• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2013
  • Season #: 1
6.8

1. May 9, 2014
    I love this show, everyone should be able to relate on some level. I can relate to adoption, alcoholism, never knowing biological father, and working for a boss that threatens to kill people. It is a "real" reality show for me, not that scripted trash that is on tv. Some issues are so sad you just have to laugh about them. Go Christy, Go Alvin, Go Bonnie!!
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    I LOVE this show!!! I Laugh Out Loud with each episode. There is so much talent in the writing and acting... I'm really looking forward to the next season!
  3. Apr 15, 2014
    I love this show. Anna faris and Allison Janey make me laugh out loud. They are such a hilarious combo. Anyway I always watch this show. So yeah you should watch it too.
  4. Feb 15, 2014
    This is the most adorable, clever, unique, funny sit-coms to come out in years. The writing is
    always creative, unexpected, silly, and laugh provoking. I think Anna Farris is hilarious.
    Janny is a perfect foil. Definitely a must watch for me.
  5. Jan 23, 2014
    I watched this show for the first time last night and loved it. Anna Faris has great comic timing and was excellent and believable in the part that she's casts for. And while I've always liked Allison Janney since seeing her in The West Wing, I'm really am not sure yet about her character yet. And that could be because I only have brothers and no sisters and really can't see my Mom talking about sex like they were. They say you don't get a second chance to make a first impression and I was impressed so I'll be looking forward to watching it again next week. Expand
  6. Jan 9, 2014
    the show starts dull way below to what's expected of chuck lorre but only to get better thereafter. It has a making of a good show. Thumbs up for Anna Faris. She is good, like really gooood (at acting i mean;))
  7. Nov 26, 2013
    Unlike "Dads", Mom is pretty funny. The jokes are good, and the two ladies are entertaining, Probably the funniest new show of the season. We'll see if it sticks.
  8. Nov 25, 2013
    This is a very funny show. Best new comedy show. I've only seen a few episodes and I am waiting for the new episode to come on in about an hour and a half. It's a good show.
  9. Nov 25, 2013
    Mom is an incredibly insightful joke machine. And the cast is absurdly funny. Faris and Janney are the emotional and hilarious center of the cast, but there are so many well fleshed out and funny characters as well. The chef with his deadpan and his cook, the couple of friends in recovery (Octavia Spencer among them), Justin Long, the kids in the show. After 8 episodes the show keeps getting better and better. That such a show will indulge in a life in recovery, and to be done in such a watchable way, is truly a first for American TV. I have personally been in the rooms and I can relate to it, despite the farcical undertones. I don't like Chuck Lorre's products in general but with this one he has won me over. A female centric cast that runs away with the material and makes it their own... Collapse
  10. Nov 9, 2013
    This show is horrible. The acting is good, however the writing is not. The mother chemistry is good. I think the actors are very good, it is just that the jokes are painful to watch.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    i just love anna faris. The pilot was terrible but after 2nd epsiode it's been good for our
    amusement and every single eposide is hilarious,i just like this show tbh.
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    One of Fall's best new shows and best new comedies! the show never failed to deliver. it is a comedy with a romantic touch and a tradegic touch with a pinch of plot twists as of every episode so far! my Mondays just became much better. Well done Anna Faris
  13. Oct 4, 2013
    I've recorded and watched the first two episodes. To be honest, after watching the pilot episode, I removed the show from the ToDo list of my DVR. Then, I decided to give the show a second chance, after all, the actresses are talented people, the show has to get better. Then I watched the second episode. Well, that's thirty minutes of my life that I'll never get back.... I cannot see the point of this show. The jokes aren't funny, the actresses look as if they are dragging the dialog uphill as they act out their lines. There's a serious aspect to the show, but it does not come across well, it seems out of place, almost as if they are trying too hard.

Typically, I like Chuck Lorre comedies, but this one is a dud.
  14. Oct 4, 2013
    Can we pass an international law that states Chuck Lorre may never ever produce another show.

Havent laughed once in 2 episodes this show is stale and expired.
  15. Sep 30, 2013
    I expected more from Chuck Lorre and Anna Faris. I didn't laugh one single time! I really have mixed feeling about this show but yet again the first few episodes of The big bang theory wasn't that good.
  16. Sep 28, 2013
    Since Chuck Lorre encouraged us in his vanity card to complain on the internet, I will. It wasn't funny. Yet another example that a well known actor doesn't count for jack with a bad script. Since there was a huge cheer for Jon Cryer's pointless cameo I guess hard core Lorre fans who even watch Mike and Molly will like this... if anyone.
  17. Sep 24, 2013
    Mwah, simply said, it just not that funny, not that good and after episode one, you're stuck with the question of where they want to take this show.

Anna Faris plays Christy. A semi-recovered alcoholic in her early 30's who wants to pull her life back together but can't because there are two kids she needs to take care of. Then there is Allison Janney (whoohoo!) who plays Christy's mom.
    She's got the same problem as her daughter, recovering alcoholic, became a mom to young etc.

After watching the first episode, there are a couple of things bothering me. First of all, the characters are difficult to relate to. Christy and her mom are not likable, you just feel sorry for them, and not in a good way! She messed up her own life, don't bother us with sorting it all out!

Then there is the casting. Allison Janney is just a great actress, she just looks to young for the part she's playing. The strange thing is that this is also the case with Anna Faris. Last time I saw her was in Friends, playing Erica. This was ten years ago but it looks like she didn't age at all! So in real life; thumbs up for Anna, well done! Show-wise: they are making the same mistake twice. Casting Anna and Allison playing mom and daughter and introducing Sadie Calvano as Christy's 16/17-something daughter is just weird, it's not believable and kinda icky.

Finally there is the unbelievable dumb guest-starr appearance by Jon Cryer (two and a half men). What were they thinking? He only orders food in a restaurant, the (live?) audience cheers because they recognize him and then.... that's it! Looked like a extra didn't show up and Jon happened to be on a break in the studio next door. Hey Jon, can you order food on camera? Yes? Let's go!

Conclussion
    Story wise, you can't judge a series after one episode, everyone is just introduced and stories to tell haven't been rolled out, so that's for a later moment. On the other hand, this show did everything wrong a comedy could have done in episode one, so little hope for the series as a whole.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2013
    If Faris is the little engine that could, Janney is the caboose along for the ride. [4 Nov 2013]
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 18, 2013
    It is sharp comedy enriched by a cast led by Allison Janney as Bonnie, the mother in question, and Anna Faris as Christy, her daughter.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Rorke
    Oct 3, 2013
    When the jokes work, they’re hilarious.