Modern Family : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.7

1. AF
    Oct 1, 2009
    Makes me laugh every week. Reminds me of The Office and Arrested Development. My one gripe is that the mockumentary style has been used too much lately.
  2. JoshB
    Oct 15, 2009
    Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Great performances from the cast. Up there with "The Office" and "Arrested Development," for sure.
  3. zach
    Oct 20, 2009
    The funniest new show of the fall possibly the year.
  4. TomB
    Oct 20, 2009
    This show is freaking hilarious... one of the sharpest comedies I've seen in a while and I've never been a fan of "The Office" type of docu-comedy genre.
  5. JustinM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Finally! A well-written, thought out comedy on ABC.
  6. Matt
    Sep 24, 2009
    Very promising comedy. Half-hour of true to life quick, quirky-wit combining the heart of My Name is Earl and the smartness of Arrested Development. Hopefully this one will persist and have a good and appropriate run.
  7. KevinC
    Jan 8, 2010
    Basicly a rehash of the GREAT 2006 comedy series Sons & Daughters. Very Funny
  8. MikeM
    Oct 11, 2009
    Best new show of the year.
  9. ChrisC
    Nov 2, 2009
    I'm divided on this show. On one hand, it's a nice fresh take on sitcoms that defibrillators a creatively dead genre. Finally a show breaks sitcoms out of the dreary 'three camera + random interchangeable gags' formula. On the other hand, the stereotypically clueless male is way too cliche. He's the only character who would fit right in in Full House, and he drags I'm divided on this show. On one hand, it's a nice fresh take on sitcoms that defibrillators a creatively dead genre. Finally a show breaks sitcoms out of the dreary 'three camera + random interchangeable gags' formula. On the other hand, the stereotypically clueless male is way too cliche. He's the only character who would fit right in in Full House, and he drags down the entire show. Expand
  10. claraw
    Nov 5, 2009
    This is the best comedy since The Office. In fact, I think it is better!!!!
  11. Alexo
    Oct 19, 2009
    I NEVER watch sitcoms but a friend recommended this and I have to say I am hooked! This isn't just the best sitcom, it is one of the best shows on tv right now.
  12. RaymondR
    Oct 7, 2009
    Finally, a show that captures what it sets out to do in a great way. It's not filled with obvious jokes to make you laugh, but the subtlety of everyday situations are wonderfully projected in this series. I love the concept, love the characters, even though they may need some more development as the show goes on. But still, 3 episodes in and it's off to a great start. As opposed Finally, a show that captures what it sets out to do in a great way. It's not filled with obvious jokes to make you laugh, but the subtlety of everyday situations are wonderfully projected in this series. I love the concept, love the characters, even though they may need some more development as the show goes on. But still, 3 episodes in and it's off to a great start. As opposed to 'Community', which relies too much on stereotypes and using the guy from The Soup as a lead character. This is the best new series now, followed by Community, and dead last is Cougar Town. Expand
  13. ronp
    Oct 9, 2009
    The first episode was very good, but did it ever die quickly. Episode 2 was really bad, with almost no humorous moments. Maybe it can redeem itself in future episodes.
  14. AbhinavR.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Painfully funny and very clever. Looking forward to subsequent episodes.
  15. JohnD.
    Sep 24, 2009
    One of the best new comedy shows that I have seen in many seasons...The cast is quick, funny, and disfunctional, and the writers are to be commended...I will stick with it for the season...Just don't blow it cause your off to a good start.
  16. MichaelH
    Sep 25, 2009
    I lol (yes laughed out loud) from start to finish. Loved the surprise near the end.
  17. JorgeH.
    Sep 27, 2009
    I found this show to be quite annoying, with only 1 exception. The gays are typical, the dad is THE most annoying person ever, and the 15 year old daughter he has is a typical slut who never listens to her parents blah blah blah.
  18. cydena
    Sep 28, 2009
    I love it and can not wait to watch the season. Its quirky, witty, and funny. I like the idea that even though they are their own separate individual family, they are tied together in some way (which you wouild find out from watching).
  19. Tim
    Jan 22, 2010
    Awesome show. keep up the great work and more episodes please.
  20. Adam
    Feb 3, 2010
    Not painful, but not laugh out-loud funny. Worth a smile or two per show though.
