• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.7

1. JoshB
    Oct 15, 2009
    Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Great performances from the cast. Up there with "The Office" and "Arrested Development," for sure.
  2. zach
    Oct 20, 2009
    The funniest new show of the fall possibly the year.
  3. JustinM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Finally! A well-written, thought out comedy on ABC.
  4. MikeM
    Oct 11, 2009
    Best new show of the year.
  5. claraw
    Nov 5, 2009
    This is the best comedy since The Office. In fact, I think it is better!!!!
  6. Alexo
    Oct 19, 2009
    I NEVER watch sitcoms but a friend recommended this and I have to say I am hooked! This isn't just the best sitcom, it is one of the best shows on tv right now.
  7. cydena
    Sep 28, 2009
    I love it and can not wait to watch the season. Its quirky, witty, and funny. I like the idea that even though they are their own separate individual family, they are tied together in some way (which you wouild find out from watching).
  8. Tim
    Jan 22, 2010
    Awesome show. keep up the great work and more episodes please.
  9. AndreaR.
    Oct 1, 2009
    This is without a doubt the best new show on television. An absolute pleasure to watch.
  10. GilbertD
    Nov 26, 2009
    Absolutely love it every episode i range between contented smile and belly laugh! The families are PERFECT for the show!
  11. AlanB
    Oct 13, 2009
    My wife and I love this show. It is the first thing to come on television in years that elicits belly laughs from the both of us in equal measure. Plus, its getting a lot of critical acclaim....so of course they're gonna cancel it.
  12. Denebk
    Oct 16, 2009
    Fantastic, captures the absurdity of modern family life.
  13. MariaG
    Dec 10, 2009
    This is the only recent (as in the last twenty years) sitcom I like. No stupid, insulting one-liners or irritating innuendo.
  14. AngelaS.
    Dec 30, 2009
    Witty, fast , thoroughly entertaining for the whole family and in a quirky way more true to life than we'd like to admit! A real winner!
  15. LeeS
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have never laughed so much or so hard at a sitcom or been able to relate so easily with its characters. This is my new favorite show.
  16. PatrickM
    Oct 26, 2009
    I watch very little TV, but I go out of my way to catch Modern Family. Endlessly witty and entertaining, a must see.
  17. DarrenL
    Oct 5, 2009
    This is a great show for every age and every demographics including for the first time gays. I'm in a long lasting relationship with my partner and we laugh nonstop. I'm glad it shows that two men can have a serious relationship and be funny at the same time.
  18. kateh
    Sep 23, 2009
    I knew "it" when I saw the first Cheers, Will and Grace, Frasier, Taxi, Barney Miller etc. etc. etc. and this one is in for a long ride, thank God an Intelligent well-written, well acted comedy. Thank You!!!!!!
  19. RaulM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Consider me hooked. I think this is the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.
  20. BradZ
    Sep 24, 2009
    Hilarious! When he said his partner wasn't dramatic, but then he presented Lily as if she was Simba from "The Lion King," I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
  21. MoseS.
    Absolutely hilarious!
    Sep 25, 2009
    Modern Family is an extremely well written and cast sitcom that made me laugh out loud often, which I rarely do. I am a big fan of "The Office," but, if future episodes are continue to be as funny, I have a new favorite. Bravo ABC!
  23. SusanI
    Jan 13, 2010
    One of the best ensemble casts I have ever seen. The writing is outstanding. This is the only primetime show I watch. Terrific!
  24. RedJohn
    Jan 21, 2010
    This is the only network comedy that I genuinely look forward to.
  25. danielles
    Nov 9, 2009
    Its a wonderful show. Absolutely hilarious, its the wittiest comedy I've seen since Arrested Development!
  26. JamesP
    Dec 12, 2009
    I find it hard to stay interested in most tv sitcoms, however modern family is not only funny but smart too. Why can't more tv be like this?
  27. JimH
    Dec 9, 2009
    Best new show of the year! Great ensemble. An absolute hoot! Wife and I and three teens find it very funny. We make it a point to watch together every Wed. Even watching the reruns make us LOL!!!
  28. DarleneA
    Oct 31, 2009
    I love this show! How can it be so freakin' funny, & still be so lovely & sweet? Keep up the great work one & all!!
