• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.7

1. JoshB
    Oct 15, 2009
    Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Great performances from the cast. Up there with "The Office" and "Arrested Development," for sure.
  2. zach
    Oct 20, 2009
    The funniest new show of the fall possibly the year.
  3. JustinM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Finally! A well-written, thought out comedy on ABC.
  4. MikeM
    Oct 11, 2009
    Best new show of the year.
  5. claraw
    Nov 5, 2009
    This is the best comedy since The Office. In fact, I think it is better!!!!
  6. Alexo
    Oct 19, 2009
    I NEVER watch sitcoms but a friend recommended this and I have to say I am hooked! This isn't just the best sitcom, it is one of the best shows on tv right now.
  7. cydena
    Sep 28, 2009
    I love it and can not wait to watch the season. Its quirky, witty, and funny. I like the idea that even though they are their own separate individual family, they are tied together in some way (which you wouild find out from watching).
  8. Tim
    Jan 22, 2010
    Awesome show. keep up the great work and more episodes please.
  9. AndreaR.
    Oct 1, 2009
    This is without a doubt the best new show on television. An absolute pleasure to watch.
  10. GilbertD
    Nov 26, 2009
    Absolutely love it every episode i range between contented smile and belly laugh! The families are PERFECT for the show!
  11. AlanB
    Oct 13, 2009
    My wife and I love this show. It is the first thing to come on television in years that elicits belly laughs from the both of us in equal measure. Plus, its getting a lot of critical acclaim....so of course they're gonna cancel it.
  12. Denebk
    Oct 16, 2009
    Fantastic, captures the absurdity of modern family life.
  13. MariaG
    Dec 10, 2009
    This is the only recent (as in the last twenty years) sitcom I like. No stupid, insulting one-liners or irritating innuendo.
  14. AngelaS.
    Dec 30, 2009
    Witty, fast , thoroughly entertaining for the whole family and in a quirky way more true to life than we'd like to admit! A real winner!
  15. LeeS
    Oct 26, 2009
    I have never laughed so much or so hard at a sitcom or been able to relate so easily with its characters. This is my new favorite show.
  16. PatrickM
    Oct 26, 2009
    I watch very little TV, but I go out of my way to catch Modern Family. Endlessly witty and entertaining, a must see.
  17. DarrenL
    Oct 5, 2009
    This is a great show for every age and every demographics including for the first time gays. I'm in a long lasting relationship with my partner and we laugh nonstop. I'm glad it shows that two men can have a serious relationship and be funny at the same time.
  18. kateh
    Sep 23, 2009
    I knew "it" when I saw the first Cheers, Will and Grace, Frasier, Taxi, Barney Miller etc. etc. etc. and this one is in for a long ride, thank God an Intelligent well-written, well acted comedy. Thank You!!!!!!
  19. RaulM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Consider me hooked. I think this is the beginning of a long-lasting relationship.
  20. BradZ
    Sep 24, 2009
    Hilarious! When he said his partner wasn't dramatic, but then he presented Lily as if she was Simba from "The Lion King," I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
  21. MoseS.
    Absolutely hilarious!
    Sep 25, 2009
    Modern Family is an extremely well written and cast sitcom that made me laugh out loud often, which I rarely do. I am a big fan of "The Office," but, if future episodes are continue to be as funny, I have a new favorite. Bravo ABC!
  23. SusanI
    Jan 13, 2010
    One of the best ensemble casts I have ever seen. The writing is outstanding. This is the only primetime show I watch. Terrific!
  24. RedJohn
    Jan 21, 2010
    This is the only network comedy that I genuinely look forward to.
  25. danielles
    Nov 9, 2009
    Its a wonderful show. Absolutely hilarious, its the wittiest comedy I've seen since Arrested Development!
  26. JamesP
    Dec 12, 2009
    I find it hard to stay interested in most tv sitcoms, however modern family is not only funny but smart too. Why can't more tv be like this?
  27. JimH
    Dec 9, 2009
    Best new show of the year! Great ensemble. An absolute hoot! Wife and I and three teens find it very funny. We make it a point to watch together every Wed. Even watching the reruns make us LOL!!!
  28. DarleneA
    Oct 31, 2009
    I love this show! How can it be so freakin' funny, & still be so lovely & sweet? Keep up the great work one & all!!
  29. jennys.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Laugh out loud funny! Best new show this year!
  30. marial.
    Sep 24, 2009
    SUPER FUNNY, I couldn't stop laughing!!

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."