• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.7

1. May 25, 2011
    A breath of fresh air in the comedy genre. The whole cast is likeable and the writing is superb. The best comedy on TV right now. If you haven't watched this yet then you are missing half your life, and I mean it.
  2. Jan 28, 2012
    A lot of episodes are hit and miss, and many characters are having a hard to to develop, but that is only because we like them the way they are. This show, when at its best, can be one of the best shows on television. The inconsistency week to week is the only reason I give it an eight, but on a good night it doesn't get much funnier than this show.
  3. Mar 17, 2012
    My favorite comedy on TV right now. It's a great show for the whole family and it's so funny. This show deserves the attention that it receives. Modern Family is simply a great show.
  4. Oct 9, 2013
    A fresh, farcical comedy that came onto our screens in 2009. It has all our favorite family stereotypes but they are not portrayed in a negative way, rather they are full of character and comedy. A must see, if you haven't seen it.
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    Definitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the topDefinitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the top 10, right next to Seinfeld and 30 Rock. Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most highly acclaimed comedy series today, and for good reason. Based upon a multicultural, gay and straight family, each episode sees a new family value being learnt - and in a warm, comedic way too. The acting is amazing, the characters are likeable and the dilemmas the family face are very relatable. A great comedy, very unique and worth the watch.
  7. Jul 3, 2011
    The key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional familyThe key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional family to the advancing by the day homosexual couple. One of Modern Family's greatest strengths is its ability to create comedy that is not cliche and is not "gross-out" or strictly adult, as well as its ability to keep every character likable and steer clear of having a "butt-monkey" per say. Hopefully future generations will be able to watch and relate to this show, as it is truly one of the greats. Expand
  8. Jun 15, 2011
    ONe of the best mockumentarys ever.
    Damn THIS is funny :P
    The Characters are really awesome,all of them are special and new in the comedy scene,i think this show make it for a long time
  9. Oct 13, 2010
    I just finished watching the first season of this show, and quite honestly, it's hilarious. Every episode is well-written and fun to watch. Each family is funny in their own way, and although it does the same thing with the mockumentary idea as The Office, it has a completely different feel to it.
  10. Aug 2, 2011
    Nice hilarious comedy x 3. I loved the whole 3 couples, 1 family.
    All the performances are great the characters very well crafted for comedy. Totally consistent.
    It has touchy moments and it is really modern. A complete recommendation.
  11. Feb 1, 2012
    Modern Family's best comedy on TV. It's screamingly funny and different from other comedy series. Its successes prove to do that. Each character is great. I think, the secret of Modern Family's success is qualified a sense of humour and naturalness. It's better than other comedy series(HIMYM, TBBT, Glee etc.). By the way, my favorite char. is Phil Dunphy.
  12. Sep 7, 2010
    Nothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TVNothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TV Sitcoms of all-time. Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    The funny situations and Ed O'niel back on the screen makes me always crack a smile. The show, however, seems to much like the hit "The Office". Other than that the show has excellent writing and overall, is funny.
  14. Nov 3, 2010
    This show is great, very few network shows are as good as this. The concept is not new but the amazing cast carries the show as one of the best of the year 2009.
  15. Jan 17, 2011
    Modern Family's first season does a great job at flushing out a whole cast of interesting and hilarious characters, especially Eric Stonestreet as Cameron and Ty Burrell as Phil. The writing is witty and sharp, and it feels refreshing despite its universal premise.
  16. Feb 13, 2011
    Ever since The Office I have been searching for a Mockumentary that could make laugh. Modern Family seems to prove that sitcoms donâ
  17. Oct 25, 2010
    Modern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especiallyModern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especially the irrepressibly clueless Phil Dunphy. In a sea of mediocrity, Family stands out ... just ask your friends.

To be fair, there are a couple of minor issues with the show: the child actors, with the notable exception of Rico Rodriguez, are average (will improve with time), and the intelligence level in the story-lines is also average, but compared to shows like Two and a Half Men, it's a godsend.
  18. Oct 28, 2010
    This is what intelligent writing is all about. CBS (Mr. Chuck Lorre in particular) should try clicking over here to see how well a sit-com can be done.
  19. Nov 10, 2010
    Very entertaining show, I had to go out and purchase the 1st season on DVD. Love the Manny character and the father of all the sibling families. He has always been a favorite of mine as an actor.
  20. Apr 18, 2011
    If you enjoyed Arrested Development, you'd better start watching this gem right now. Chances are high that it will be canceled early because of a distinct lack of taste in today's TV viewing audience. It continues to mystify me how shows like this are ignored while inane drivel like 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Two And A Half Men' boast good ratings.
  21. Dec 12, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this show. The characters are great and very entertaining. I watched this show every week on tv and could not wait for the next episode and also recently bought it on dvd and have been watching episode after episode. I really love how different all of the characters are and how the storyline isn't like any other typical tv show's.
  22. Sep 17, 2012
    It's so refreshing to see a comedy that doesn't just treat it's homosexual characters as one-note gags, and as a complete package, Modern Family is a home-run. The actors are flawless, the writing is hilarious and the result is one of the best comedies on television.
  23. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasnâ
  24. Feb 1, 2011
    A "laugh-out-loud" comedy every week. Each character is so diverse and comedic that you feel that you are watching a well-put-together variety show of family quirks. Manny's character has funny ideosynchrocies, but the actor who plays him needs some acting lessons, to say the least.
  25. Feb 5, 2011
    Every family has a goof, a geek, or that weird uncle that everyone hates to sit next to during Thanksgiving dinner. But one family in particular is known across America for having all three of these unleashed in weekly segments. Thatâ
  26. Feb 7, 2011
    Wow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family andWow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family and congratulations to ABC for picking up one of the very few good comedies left on Network TV. A+++++ Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious. I love the cast. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. I love the mocumentary style.
  28. Mar 21, 2011
    Simply, this is the most hilarious show I have ever watched in the history of my existence! I mean pure genius; if you watch this show you'll never stop laughing! Who ever came up with this idea thank you my prayers have been answered!
  29. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development. One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development....
  30. Aug 27, 2011
    Engraçadíssimo. O sistema de sempre dividir o elenco em, no mínimo, 3 histórias paralelas evita qualquer chance de enjoar do seriado. Ã

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."