  29. jennys.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Laugh out loud funny! Best new show this year!
  30. marial.
    Sep 24, 2009
    SUPER FUNNY, I couldn't stop laughing!!
  31. pattiev.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Modern Family was easy to watch, great characters playing their roles in a interesting combination of everyday people...funny, warm, endearing... can't wait to watch again. Best sit com so far!!
  32. MarcusJ
    Nov 12, 2009
    I love this show so much. It has every type of comedy you can imagine, slapstick, idiocy and dry wit. It manage to make a joke out of everything without offense and cheers me up so much :) Perfect show.
  33. Oct 13, 2010
    I just finished watching the first season of this show, and quite honestly, it's hilarious. Every episode is well-written and fun to watch. Each family is funny in their own way, and although it does the same thing with the mockumentary idea as The Office, it has a completely different feel to it.
  34. Aug 2, 2011
    Nice hilarious comedy x 3. I loved the whole 3 couples, 1 family.
    All the performances are great the characters very well crafted for comedy. Totally consistent.
    It has touchy moments and it is really modern. A complete recommendation.
  35. Feb 1, 2012
    Modern Family's best comedy on TV. It's screamingly funny and different from other comedy series. Its successes prove to do that. Each character is great. I think, the secret of Modern Family's success is qualified a sense of humour and naturalness. It's better than other comedy series(HIMYM, TBBT, Glee etc.). By the way, my favorite char. is Phil Dunphy.
  36. Sep 7, 2010
    Nothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TVNothing really much tackles the funny bone quite as much as Modern Family. Great show. TV's finest & funniest new comedy series currently. A real winner. & it's definitely up there with not only " The Office " & " Arrested Development " but as this show keeps its essence,flavour,viewership ratings & audience size, it will go down as 2 things. Greatest TV Shows of all-time & Greatest TV Sitcoms of all-time. Expand
  37. Dec 10, 2010
    Phenomenal cast. Clever writing. This is the perfect storm when it comes to sitcoms. They won the Emmy for a reason. If you're not watching this show then you are missing out.
  38. KMT
    Oct 3, 2010
    I love this show! I think it is so funny! The characters have such unique personalities. I think the funniest is the larger gay guy. He always cracks me up!
  39. Oct 17, 2010
    I enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they receivedI enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they received a award? Expand
  40. Feb 13, 2011
    Ever since The Office I have been searching for a Mockumentary that could make laugh. Modern Family seems to prove that sitcoms donâ
  41. Oct 28, 2010
    This is what intelligent writing is all about. CBS (Mr. Chuck Lorre in particular) should try clicking over here to see how well a sit-com can be done.
  42. Dec 12, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this show. The characters are great and very entertaining. I watched this show every week on tv and could not wait for the next episode and also recently bought it on dvd and have been watching episode after episode. I really love how different all of the characters are and how the storyline isn't like any other typical tv show's.
  43. Sep 17, 2012
    It's so refreshing to see a comedy that doesn't just treat it's homosexual characters as one-note gags, and as a complete package, Modern Family is a home-run. The actors are flawless, the writing is hilarious and the result is one of the best comedies on television.
  44. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasnâ
  45. Feb 1, 2011
    A "laugh-out-loud" comedy every week. Each character is so diverse and comedic that you feel that you are watching a well-put-together variety show of family quirks. Manny's character has funny ideosynchrocies, but the actor who plays him needs some acting lessons, to say the least.
  46. Feb 7, 2011
    Wow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family andWow, I can't believe there is even one single negative review. This show is amazing on so many levels. If you don't find it Laugh out Loud funny every week, I'd seriously check your depression level. All the characters are great and the writing is phenomenal. Every week the show gets funnier and funnier. Wonderful job to by cast, writers, and creators of Modern Family and congratulations to ABC for picking up one of the very few good comedies left on Network TV. A+++++ Expand
  47. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious. I love the cast. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. I love the mocumentary style.
  48. Mar 21, 2011
    Simply, this is the most hilarious show I have ever watched in the history of my existence! I mean pure genius; if you watch this show you'll never stop laughing! Who ever came up with this idea thank you my prayers have been answered!
  49. May 25, 2011
    A breath of fresh air in the comedy genre. The whole cast is likeable and the writing is superb. The best comedy on TV right now. If you haven't watched this yet then you are missing half your life, and I mean it.
