its a nice funny scene. In KoQ and all other series its more a must because the audience laugh and you know immediately that you should laugh there. I like also that there are 3 families and each one has another story to tell in each episode. Each charakter is different and funny on its own. Expand
  73. Feb 19, 2014
    best comedy Tv show ever. Every character are very strong. it is very funny but there is lot to learn about life. i like the style of story telling. A well written story.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."