  21. AndreaR.
    Oct 1, 2009
    This is without a doubt the best new show on television. An absolute pleasure to watch.
  22. GilbertD
    Nov 26, 2009
    Absolutely love it every episode i range between contented smile and belly laugh! The families are PERFECT for the show!
  23. AlanB
    Oct 13, 2009
    My wife and I love this show. It is the first thing to come on television in years that elicits belly laughs from the both of us in equal measure. Plus, its getting a lot of critical acclaim....so of course they're gonna cancel it.
  24. Tom
    Oct 15, 2009
    I hated the first episode - thought what is all the fuss about, then watched second episode loved it laughed more than I had in ages at t v comedy - for those who didn't like it first viewing try again - Along with The Middle the two best new comedies.
  25. SaraH
    Oct 15, 2009
    Love it love it love!! It makes me laugh each episode. I still can't believe someone other than HBO could create something so creative and funny! Perhaps this is a sign that networks are finally paying attention to something other than reality tv again!
  26. DanielB
    Nov 5, 2009
    Completely unfunny boring Office knock-off I'm shocked at how high the score is here
  27. Denebk
    Oct 16, 2009
    Fantastic, captures the absurdity of modern family life.
  28. MariaG
    Dec 10, 2009
    This is the only recent (as in the last twenty years) sitcom I like. No stupid, insulting one-liners or irritating innuendo.
  29. ElizabethR
    Oct 2, 2009
    I didn't like the first episode. I missed the second one. Maybe it got better, but I am not sure if I will even try it again.
  30. AngelaS.
    Dec 30, 2009
    Witty, fast , thoroughly entertaining for the whole family and in a quirky way more true to life than we'd like to admit! A real winner!
  31. AlexH
    Dec 5, 2009
    Moder Family is repulsive. Can TV, and prime time TV for that matter, fall any lower? I do not think so. The average American IQ when it comes to understanding foreign cultures and other groups that are not part of the heterosexual paradigm is -20, and this negative score is usually, and sadly, gained through TV since people do not take the time to acquire the knowledge the way it should Moder Family is repulsive. Can TV, and prime time TV for that matter, fall any lower? I do not think so. The average American IQ when it comes to understanding foreign cultures and other groups that are not part of the heterosexual paradigm is -20, and this negative score is usually, and sadly, gained through TV since people do not take the time to acquire the knowledge the way it should be done: through personal contact and speech, studying how they express themselves, reading newspapers and literature, watching their films , etc. This show is only helping perpetrate the already existing equivocal stereotypes and, the worst part of all, increasing the already prevailing stupidity of the general public Expand
  32. LeeS
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have never laughed so much or so hard at a sitcom or been able to relate so easily with its characters. This is my new favorite show.
  33. PatrickM
    Oct 26, 2009
    I watch very little TV, but I go out of my way to catch Modern Family. Endlessly witty and entertaining, a must see.
  34. MichaelD
    Oct 29, 2009
    The best new show of the season. The acting can sometimes lack in a few characters but besides that, superb writing and believable performances carry the show. The Office is my favorite show, but this one is catching up in my books.
  35. DarrenL
    Oct 5, 2009
    This is a great show for every age and every demographics including for the first time gays. I'm in a long lasting relationship with my partner and we laugh nonstop. I'm glad it shows that two men can have a serious relationship and be funny at the same time.
  36. PaulP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    The type of show that proves the only qualification to being a TV critic is to have watched as little TV as possible. A truly awful, manipulative, purposeless comedy. Well not completely purposeless, if your purpose is just to write bizarre situations just so college kids who haven't seen this approach a thousand times already think it's the last word in "different". Another The type of show that proves the only qualification to being a TV critic is to have watched as little TV as possible. A truly awful, manipulative, purposeless comedy. Well not completely purposeless, if your purpose is just to write bizarre situations just so college kids who haven't seen this approach a thousand times already think it's the last word in "different". Another Simpsons warmed over. Every situation is unrealistic and ever joke is obvious. Example: gay man who's just adopted a kid says his partner is "not overly dramatic" and the partner immediately appears in a paisley robe to present the baby while "Circle of Life" from the "Lion King" plays in the background. Doh! Here's a tip kids. It may be good for a sitcom to be "different", but it's imperative (!) for it to be funny. Oh, wait! That's the criterion for a modern TV reviewer. You have to have no sense of humor. Expand
  37. kateh
    Sep 23, 2009
    I knew "it" when I saw the first Cheers, Will and Grace, Frasier, Taxi, Barney Miller etc. etc. etc. and this one is in for a long ride, thank God an Intelligent well-written, well acted comedy. Thank You!!!!!!