  50. Jul 3, 2011
    The key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional familyThe key necessities of a good comedy are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family is one of the few shows since Frasier to have all of these qualities. Especially realism, something that is becoming and issue with television and film lately. Modern Family correctly portrays the many versions of a truly "modern" family, branching from the traditional family to the advancing by the day homosexual couple. One of Modern Family's greatest strengths is its ability to create comedy that is not cliche and is not "gross-out" or strictly adult, as well as its ability to keep every character likable and steer clear of having a "butt-monkey" per say. Hopefully future generations will be able to watch and relate to this show, as it is truly one of the greats. Expand
  51. Aug 27, 2011
    Engraçadíssimo. O sistema de sempre dividir o elenco em, no mínimo, 3 histórias paralelas evita qualquer chance de enjoar do seriado. Ã
  52. Sep 22, 2011
    I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel,I considered Modern Family to be the best show, currently airing on television, there isn't a comedy show that's able to do what all crew and cast of Modern Family does, it's just pure animation and laugh when you watch the show, it's pretty much awesome and very well written in every single episode, with a very interesting story, and amazing characters, like Claire & Phil, Cam & Mitchel, Gloria & Jay, all the children, just amazing, they bring the story to a whole to level of comedy, best show on television, for sure. Expand
  53. Sep 8, 2011
    I came on here expecting rave reviews, I simply do not understand how some people can rate this show poorly, it's laugh out loud funny and by far in a way one of the best new comedies I've saw in a long time. Those people who don't find it funny obviously have no sense of humour.
  54. Oct 16, 2011
    OH MY GOD when i first saw this i almost pissed my pants to freiken hilarious to be on tv there should be a law If its to funny it cant be on tv i give it a 10/10 watch it if you want to laugh for days
  55. Apr 2, 2012
    Excellent comedy. At first I did not like the new camera and i was not much into it but now i love it. Excellent writers and finally a comedy where there is less sex involved.
  56. Mar 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Espetacular. Este show é entretenimento puro, humor de alta qualidade envolvendo as situações cotidianas de uma família e a cada episódio você aprende a amar um pouco mais Phil,Claire,Jay,Gloria,Mitchel,Cameron,Manny,Luke,Alex,Haley e Lily. Expand
  57. Mar 15, 2012
    Possibly the most painful 20 minutes ive ever endured, i can even get over the plot been incredibly obvious but the characters are cringeworthingly wooden and unrealistic, allbeit in some cases attractive which helps ease the pain. On the upside my son liked it , but he is 5 so it does seem to pitched at that level. I tried to laugh but it just didnt happen, the office is a thousand timesPossibly the most painful 20 minutes ive ever endured, i can even get over the plot been incredibly obvious but the characters are cringeworthingly wooden and unrealistic, allbeit in some cases attractive which helps ease the pain. On the upside my son liked it , but he is 5 so it does seem to pitched at that level. I tried to laugh but it just didnt happen, the office is a thousand times better unless you like obvious unsarcastic humour and plots about dogs jumping in swimming pools because they are trying to kill them selves....oh wait they just want their toy............classic !!!! Expand
  58. Mar 17, 2012
    My favorite comedy on TV right now. It's a great show for the whole family and it's so funny. This show deserves the attention that it receives. Modern Family is simply a great show.
  59. Mar 16, 2015
    Fresh and uniquely funny. I love how every person in the family is so true to his or her character, that they always bring something new to the table. I enjoyed every episode, and looking forward to some in the future! I've not been laughing like this for a while now... and you gotta love Mr Phil! Easily the funniest character in any comedy series' history!
  60. Dec 1, 2013
    Without a doubt Modern Family is the best TV show on air today. From the actors to the writing everything seems natural. The key necessities of a good show are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family encompasses all those qualities.
  61. Apr 18, 2012
    Funny, witty and just plain adorable. Both, writing and acting excel by the simple, but outstanding means of made. Sofia Vergara and Ty Burrell give astonishing performances of their thrilling comedic talent.
  62. May 26, 2012
    one of the funniest comedy shows i have seen since FRIENDS; which still remains my favorite. Modern Family is the best right now. I dont think there's been an episode where I havent laughed.
  63. MHD
    May 6, 2013
    "Modern Family" is My Best TV SHOW The Performance Are All GREAT And PERFECT it Can't Be Better That Specially For Eric Stonstreet A Spectacular Performance Great Writing Directing And A Good Comedy And A Great Idea And Caracters
  64. Aug 15, 2013
    The most delightful show on TV. A great cast, great lines, great stories in every episode. You just want more and more and more. I actually feel saddened when a season comes to an end, and I look forward to hearing about the next seasons!
  65. Feb 19, 2014
    best comedy Tv show ever. Every character are very strong. it is very funny but there is lot to learn about life. i like the style of story telling. A well written story.
  66. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most funniest television shows I've ever seen. Besides being funny, it's still a very good show and every episode has a creative plot.
  67. Sep 12, 2014
    Definitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the topDefinitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the top 10, right next to Seinfeld and 30 Rock. Expand
  68. Sep 25, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most highly acclaimed comedy series today, and for good reason. Based upon a multicultural, gay and straight family, each episode sees a new family value being learnt - and in a warm, comedic way too. The acting is amazing, the characters are likeable and the dilemmas the family face are very relatable. A great comedy, very unique and worth the watch.
  69. Feb 16, 2015
    I love this show at first it was very hilarious and now its not as funny, but they always surprise me with that. I love Luke and Haley I love Phil and Claire's family dysfunctional, but well entertaining. And Alex.
  70. AF
    Oct 1, 2009
    Makes me laugh every week. Reminds me of The Office and Arrested Development. My one gripe is that the mockumentary style has been used too much lately.
  71. Matt
    Sep 24, 2009
    Very promising comedy. Half-hour of true to life quick, quirky-wit combining the heart of My Name is Earl and the smartness of Arrested Development. Hopefully this one will persist and have a good and appropriate run.
  72. RaymondR
    Oct 7, 2009
    Finally, a show that captures what it sets out to do in a great way. It's not filled with obvious jokes to make you laugh, but the subtlety of everyday situations are wonderfully projected in this series. I love the concept, love the characters, even though they may need some more development as the show goes on. But still, 3 episodes in and it's off to a great start. As opposed Finally, a show that captures what it sets out to do in a great way. It's not filled with obvious jokes to make you laugh, but the subtlety of everyday situations are wonderfully projected in this series. I love the concept, love the characters, even though they may need some more development as the show goes on. But still, 3 episodes in and it's off to a great start. As opposed to 'Community', which relies too much on stereotypes and using the guy from The Soup as a lead character. This is the best new series now, followed by Community, and dead last is Cougar Town. Expand
  73. JohnD.
    Sep 24, 2009
    One of the best new comedy shows that I have seen in many seasons...The cast is quick, funny, and disfunctional, and the writers are to be commended...I will stick with it for the season...Just don't blow it cause your off to a good start.
  74. MichaelH
    Sep 25, 2009
    I lol (yes laughed out loud) from start to finish. Loved the surprise near the end.
  75. Tom
    Oct 15, 2009
    I hated the first episode - thought what is all the fuss about, then watched second episode loved it laughed more than I had in ages at t v comedy - for those who didn't like it first viewing try again - Along with The Middle the two best new comedies.
  76. SaraH
    Oct 15, 2009
    Love it love it love!! It makes me laugh each episode. I still can't believe someone other than HBO could create something so creative and funny! Perhaps this is a sign that networks are finally paying attention to something other than reality tv again!
  77. MichaelD
    Oct 29, 2009
    The best new show of the season. The acting can sometimes lack in a few characters but besides that, superb writing and believable performances carry the show. The Office is my favorite show, but this one is catching up in my books.
  78. MarkA
    Sep 24, 2009
    Great casting and a great half hour of television.
  79. SW.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Might have even been a 10, loved it.
  80. juli
    Sep 25, 2009
    I loved this show!!! It was written very well and the casting is fabulous.
  81. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    This show is hilarious with a great ensemble to boot. Ed O' Neill and Julie Bowen are stellar in their roles. What's also great is that this show is very modern indeed, showcasing a family sitcom in a new light. Truly something to watch this season
  82. JD
    Oct 19, 2009
    I don't know how people could possibly give this show a 1...that's just being ridiculous. This is the funniest show I've seen in a long while. The jokes are smart and everything comes together in an enjoyable way. It's awesome.