  38. risatrix
    Sep 23, 2009
    Sure, this show tries a little too hard at points -- do we need to include every crazy permutation on the family? -- but the cast makes it work. And hell, anything with Ed O'Neill as a kinder, gentler Al Bundy can't be all bad.
  39. RaulM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Consider me hooked. I think this is the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.
  40. BradZ
    Sep 24, 2009
    Hilarious! When he said his partner wasn't dramatic, but then he presented Lily as if she was Simba from "The Lion King," I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
  41. MoseS.
    Absolutely hilarious!
  42. MarkA
    Sep 24, 2009
    Great casting and a great half hour of television.
  43. SW.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Might have even been a 10, loved it.
  44. juli
    Sep 25, 2009
    I loved this show!!! It was written very well and the casting is fabulous.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Modern Family is an extremely well written and cast sitcom that made me laugh out loud often, which I rarely do. I am a big fan of "The Office," but, if future episodes are continue to be as funny, I have a new favorite. Bravo ABC!
  46. Notacritic
    Sep 29, 2009
    Didn't laugh once. Hated the camerawork. I guess I am not a critic, because I just don't get this show.
  47. SusanI
    Jan 13, 2010
    One of the best ensemble casts I have ever seen. The writing is outstanding. This is the only primetime show I watch. Terrific!
  48. RedJohn
    Jan 21, 2010
    This is the only network comedy that I genuinely look forward to.
  49. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    This show is hilarious with a great ensemble to boot. Ed O' Neill and Julie Bowen are stellar in their roles. What's also great is that this show is very modern indeed, showcasing a family sitcom in a new light. Truly something to watch this season
  50. danielles
    Nov 9, 2009
    Its a wonderful show. Absolutely hilarious, its the wittiest comedy I've seen since Arrested Development!
  51. DarrinT
    Oct 19, 2009
    Pretty good but not nearly as funny as The Middle.
  52. JD
    Oct 19, 2009
    I don't know how people could possibly give this show a 1...that's just being ridiculous. This is the funniest show I've seen in a long while. The jokes are smart and everything comes together in an enjoyable way. It's awesome.
  53. JamesP
    Dec 12, 2009
    I find it hard to stay interested in most tv sitcoms, however modern family is not only funny but smart too. Why can't more tv be like this?
  54. JimH
    Dec 9, 2009
    Best new show of the year! Great ensemble. An absolute hoot! Wife and I and three teens find it very funny. We make it a point to watch together every Wed. Even watching the reruns make us LOL!!!
  55. DarleneA
    Oct 31, 2009
    I love this show! How can it be so freakin' funny, & still be so lovely & sweet? Keep up the great work one & all!!
  56. jennys.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Laugh out loud funny! Best new show this year!
  57. marial.
    Sep 24, 2009
    SUPER FUNNY, I couldn't stop laughing!!
  58. pattiev.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Modern Family was easy to watch, great characters playing their roles in a interesting combination of everyday people...funny, warm, endearing... can't wait to watch again. Best sit com so far!!
  59. GregS.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Very good show. GREAT cast. the timing seemed a bit off, but for a pilot, it's definitely got my attention!
  60. MaxM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Funniest thing on the air since Arrested Development went off!
  61. ScottK
    Sep 25, 2009
    I can only think of a handful of shows worthy of a score of 9 (and I've not yet seen a 10), but this is most definitely one of them. A brilliant cast, exceptional writing, and many, many out loud laughs. I can only hope that the Alphabet keeps this gem around for a while and gives it a decent shake. As we all know, the networks tend to jump the gun sometimes...I beg that this I can only think of a handful of shows worthy of a score of 9 (and I've not yet seen a 10), but this is most definitely one of them. A brilliant cast, exceptional writing, and many, many out loud laughs. I can only hope that the Alphabet keeps this gem around for a while and gives it a decent shake. As we all know, the networks tend to jump the gun sometimes...I beg that this isn't the case with Modern Family. Well done! Expand
  62. RachelF.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Loved it! It was refreshing to see a show that wasn't a trauma drama! Good humor the whole family can relate to.