  83. MaxM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Funniest thing on the air since Arrested Development went off!
  84. ScottK
    Sep 25, 2009
    I can only think of a handful of shows worthy of a score of 9 (and I've not yet seen a 10), but this is most definitely one of them. A brilliant cast, exceptional writing, and many, many out loud laughs. I can only hope that the Alphabet keeps this gem around for a while and gives it a decent shake. As we all know, the networks tend to jump the gun sometimes...I beg that this I can only think of a handful of shows worthy of a score of 9 (and I've not yet seen a 10), but this is most definitely one of them. A brilliant cast, exceptional writing, and many, many out loud laughs. I can only hope that the Alphabet keeps this gem around for a while and gives it a decent shake. As we all know, the networks tend to jump the gun sometimes...I beg that this isn't the case with Modern Family. Well done! Expand
  85. RachelF.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Loved it! It was refreshing to see a show that wasn't a trauma drama! Good humor the whole family can relate to.
  86. EvanQ.
    Dec 16, 2009
    I don't usually like all these new comedy shows, but this show seems to have a new and genuine quality. The large cast is diverse and their different styles of comedy blend into a nice mix of situational comedy!
  87. Nov 3, 2010
    This show is great, very few network shows are as good as this. The concept is not new but the amazing cast carries the show as one of the best of the year 2009.
  88. Jan 17, 2011
    Modern Family's first season does a great job at flushing out a whole cast of interesting and hilarious characters, especially Eric Stonestreet as Cameron and Ty Burrell as Phil. The writing is witty and sharp, and it feels refreshing despite its universal premise.
  89. Oct 25, 2010
    Modern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especiallyModern Family combines a strong cast with good writing. Ed O'Neil and Julie Bowen have been doing this for years, and their experience really helps give the rest of the somewhat newbie cast a lift. In Season 2 you can really see the effect as some of the less experienced cast members come into their own. The mockumentary style worked for the Office, and it works for Family, especially the irrepressibly clueless Phil Dunphy. In a sea of mediocrity, Family stands out ... just ask your friends.

To be fair, there are a couple of minor issues with the show: the child actors, with the notable exception of Rico Rodriguez, are average (will improve with time), and the intelligence level in the story-lines is also average, but compared to shows like Two and a Half Men, it's a godsend.
  90. Nov 10, 2010
    Very entertaining show, I had to go out and purchase the 1st season on DVD. Love the Manny character and the father of all the sibling families. He has always been a favorite of mine as an actor.
  91. Apr 18, 2011
    If you enjoyed Arrested Development, you'd better start watching this gem right now. Chances are high that it will be canceled early because of a distinct lack of taste in today's TV viewing audience. It continues to mystify me how shows like this are ignored while inane drivel like 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Two And A Half Men' boast good ratings.
  92. Jan 14, 2011
    This is really funny. Me and my family love it!
  93. Feb 5, 2011
    Every family has a goof, a geek, or that weird uncle that everyone hates to sit next to during Thanksgiving dinner. But one family in particular is known across America for having all three of these unleashed in weekly segments. Thatâ
  94. Jun 15, 2011
    ONe of the best mockumentarys ever.
    Damn THIS is funny :P
    The Characters are really awesome,all of them are special and new in the comedy scene,i think this show make it for a long time
  95. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development. One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development....
  96. Sep 8, 2011
    The best sitcom on television right now. This has smart writing, a cast literally full of great comedy performers, even the kids can be hilarious, and I haven't really seen that since Michael Cera in Arrested Development. Praise be to Modern Family.
  97. Nov 6, 2011
    First season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the charactersFirst season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the characters (except for the new Lilly, too old too soon), we love the actors, and we love the directors...don't change! Expand
  98. Feb 17, 2012
    As situation comedy goes this stands out in its intentions. The entire cast are likeable and kudos on how sometimes the storylines intercedes the characters to make a bigger statement. Thank you for this show.
  99. May 2, 2013
    love this show very funny and every character has their own thing gloria is a scream and the real star of the show I know as I am married to a colombian woman from the same city LOL
    all the kids are very good actors

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."