  63. MarcusJ
    Nov 12, 2009
    I love this show so much. It has every type of comedy you can imagine, slapstick, idiocy and dry wit. It manage to make a joke out of everything without offense and cheers me up so much :) Perfect show.
  64. EvanQ.
    Dec 16, 2009
    I don't usually like all these new comedy shows, but this show seems to have a new and genuine quality. The large cast is diverse and their different styles of comedy blend into a nice mix of situational comedy!
  65. Oct 13, 2010
    I just finished watching the first season of this show, and quite honestly, it's hilarious. Every episode is well-written and fun to watch. Each family is funny in their own way, and although it does the same thing with the mockumentary idea as The Office, it has a completely different feel to it.
  66. Aug 20, 2010
    It's quite sad when the most entertaining thing about a show is a 10 year old. Rico Rodriguez is the only reason I would ever consider watching this horribly overrated show. Between the over-the-top Ty Burrel to the almost non-existent Jesse Tyler Ferguson, this show is an example of how unoriginal writers are becoming.
  67. Aug 2, 2011
    Nice hilarious comedy x 3. I loved the whole 3 couples, 1 family.
    All the performances are great the characters very well crafted for comedy. Totally consistent.
    It has touchy moments and it is really modern. A complete recommendation.
  68. Feb 1, 2012
    Modern Family's best comedy on TV. It's screamingly funny and different from other comedy series. Its successes prove to do that. Each character is great. I think, the secret of Modern Family's success is qualified a sense of humour and naturalness. It's better than other comedy series(HIMYM, TBBT, Glee etc.). By the way, my favorite char. is Phil Dunphy.
  69. Sep 7, 2010
    Nothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TVNothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TV Sitcoms of all-time. Expand
  70. Sep 25, 2010
    The funny situations and Ed O'niel back on the screen makes me always crack a smile. The show, however, seems to much like the hit "The Office". Other than that the show has excellent writing and overall, is funny.
  71. Nov 3, 2010
    This show is great, very few network shows are as good as this. The concept is not new but the amazing cast carries the show as one of the best of the year 2009.
  72. Dec 10, 2010
    Phenomenal cast. Clever writing. This is the perfect storm when it comes to sitcoms. They won the Emmy for a reason. If you're not watching this show then you are missing out.
  73. KMT
    Oct 3, 2010
    I love this show! I think it is so funny! The characters have such unique personalities. I think the funniest is the larger gay guy. He always cracks me up!
  74. Jan 17, 2011
    Modern Family's first season does a great job at flushing out a whole cast of interesting and hilarious characters, especially Eric Stonestreet as Cameron and Ty Burrell as Phil. The writing is witty and sharp, and it feels refreshing despite its universal premise.
  75. Oct 17, 2010
    I enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they receivedI enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they received a award? Expand
  76. Feb 13, 2011
    Ever since The Office I have been searching for a Mockumentary that could make laugh. Modern Family seems to prove that sitcoms donâ
  77. Oct 25, 2010
    Modern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especiallyModern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especially the irrepressibly clueless Phil Dunphy. In a sea of mediocrity, Family stands out ... just ask your friends.

To be fair, there are a couple of minor issues with the show: the child actors, with the notable exception of Rico Rodriguez, are average (will improve with time), and the intelligence level in the story-lines is also average, but compared to shows like Two and a Half Men, it's a godsend.
  78. Oct 28, 2010
    This is what intelligent writing is all about. CBS (Mr. Chuck Lorre in particular) should try clicking over here to see how well a sit-com can be done.
  79. Nov 10, 2010
    Very entertaining show, I had to go out and purchase the 1st season on DVD. Love the Manny character and the father of all the sibling families. He has always been a favorite of mine as an actor.
  80. Apr 18, 2011
    If you enjoyed Arrested Development, you'd better start watching this gem right now. Chances are high that it will be canceled early because of a distinct lack of taste in today's TV viewing audience. It continues to mystify me how shows like this are ignored while inane drivel like 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Two And A Half Men' boast good ratings.
  81. Dec 12, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this show. The characters are great and very entertaining. I watched this show every week on tv and could not wait for the next episode and also recently bought it on dvd and have been watching episode after episode. I really love how different all of the characters are and how the storyline isn't like any other typical tv show's.
  82. Jan 14, 2011
    This is really funny. Me and my family love it!
  83. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasnâ
  84. Feb 1, 2011
    A "laugh-out-loud" comedy every week. Each character is so diverse and comedic that you feel that you are watching a well-put-together variety show of family quirks. Manny's character has funny ideosynchrocies, but the actor who plays him needs some acting lessons, to say the least.
  85. Feb 5, 2011
    Every family has a goof, a geek, or that weird uncle that everyone hates to sit next to during Thanksgiving dinner. But one family in particular is known across America for having all three of these unleashed in weekly segments. Thatâ
  86. Feb 7, 2011
    Wow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family andWow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family and congratulations to ABC for picking up one of the very few good comedies left on Network TV. A+++++ Expand
  87. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious. I love the cast. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. I love the mocumentary style.
  88. Jul 19, 2011
    Funny show, but not the greatest. I do LOVE all of characters. The comedy is refreshing and Cam and Phil are my favorites. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits.
  89. Mar 21, 2011
    Simply, this is the most hilarious show I have ever watched in the history of my existence! I mean pure genius; if you watch this show you'll never stop laughing! Who ever came up with this idea thank you my prayers have been answered!
  90. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shot in the now popular ‘mockumentary’ style Modern Family focuses on the lives of an extended family and has been sweeping the boards at the Emmys since this very first season. Until I recently I hadn’t got around to watching the show as I wasn’t totally sure it’s ‘mainstream’ humour would appeal to me but, having now seen all twenty-four episodes, I can see why it has proven so popular with critics and viewers alike.

I still haven’t quite got past the fact that the ‘Office’ style talking to the camera doesn’t actually make any sense in this scenario but the most important thing, as it always is with a comedy show, is that it is funny. Aside from the two daughters of Phil and Claire, who for me often came across as petty and spiteful for no reason, each of the characters is likeable and well rounded and brought to life superbly by an excellent cast. The writing is sharp and heartfelt, without ever becoming too sentimental, making for a sit-com that the whole family can enjoy.
  91. Apr 30, 2011
    This show is the worst thing to ever be put on television! I don't know what morn at ABC decided to put this on the air, but he should be ashamed at himself.The acting to far to over the top. the stories are stupid and will never happen.
  92. May 25, 2011
    A breath of fresh air in the comedy genre. The whole cast is likeable and the writing is superb. The best comedy on TV right now. If you haven't watched this yet then you are missing half your life, and I mean it.
  93. Jun 15, 2011
    ONe of the best mockumentarys ever.
    Damn THIS is funny :P
    The Characters are really awesome,all of them are special and new in the comedy scene,i think this show make it for a long time
  94. Jul 3, 2011
    The key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional familyThe key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional family to the advancing by the day homosexual couple. One of Modern Family's greatest strengths is its ability to create comedy that is not cliche and is not "gross-out" or strictly adult, as well as its ability to keep every character likable and steer clear of having a "butt-monkey" per say. Hopefully future generations will be able to watch and relate to this show, as it is truly one of the greats. Expand
  95. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development. One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development....
  96. Aug 27, 2011
    Engraçadíssimo. O sistema de sempre dividir o elenco em, no mínimo, 3 histórias paralelas evita qualquer chance de enjoar do seriado. Ã
  97. Sep 22, 2011
    I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel,I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel, Gloria & Jay, all the children, just amazing, they bring the story to a whole to level of comedy, best show on television, for sure. Expand
  98. Sep 8, 2011
    The best sitcom on television right now. This has smart writing, a cast literally full of great comedy performers, even the kids can be hilarious, and I haven't really seen that since Michael Cera in Arrested Development. Praise be to Modern Family.
  99. Sep 8, 2011
    I came on here expecting rave reviews, I simply do not understand how some people can rate this show poorly, it's laugh out loud funny and by far in a way one of the best new comedies I've saw in a long time. Those people who don't find it funny obviously have no sense of humour.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."